Page 122 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What about frudge?

If we get your list, we will have gone 2-5 vs sec programs
    With one vs Bama that we will never win. That makes 2-4 realistically. 1 to FL that well lose every time. That makes 2-3 realistically. Honestly, we lost Winkel. Bishop's dream school was Arkansas. Mason had a punkass coach get involved.
    Plus, we basically dropped Winkel and Brule, so they've got incentive to tell us to suck it. So does Reed as far as that goes.
    Other than Bishop, I really don't see bad losses here. None of them are much different.
    I get the fact that we need OL and CBs in a bad way. I get that some of you might be "embarrassed" because you think your team should get these kids. But in reality, it's not that big a difference in what we're getting and losing IF we get the targets we've got out there. Other than the new guys not really bringing new players to the table, I just don't really care. Smith and Bishop would've been nice. The OL guys though, there's no difference to me. We just need to get the ones out there now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'm not drinking anything. I'm just being an objective observer of what's happened so far. And so far Moorhead kept together a class that everyone said wouldn't be kept together. So we missed on a few OL. So Arkansas took a few of our guys. I literally don't care. This class, on paper, got us the best group of skill position high schoolers we've signed in our history. That can't be questioned.

We are going to miss on some. And guess what. If you didn't expect that you are naive. We still think we should get every 3 star or low end 4 star we go after because we are so awesome. Well guess what. Every other school has that same mentality and things they can sell. We missed on OL this go around. That's not new. But if you can't tell Moorhead is doing things differently you just don't get it or don't follow on social media, which quite a few on here don't do.

So no I'm not drinking kool aid. I'm just watching what we are doing differently. And it's a lot.
    Well you just lost all credibility

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    With one vs Bama that we will never win. That makes 2-4 realistically. 1 to FL that well lose every time. That makes 2-3 realistically. Honestly, we lost Winkel. Bishop's dream school was Arkansas. Mason had a punkass coach get involved.
    Plus, we basically dropped Winkel and Brule, so they've got incentive to tell us to suck it. So does Reed as far as that goes.
    Other than Bishop, I really don't see bad losses here. None of them are much different.
    I get the fact that we need OL and CBs in a bad way. I get that some of you might be "embarrassed" because you think your team should get these kids. But in reality, it's not that big a difference in what we're getting and losing IF we get the targets we've got out there. Other than the new guys not really bringing new players to the table, I just don't really care. Smith and Bishop would've been nice. The OL guys though, there's no difference to me. We just need to get the ones out there now.
    Carvin to tenn is another loss

vCash
    Carvin hurt. No doubt. But again, dream school. You aren't beating out dream schools.

vCash
    So, maybe I missed it, but is Smith a definite to Bama? Or is everyone just assuming he is going to Bama since he posted a video of Saban dancing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    So, maybe I missed it, but is Smith a definite to Bama? Or is everyone just assuming he is going to Bama since he posted a video of Saban dancing?
    He supposedly got a real offer

vCash
    Carvin hurt. No doubt. But again, dream school. You aren't beating out dream schools.
    Funny how that works against us so often, yet for us so rarely. What connections to TN did Carvin have? He's from Memphis, so is geographically closer to us, OM, Arky, Bama, and Vandy than he is to TN. At one point he seemed higher on us Arky and Bama than TN. Pruitt took till signing day to swing him, so it's not like Bishop who flipped just as soon as the Arky staff showed him they weren't a trainwreck. What family ties does Carvin have to TN? he use to live there?

vCash

I'm not sure that coul actually be counted as a loss, because we never actually had him. If TN offered he was going to go to TN. We were his backup plan basically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I'm not sure that coul actually be counted as a loss, because we never actually had him. If TN offered he was going to go to TN. We were his backup plan basically.
    Pretty sure he had the offer all along

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Funny how that works against us so often, yet for us so rarely. What connections to TN did Carvin have? He's from Memphis, so is geographically closer to us, OM, Arky, Bama, and Vandy than he is to TN. At one point he seemed higher on us Arky and Bama than TN. Pruitt took till signing day to swing him, so it's not like Bishop who flipped just as soon as the Arky staff showed him they weren't a trainwreck. What family ties does Carvin have to TN? he use to live there?

I believe he grew up a Vol fan. It really doesn't matter though. He was going to go to TN if he got that offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    uhhh I'm going to need some kind of source on that, either from Steve or Ari or another guy in the know on here, because I read this thread and listened to the Boneyard since July and I've never heard what you're saying. And TN didn't offer him? Who wouldn't offer an unanimous 4* OL with no off field issues who's being pursued by multiple other SEC schools? And its not like he was under the radar and missed by TN like you could say about Murphy or Cumbest. I'm not saying you're wrong, and maybe I'm just an idiot who forgot, but I don't recall seeing "We're his backup plan, if Tn offers he's gone" ever during his recruitment like we just say with Smith and Bama or Watson and Auburn. In fact, Ari and IYOK said he was ours a couple days before signing day well after TN had put the pressure on him

vCash
    Man, I didn't realize you were the type of poster to spin this much. We are having a bad run and it's ok to admit it. And I don't think it's indicative of the type of recruiters this staff can be.

vCash
    +1 hoops... we absolutely didn't drop Winkel or Brule, and saying "the past few weeks have sucked" or "The last few weeks are making me concerned for the future" is not the same as saying "THE SKY IS FALLING" or "CLOSE UP SHOP BOYS THE 2019 CLASS WILL SUCK". We have a good team, an overall good roster with a few holes down the road (OL and CB), and a good on-field staff. What's so wrong with saying the recruiting needs to step up? Even Steve said today that "If I'm Arkansas, I carpet bomb the state of MS with offers in 2019 because this State staff doesn't scare me" regarding the recent Arky recrooting victories. And Steve is a pretty optimistic guy...

I think this staff will do very well, but maybe there's something too the opinion that SEC recruiting is different and it takes time to adjust to. Whatever it is the fact remains no staff is 100% perfect and it's irrational to ignore what's going on

vCash
    I like to let it play out, and just see what happens. Things are never as bad or good as they seem. Signing day is next week and there will be plenty of time to bitch after that i'm sure. Let it play out and see what happens. Maybe a surprise or 2, who knows. None of us had any inkling we were getting Kilby-Lane in the December signing class. I'm just going to see who we sign next week, add it to who we signed in December and then we can assess where we are. That's just me though.

vCash
    A lot of pressure on the Moorhead team to recruit for 2019.

We lose 24 scholly seniors and Jeffrey Simmons and Leo Lewis (he'll rebound this year) and maybe even Chauncey Rivers, Marquiss Spencer and Farrod Green. (last 3 are longshots, I know, but Green is already on some draft lists)

Can't wait to see how it all shakes out

Banned
    vCash
    I wish we could flip some SEC croots. Only flips we get are from UT Chattanooga, LA Tech and ULL.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Why is Griffin McDowell still on page 1 under "current dawgs"? Thats the one that really shows what a piece of shit Mullen is imo.
    Fixed...I hope your day gets better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Sounds good to me. I was just pointing out that saying a coach was going to win regardless of how he recruits is a terrible thought.
    Well you are gonna be surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So bama has the best scheme every year no matter the coordinator? then you end w saying as long as he has athletes? which is it in your mind? You lost me. And you better have good players first, then scheme, then coach em up, in that order.
    Damn man, you don't follow either. There are plenty of athletes that can run this offense and not all are going to be 4 star ranked players. This isn't Mullen's offense.

vCash
    So what's new with basketball recruiting? If Fox gets fired do we have a shot with any of their recruits?