Page 121 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Maybe somebody needs to teach JoMo how to do the Dougie.

Banned
    vCash
    Why is Griffin McDowell still on page 1 under "current dawgs"? Thats the one that really shows what a piece of shit Mullen is imo.

vCash
    Who is scheduled to visit this weekend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdawg View Post
    Who is scheduled to visit this weekend?
    Couple Western TN Technical college recruits. Gonna be a battle until NSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Hahaha. You are literally freaking out that Arkansas got an 87 overall CB in Bishop because he?s so good and was committed to us. But we get an 85 overall CB from the state of MS that was previously committed to us and now the entire football program is in panic mode because it?s definitely a downgrade.

This schtick you?ve gone on the past week has to be commemorated somehow. It?s been hilarious to watch the melt. I?m glad it?s not me or I would be pissed off at myself by now. I would be really interested to see how your comments would go over if you had to say them straight to Joe Mo?s face. You know, tell him how awful he?s doing that he?s held together a Top 30 recruiting class.
    You're drinking the kool aid to the max

vCash
    "In the end, I believe Moorhead is going to win regardless of how we recruit."

This is the most wrong thing I have ever read on here, and that is saying something. If he doesn't recruit well, we will get our teeth kicked in. We play in the SEC, and the reason we have a good team next year is two reasons. Mullen and Hev for all their faults were good at developing an OL that could run Mullen's system. Next year's OL is a bunch of 3 stars that are going to kick ass and take names.

Our defense is littered with 4 star players all over the damn field. SImmons was a five star, Peters 5 star, Leo Lewis 4/5 star, Gerri Green 4 star, Spencer 4 star, Sweat 4 star, Cory Thomas 4 star. What players are we hoping make an impact on offense next year? Heath 4/5 star, Guidry 4 star.

Lets be clear, if Coach doesn't recruit well, he will lose. Anyone saying otherwise is just wrong. Also, when you have a MS class like 2019, I don't want to hear shit like "Coach doesn't need to recruit well, he will just coach em up". I'm sure he expects to recruit well next year, and we as fans should expect that as well.

I'm not sure why the board is so sensitive when a few posters get upset when we lose out on a recruit. That is normal, that shows that fans care. You know who doesn't care about recruiting? Fans of teams that don't compete for shit. Bama fans are freaking the **** out over a class that is outside the top 5. That is a good thing. Saban apparently is not happy with how recruiting is going and is going to make staff changes after signing day. That is what elite programs do.

Its ok to be pissed that we are not closing well, because in 2019 and 2020 if we are struggling on the field and are wasting KT's talent, its going to be because of misses in this year's recruiting class. That is why we end up winning 7-8 instead of 9-10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

This is the most wrong thing I have ever read on here, and that is saying something. If he doesn't recruit well, we will get our teeth kicked in. We play in the SEC, and the reason we have a good team next year is two reasons. Mullen and Hev for all their faults were good at developing an OL that could run Mullen's system. Next year's OL is a bunch of 3 stars that are going to kick ass and take names.

Our defense is littered with 4 star players all over the damn field. SImmons was a five star, Peters 5 star, Leo Lewis 4/5 star, Gerri Green 4 star, Spencer 4 star, Sweat 4 star, Cory Thomas 4 star. What players are we hoping make an impact on offense next year? Heath 4/5 star, Guidry 4 star.

Lets be clear, if Coach doesn't recruit well, he will lose. Anyone saying otherwise is just wrong. Also, when you have a MS class like 2019, I don't want to hear shit like "Coach doesn't need to recruit well, he will just coach em up". I'm sure he expects to recruit well next year, and we as fans should expect that as well.

I'm not sure why the board is so sensitive when a few posters get upset when we lose out on a recruit. That is normal, that shows that fans care. You know who doesn't care about recruiting? Fans of teams that don't compete for shit. Bama fans are freaking the **** out over a class that is outside the top 5. That is a good thing. Saban apparently is not happy with how recruiting is going and is going to make staff changes after signing day. That is what elite programs do.

Its ok to be pissed that we are not closing well, because in 2019 and 2020 if we are struggling on the field and are wasting KT's talent, its going to be because of misses in this year's recruiting class. That is why we end up winning 7-8 instead of 9-10.
    It's mostly about scheme bro. It's not like we're gonna fall off the earth in recruiting. We will have a highly productive offense as long as CJM has athletes.

vCash

I didn't realize we'd lost a bunch of 4 and 5 star players. This class is Mullen's class. Both the hits and misses are his. Now, our new guys didn't bring anybody new into the conversation, but they haven't lost a bunch of high-end rated players either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It's mostly about scheme bro. It's not like we're gonna fall off the earth in recruiting. We will have a highly productive offense as long as CJM has athletes.
    Defense is about talent, not scheme, bro.

You can’t scheme your way around not having talent on defense. Schemes can hide deficiencies on offense, but we have been running Mullen’s system for almost a decade, there will be an adjustment, and we will need talented players to compete for the West.

Talent > over scheme all day.

vCash
    Well by this recruiting scale we’ll sign 8 possibly 9 4* players this year. So i’m not going to have a meltdown. If you’re putting the negatives of this class on this staff then you’d have to put all the positives on them too. They covered our most needed position to give us a real shot at 2018. I agree that recruiting is the cornerstone of a program but I’ll wait to see what the staff can do with a clean slate in 2019 and hopefully after a great season before I go asking for heads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    So bama has the best scheme every year no matter the coordinator? then you end w saying as long as he has athletes? which is it in your mind? You lost me. And you better have good players first, then scheme, then coach em up, in that order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    You're drinking the kool aid to the max
    I'm not drinking anything. I'm just being an objective observer of what's happened so far. And so far Moorhead kept together a class that everyone said wouldn't be kept together. So we missed on a few OL. So Arkansas took a few of our guys. I literally don't care. This class, on paper, got us the best group of skill position high schoolers we've signed in our history. That can't be questioned.

We are going to miss on some. And guess what. If you didn't expect that you are naive. We still think we should get every 3 star or low end 4 star we go after because we are so awesome. Well guess what. Every other school has that same mentality and things they can sell. We missed on OL this go around. That's not new. But if you can't tell Moorhead is doing things differently you just don't get it or don't follow on social media, which quite a few on here don't do.

So no I'm not drinking kool aid. I'm just watching what we are doing differently. And it's a lot.

vCash
    Late losses:

Winkel: 84 - 3 star
    McDowell: 83 - 3 star
    Mason: 88- 3 star
    Bishop: 87- 3 star
    Smith: 88- 3 star

Late targets we've got a good shot at:

Lovett: 88- 3 star
    Watson: 86- 3 star
    Brule: 88- 3 star
    Reed: 85- 3 star
    Young: 85- 3 star

vCash
    Yeah, put the melters in their place "cooterpoot"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    Well by this recruiting scale we’ll sign 8 possibly 9 4* players this year. So i’m not going to have a meltdown. If you’re putting the negatives of this class on this staff then you’d have to put all the positives on them too. They covered our most needed position to give us a real shot at 2018. I agree that recruiting is the cornerstone of a program but I’ll wait to see what the staff can do with a clean slate in 2019 and hopefully after a great season before I go asking for heads
    Sounds good to me. I was just pointing out that saying a coach was going to win regardless of how he recruits is a terrible thought.

vCash
    I'm not drinking anything. I'm just being an objective observer of what's happened so far. And so far Moorhead kept together a class that everyone said wouldn't be kept together. So we missed on a few OL. So Arkansas took a few of our guys. I literally don't care. This class, on paper, got us the best group of skill position high schoolers we've signed in our history. That can't be questioned.

We are going to miss on some. And guess what. If you didn't expect that you are naive. We still think we should get every 3 star or low end 4 star we go after because we are so awesome. Well guess what. Every other school has that same mentality and things they can sell. We missed on OL this go around. That's not new. But if you can't tell Moorhead is doing things differently you just don't get it or don't follow on social media, which quite a few on here don't do.

So no I'm not drinking kool aid. I'm just watching what we are doing differently. And it's a lot.
    Your don't care?!? As long as we sign 4* WRs you're A-ok? Go be an OM fan that's all you care about. There are 22 starters buddy, poor play from any one of them can cost you a close game. We need depth everywhere, and since some high rated guys don't pan out you can't just ignore the potential or lack thereof of the bottom of a class.

Seriously, forget about this specific class. What you just said has nothing to do with the specifics of how good/bad we are doing; you just said you LITERALLY DON'T CARE if we miss on OL, CB, and S targets just because the offensive skill players are great. Name me one top 10 team that "literally doesn't care" about the last 8 spots in a class, and I'll show you 4 CFP teams that do and but their ass till signing day is over to fill every spot with the best they can.

You are doing mental gymnastics to say OL and secondary recruiting doesn't matter, and I'm concerned for your health if you honestly think you're objective and rational about recruiting. Ari, IYOK, Steve, and literally every coach in the nation will tell you the bottom of a class and every single position matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Late losses:

Winkel: 84 - 3 star (lost to ark)
    McDowell: 83 - 3 star (lost to Florida)
    Mason: 88- 3 star (lost to ark)
    Bishop: 87- 3 star (lost to ark)
    Smith: 88- 3 star (lost to bama)

Late targets we've got a good shot at:

Lovett: 88- 3 star (beat OM and Florida - good get)
    Watson: 86- 3 star (auburn only other visit, but no offer)
    Brule: 88- 3 star (beat ark, tcu, GT, and Oklahoma state if we get him - good get)
    Reed: 85- 3 star (beat Memphis after previously dropping him)
    Young: 85- 3 star (not sure who this is)
    What about frudge?

If we get your list, we will have gone 2-5 vs sec programs

vCash

Some on here don't understand being objective or realisitic. I have about decided those who continually criticize are posting controversial comments just to push somebody's button and get an argument started. Some people thrive on that sort of thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What about frudge?

If we get your list, we will have gone 2-5 vs sec programs
    Furdge: 86- 3 star
    Robinson: 80- 3 star (don't know if he's been fully evaluated though)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Some on here don't understand being objective or realisitic. I have about decided those who continually criticize are posting controversial comments just to push somebody's button and get an argument started. Some people thrive on that sort of thing.
    It's just hilarious to me how quick you guys change your mind. 7 made a great point earlier that when we dropped Reed everyone was saying how he wasn't SEC quality and we're better off moving on then as SOON as we re-offer because our class is getting poached he's a great pickup and we aren't really missing anything from our other targets because Reed is back in the boat and 7 is just a negative poster with no valid points. Seriously? Now, I originally never wanted to drop him and am glad to have him back and I hope he becomes an SEC caliber starter for us but damn.. you talk about being realistic. Negativity (and positivity) and facing the facts is a huge part of being realistic.
    Moorhead did an OUTSTANDING job keeping Malik, Whop, and Guidry and he deserves credit for that, but as head coach he is also going to take the blame when we take losses.