Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Everyone seems to be middle aged men in the articles I have seen. Perhaps his power of impression is not as strong with young boys
    That’s not accurate at all... many people including our OC were influenced early in their life.

vCash
    Everyone seems to be middle aged men in the articles I have seen. Perhaps his power of impression is not as strong with young boys
    Then you need to read some of the things his former players have said about him. He impresses EVERYONE. Young and old. He was at our high school recruiting a couple of weeks ago. My son met him and was blown away and so was the kid he was down here to see. My sons a baseball player and being recruited by some pretty good D1 baseball programs so he?s familiar with how coaches act. Normally they?re not interested in taking time with anyone other than the recruit but Joe did and didn?t get in a hurry. My son also had a run in with Saban last week. I?ll have to tell y?all that story later but Saban was an ass. All I?m saying relax a little give him a chance to make his plan work. If he fails we will have a new coach in a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    I can’t read this comment without laughing. Sorry
    It is Kinda funny lol

vCash
    Even if we don't finish strong- it wouldn't worry me too much. Look at Hugh Freeze and how the Network finished their class after the 2011 season.

I imagine a LOT of the problem is Dan probably didn't have a large net of back up plans which our guys like Peterson and Austin could communicate to the current staff. So, what has probably happened is we're going after guys on the back up lists of whatever schools our coaches were at before.

I'm encouraged if we kept all of our Mississippi recruits- that's a great start. I like the fact that even if we miss we have a plan. I also like how we have offered the top 100 prospects in the class of 2019 across the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Even if we don't finish strong- it wouldn't worry me too much. Look at Hugh Freeze and how the Network finished their class after the 2011 season.

I imagine a LOT of the problem is Dan probably didn't have a large net of back up plans which our guys like Peterson and Austin could communicate to the current staff. So, what has probably happened is we're going after guys on the back up lists of whatever schools our coaches were at before.

I'm encouraged if we kept all of our Mississippi recruits- that's a great start. I like the fact that even if we miss we have a plan. I also like how we have offered the top 100 prospects in the class of 2019 across the country.
    Great post and the right perspective!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Then you need to read some of the things his former players have said about him. He impresses EVERYONE. Young and old. He was at our high school recruiting a couple of weeks ago. My son met him and was blown away and so was the kid he was down here to see. My sons a baseball player and being recruited by some pretty good D1 baseball programs so he?s familiar with how coaches act. Normally they?re not interested in taking time with anyone other than the recruit but Joe did and didn?t get in a hurry. My son also had a run in with Saban last week. I?ll have to tell y?all that story later but Saban was an ass. All I?m saying relax a little give him a chance to make his plan work. If he fails we will have a new coach in a couple years.
    Post more. Excellent sir.

vCash
    You certainly know infinity more than me when it comes to recruiting, so I will take your word on it... do not remind me. Regardless though, this is shaping up to be a crash ending

ETA... now we did close with Simmons in 2016 who is our best player. There is no way we close with a Jeffrey Simmons this year
    How the hell have you forgotten the melt of Signing Day 2016? By 10:30 am I thought we were going to have reports of Elitedawg poster suicides it was so bad. Yeah, we got Simmons, but lost AJ, Raekwon Davis, Lashley, Knott, and at least 2 other last minute bombs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    How the hell have you forgotten the melt of Signing Day 2016? By 10:30 am I thought we were going to have reports of Elitedawg poster suicides it was so bad. Yeah, we got Simmons, but lost AJ, Raekwon Davis, Lashley, Knott, and at least 2 other last minute bombs.

1 to OM and 3 to bama. Losing kids to bama sucks, but easier to swallow than losing kids to ark. (Suck and swallow in the same sentence for statecoachingblows haha). Simmons eased some of that pain though. You are right though... that was a tough signing day

vCash
    So with what I gather from the thread, Smith is going to Bama for sure?? If so, somebody put him in touch with Lashley and Knott and see if they regret their decisions. I would have to think that going through all that hard work in a football program only to ride the bench must really suck. And if you have any aspirations to make the NFL, you have to at least get on the field somewhere.

vCash
    Anybody that thought Moorhead and co was just gonna come in here and mop up was fooling themselves, like I've said recruiting in the south is different than the B10. All of yall know that.

Its gonna take him and the staff some time to learn the game and how to play it, we're gonna lose some along the way but we will get some Ws too. We got what we needed this class its a solid group obviously the biggest misses being only signing 1 OL (at the moment) but we arent done yet. I will say this staff has made their committment to recruiting way more obvious than the last. The effort is there, good results usually follow great effort.

Keep Lovett and everyone will feel better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Anybody that thought Moorhead and co was just gonna come in here and mop up was fooling themselves, like I've said recruiting in the south is different than the B10. All of yall know that.

Its gonna take him and the staff some time to learn the game and how to play it, we're gonna lose some along the way but we will get some Ws too. We got what we needed this class its a solid group obviously the biggest misses being only signing 1 OL (at the moment) but we arent done yet. I will say this staff has made their committment to recruiting way more obvious than the last. The effort is there, good results usually follow great effort.

Mop up? Nobody was expecting that. Get SOMEBODY? Yea most of us were expecting that. Since mid-Dec we've lost verbals from Lovett, Mason and McDowell while receiving verbals from nobody. Also lost a few that seemed to be leaning to us initially. Like 7 said, if a salesman is out selling 20 hours a day but doesn't make any sales he's still not doing his job. I'm not going to form any permanent opinions until the 2019 class but this is an ominous start for this staff. My current big concern and the biggest red flag is that when kids take their official visits with us it doesn't seem to even be giving us a bump with them. Right now if do get Lovett back in the boat and go ahead and sign commitments Watson and Furdge that may be about all we can do. Also possibly get the OL from Starkville.

vCash

Great post! Look for this staff to get us in with some national recruits in the future. They plan hammering the best in our State but also looking at other places that we haven?t seen in the past. Look for us to get some OLs from the Midwest in the coming classes. It?s a new day for us. Just give it Time.

Again, great post , Bucky!

vCash
    I am less concerned with the numbers, because to some extent, there's nothing the new staff could do about it. More concerning is that they've lost head to head battles with Alabama, Tennessee, and Arkansas already in the regular signing period. (Particularly, going 0 for 3 so far against Arkansas!) One's an incident, two's a coincidence, but three's a pattern. I am hopeful that will change next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Great post! Look for this staff to get us in with some national recruits in the future. They plan hammering the best in our State but also looking at other places that we haven?t seen in the past. Look for us to get some OLs from the Midwest in the coming classes. It?s a new day for us. Just give it Time.

Again, great post , Bucky!
    I get the fact we want to expand recruiting wise, and Moorheads connections up north and midwest are def the reason why but we still need to make damn sure MS, LA, AL, and GA are our top priorities.

Its gonna take time and I've heard nothing but good so far but we havent made those connections yet down here, havent formed relationships with coaches and kids and that is what recruiting is.

Austin, Peterson, Gibson, and Hud have to be the guys for us in MS recruiting

vCash
    I get the fact we want to expand recruiting wise, and Moorheads connections up north and midwest are def the reason why but we still need to make damn sure MS, LA, AL, and GA are our top priorities.

Its gonna take time and I've heard nothing but good so far but we havent made those connections yet down here, havent formed relationships with coaches and kids and that is what recruiting is.

You?re spot on. He is gonna attack our region hard and that?s why you have seen him put together such an eclectic staff. We have guys that have had success recruiting nationally and guys that know recruiting in the South. I?ve heard some great things about his recruiting plans and what?s being put into motion. It?s a new era.

vCash

And T-Buck and Marcus Johnson. Maybe even Baker to an extent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And T-Buck and Marcus Johnson. Maybe even Baker to an extent.
    TBuck and Baker do a great job. I dont know anything about Johnson. I know he can coach though bc those kids at Duke play hard and are disciplined

vCash

Shoop was at Tenn and Vandy
    Fountain has been at auburn and Georgia
    Huff was at Vandy and before that Tenn state
    Only 3 coaches outside of CJM don’t have some ties to the south

I will bet anyone any amount of cash you want CJM will be get better reviews by high school coaches in Mississippi than Dan did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

I will bet anyone any amount of cash you want CJM will be get better reviews by high school coaches in Mississippi than Dan did.
    Well I can already attest to that. I have a close friend that works at Lafayette and he said that Moorhead was 10x cooler than Mullen ever was. He hasnt been here yet but Im looking forward to it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Yes he is will and it won?t be close.