Page 119 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Look like Jaylon Reed may be getting back in this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    That?s interesting

vCash
    I think its a good move considering the circumstances. Maybe a way to help with Lovett too

vCash
    Good for him. We reaching, but happy for the kid

vCash
    Wow.

vCash
    We should have a separate recruiting thread for whining. Or maybe let this one be the whiners? thread and start a new one that only has informative posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Wow.
    I think this is the panic button. Things are falling apart, so make dang sure we land Lovett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think this is the panic button. Things are falling apart, so make dang sure we land Lovett
    Reed looked pretty good in the MS/AL and considering Smith and Brule are gone according to this thread I think its a good move

vCash
    7 do you ever see the good? Lol

vCash
    Terrible luck that the hard 25 goes into place next year. We have basically self imposed sanctions equal to Ole Miss. Really sucks that Bama offered Smith bc our staff did a good job with him...well other than not pulling out all the stops in December.

vCash
    Hahaha. You are literally freaking out that Arkansas got an 87 overall CB in Bishop because he?s so good and was committed to us. But we get an 85 overall CB from the state of MS that was previously committed to us and now the entire football program is in panic mode because it?s definitely a downgrade.

This schtick you?ve gone on the past week has to be commemorated somehow. It?s been hilarious to watch the melt. I?m glad it?s not me or I would be pissed off at myself by now. I would be really interested to see how your comments would go over if you had to say them straight to Joe Mo?s face. You know, tell him how awful he?s doing that he?s held together a Top 30 recruiting class.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 02-01-2018 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    7 do you ever see the good? Lol
    Yes. When I do, I praise too. Go back a few pages and read about Reed. There was a consensus he was not an sec guy. Now though, he will be a big get. I hope he is. Maybe he turns out to be another tavese Calhoun... think we took him to get quay Evans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Hahaha. You are literally freaking out that Arkansas got an 87 overall CB in Bishop because he’s so good and was committed to us. But we get an 85 overall CB from the state of MS and we are in panic mode because it’s definitely a downgrade.

This schtick you’ve gone on the past week has to be commemorated somehow. It’s been hilarious to watch the melt. I’m glad it’s not me or I would be pissed off at myself by now.
    Fine. You think bishop and reed are equal. I will not argue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Hahaha. You are literally freaking out that Arkansas got an 87 overall CB in Bishop because he?s so good and was committed to us. But we get an 85 overall CB from the state of MS that was previously committed to us and now the entire football program is in panic mode because it?s definitely a downgrade.

This schtick you?ve gone on the past week has to be commemorated somehow. It?s been hilarious to watch the melt. I?m glad it?s not me or I would be pissed off at myself by now. I would be really interested to see how your comments would go over if you had to say them straight to Joe Mo?s face. You know, tell him how awful he?s doing that he?s held together a Top 30 recruiting class.
    You are taking those numbers too literally. 247 doesn't rate anyone with an SEC offer as a 2 star.

vCash
    Yes. When I do, I praise too. Go back a few pages and read about Reed. There was a consensus he was not an sec guy. Now though, he will be a big get. I hope he is. Maybe he turns out to be another tavese Calhoun... think we took him to get quay Evans
    Hasn?t been much praise coming from ol 7 lately. I understand angst but dang y?all got to give the man a little more time. At least give him one full recruirung cycle before you decree him the worst recruiter in cfb history

vCash
    Fine. You think bishop and reed are equal. I will not argue
    That’s not the point at all. The point is that you are so convinced they aren’t equal when we have proven time and again that for the majority of these kids in the 84-89 range are that they are so variable that’s it’s dumb to say one is absolutely better than the other.

I just don’t get the melt man. You do your thing. But just know that it looks awful that you think that guys that are 2 points difference in some humanized subjective ranking system is the be all end all for this class.

vCash
    Hasn?t been much praise coming from ol 7 lately. I understand angst but dang y?all got to give the man a little more time. At least give him one full recruirung cycle before you decree him the worst recruiter in cfb history
    Completely agree, but it has been very rough since the early signing period. Borderline disaster. The new staff really messed up by not staying on Hall and Williams.

vCash
    I am not saying fire him or anything even close to that. To make our recruiting out post early signing day as anything but a huge fail is ridiculous though. I expect much better next cycle... better be anyway

vCash
    You are taking those numbers too literally. 247 doesn't rate anyone with an SEC offer as a 2 star.
    Maybe so. But for now, I’m not going to melt. It’s easy to revert back to what we always do. It’s comfortable to complain about recruiting. Joe Mo had a lot of work to do in a short period of time. I just don’t get why he’s getting hammered. People think he sucks because he lost a couple middle tier recruits to a team we are better than. A couple of those had prior Arkansas connections.

I’ll say it again. The majority of this board has no clue why teenagers do the things they do in recruiting. Zero clue. They’ve never seen a head coach talk with a potential recruit, they’ve never had a long standing relationship with a D1 recruit (I’m talking about seeing them 3-5 times a week and having a conversation with them). Many people’s opinions on this topic are generated from years and years of trolling message boards and paying for subscriptions. Not actually talking to kids. That’s why I don’t freak out. I see all this stuff on a daily basis. We need people to calm down. It’s just dumb how some of us act on a subject that many know virtually nothing about.

vCash
    Completely agree, but it has been very rough since the early signing period. Borderline disaster. The new staff really messed up by not staying on Hall and Williams.
    Oh i wished we were gonna close stronger too. Also part of the angst is from danny boy leaving us thin at ol and cb. If he had added some good depth the last couple years the misses wouldn?t hurt so bad. I just honestly believe our recruiting is gonna take an uptick with Joe and if it doesn?t we will have a new coach in 3 years. I guess I?ve just learned over time that things are never as bad or as good as they seem. I try to keep balance even though it?s difficult what being a Dawg fan for life and all
    Lol