Page 120 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am not saying fire him or anything even close to that. To make our recruiting out post early signing day as anything but a huge fail is ridiculous though. I expect much better next cycle... better be anyway
    I agree if 19 class is bad then there?s a problem but I?m confident it will be better than anything dan ever did.

vCash
    I am not saying fire him or anything even close to that. To make our recruiting out post early signing day as anything but a huge fail is ridiculous though. I expect much better next cycle... better be anyway
    It?s not a fail at all, yet. Geez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Oh i wished we were gonna close stronger too. Also part of the angst is from danny boy leaving us thin at ol and cb. If he had added some good depth the last couple years the misses wouldn?t hurt so bad. I just honestly believe our recruiting is gonna take an uptick with Joe and if it doesn?t we will have a new coach in 3 years. I guess I?ve just learned over time that things are never as bad or as good as they seem. I try to keep balance even though it?s difficult what being a Dawg fan for life and all
    Lol
    Long term, I'm not overly concerned...yet. Short Term, it's really bad and it's ok to say so. 2 years in a row of awful corner and Oline recruiting. I was really hoping Eddie Smith and Sampson could save the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It?s not a fail at all, yet. Geez
    Oh yeah- we have another weekend of official visits.

The melting was fun for those that did though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Long term, I'm not overly concerned...yet. Short Term, it's really bad and it's ok to say so. 2 years in a row of awful corner and Oline recruiting. I was really hoping Eddie Smith and Sampson could save the day.
    Yep the last 2 years in those position groups has hurt us. The new staff has ground to make up in this next class because of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Oh yeah- we have another weekend of official visits.

The melting was fun for those that did though.
    I will feel a little better if we can get brule and Robinson. Not too confident in either though

vCash
    I will feel a little better if we can get brule and Robinson. Not too confident in either though
    No offense dude but you melt with the best of them. Hey, we won the basketball game tonight. Although you’re probably upset that Ado fouled out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    No offense dude but you melt with the best of them. Hey, we won the basketball game tonight. Although you’re probably upset that Ado fouled out.
    You must have missed the game thread where I praised our team. I then started a thread imploring us to be at the game Saturday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    We should have a separate recruiting thread for whining. Or maybe let this one be the whiners? thread and start a new one that only has informative posts

I believe this one has become that.

vCash
    I wish we had reeled in Jemaurian Jones when we had the chance. Dan passed on a good CB, and he wanted to be here in the end.

I don't know what to say about our closing in recruiting. It seems that there's a disproportionate amount of propaganda being used against us by other staffs, along with the internet and social media. In other words, I dont believe this is a new staff problem. We are painted as the redheaded stepchild of the SEC West. Good seasons have, little, if any, positive effect.

In the end, I believe Moorhead is going to win regardless of how we recruit.

vCash

Are you confident in anything that Coach JoeMo and his staff does? I guess you think that our earlly signees, who had no MSU ties just said, the coaching change doesn't effect me. Coach JoeMo had to form a very quick relationship, meet their parents and form a relationship with them, and make them confident that he could help their kid achieve both on and off the field, win the kid over on his program, show them where they fit in and how they would be used, etc. I guess now I'll hear all these statistics or ARK crap, which has nothing to do with MSU recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Are you confident in anything that Coach JoeMo and his staff does? I guess you think that our earlly signees, who had no MSU ties just said, the coaching change doesn't effect me. Coach JoeMo had to form a very quick relationship, meet their parents and form a relationship with them, and make them confident that he could help their kid achieve both on and off the field, win the kid over on his program, show them where they fit in and how they would be used, etc. I guess now I'll hear all these statistics or ARK crap, which has nothing to do with MSU recruiting.
    Brule leaning ark. Robinson from kansas and Nebraska offering who is much closer to home. That simple imo. You predict we get em?

vCash
    Brule leaning ark. Robinson from kansas and Nebraska offering who is much closer to home. That simple imo. You predict we get em?

Brule should be a signing day wait and probably ARK I would imagine. As of now, anyway. Robinson's parents' want him to be close to home, but it depends on how his OV goes this weekend. I would think. My comment was concerning recruiting in general. I mean JoeMo had to win Whop, Guidry and many others over in a matter of a week or two, but some how all that seems to be forgotten. He really did a good job in the early signing period.

vCash
    Robinson does have family on the Gulf Coast. And I ain't talking about the Gulf Coast of Kansas. I'm also not talking about some random cousin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Brule should be a signing day wait and probably ARK I would imagine. As of now, anyway. Robinson's parents' want him to be close to home, but it depends on how his OV goes this weekend. I would think. My comment was concerning recruiting in general. I mean JoeMo had to win Whop, Guidry and many others over in a matter of a week or two, but some how all that seems to be forgotten. He really did a good job in the early signing period.
    I agree. We need to see how the final OV's go. It seems to me that a lot of times that the guys that show up to those end up signing with us.

Rosebowl is saying that we just re-offered Jaylon Reed.

If we finish with Brule, Robinson, Lovett, Reed, and Kameron Jones I'll be satisfied.

vCash
    I agree. We need to see how the final OV's go. It seems to me that a lot of times that the guys that show up to those end up signing with us.

If we finish with Brule, Robinson, Lovett, Reed, and Kameron Jones I'll be satisfied.
    With what we signed in December that would be a solid class. And Watson and a Furdge probably sign too. I think Furdge has potential. He?s raw but very reminiscent of Taveze.

vCash

Yep. No recruit has a bad OV when a school throws out the red carpet treatment. Maybe Brule was still on that ARK high, and that has kind of disappeared some. Having a recruit's last OV visit before signing day, never hurts and can be a big positive.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-01-2018 at 01:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I wish we had reeled in Jemaurian Jones when we had the chance. Dan passed on a good CB, and he wanted to be here in the end.

I don't know what to say about our closing in recruiting. It seems that there's a disproportionate amount of propaganda being used against us by other staffs, along with the internet and social media. In other words, I dont believe this is a new staff problem. We are painted as the redheaded stepchild of the SEC West. Good seasons have, little, if any, positive effect.

In the end, I believe Moorhead is going to win regardless of how we recruit.
    I agree with your last sentence.

vCash
    Pretty much an average Dan Mullen class. And our new coaches, a few that haven’t recruited in years, brought no players to the prospect board. We basically failed at CB and OL. Which has been pretty typical for us lately. But, we filled a lot of needs and pull some talent in the early period.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree with your last sentence.
    I don't. Gotta croot. Saban didn't even win till he started reelin em in.