Page 116 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You won't find guys recruited simply to return kicks. Not in the SEC and with scholarship limits like are in place now. I like the fact that OM is going to burn one on a KR. Let them be down a scholarship for that crap.
    Special teams is a third of the game. He could be on all of the special teams units such as punt coverage, kick coverage, returns, etc. That would be a bigger contribution than some of these late pickups will make. Steve Tasker was a pro bowler and he only played special teams. Also, we have room. There is now way we won't have attrition after the spring. I bet we end up at least 3 under the 85 number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Special teams is a third of the game. He could be on all of the special teams units such as punt coverage, kick coverage, returns, etc. That would be a bigger contribution than some of these late pickups will make. Steve Tasker was a pro bowler and he only played special teams. Also, we have room. There is now way we won't have attrition after the spring. I bet we end up at least 3 under the 85 number.
    If gonna reach on someone like this late, I'd rather go get Tony Brown from East Central.
    Last edited by shrimp; 02-02-2018 at 11:27 PM.

vCash
    I?m sure IYOK numbers are right if so it looks like we don?t have anymore schollies to offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I?m sure IYOK numbers are right if so it looks like we don?t have anymore schollies to offer.
    Thats fine if we have no room. But hes worth an offer, anybody that doesnt think so go watch the tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Thats fine if we have no room. But hes worth an offer, anybody that doesnt think so go watch the tape
    I thought we had more room, but it looks like we out of space. I agree with you the kid looks like a baller, small or not. Heck we ran Holloway out there. I admire Holloway, we asked him to do some things better suited for bigger backs but that young man was tough as nails and made plays for us. I have an affinity for the little guys myself.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We'll just agree to disagree.

vCash
    So what’s the true eval on Reed? What can he be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    So what’s the true eval on Reed? What can he be?
    His video looks good, he seems to be physical in run support and in coverage, has good speed and decent size. Hard to trust videos because they only give you the best plays. Hopefully somebody that has seen him play in person or studied him more can give us some more info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don?t know the answer to this question and maybe you or someone else can answer. Can we sign enough that would put us over the 85 scholly limit and adjust before the fall or do you have to just stay at 85 or below at all times? Thanks
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 02-02-2018 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    I don?t know the answer to this question and maybe you or someone else can answer. Can we sign enough that would put us over the 85 scholly limit and adjust before the fall or do you have to just stay at 85 or below at all times? Thanks
    Pretty sure the scholarships don't count until they're enrolled and on scholarship. So if you don't have more than 85 players between those on scholarship in the spring (withtveligibility remianig) and signees, you're usually not going to have 85 scholarship players in the fall.

vCash

The NCAA rule says you can not have over 85 players on scholarship. So as long as they aren't enrolled, then they shouldn't be counted toward the 85 limit. If you have attrition during the year, the only way you can make up for those losses is through transfers from other schools, or you could give a walk-on player a scholarship, after his second year (I believe this is still in effect). These two options would not count against the up to the 25 max that you can sign each year.

vCash
    I wish we could have flexed our SEC muscle a bit and tried to sway some kids from other programs to at least visit, even if it was La Tech, Central Michigan, Wake Forrest types. With the early signing period there may not have been much left there to choose from, I don't know.

Time is going to tell. We can discuss it to death after signing day and we see what we ended up with. I still think we may save 1-2 schollies for a transfer or two.

vCash
    You can dismiss it if you want, those were big time recruits from Alabama he was beating up on and I've seen him for 4 years he was just as good as Murphy was for West Point and folks on here say he should be a 5 star. I find that funny
    I have not seen this kid, but he is gushed over on this board. With all the high praise from everyone on here and the special teams idea of hoops, you guys have sold me on taking a chance. If we are gonna reach, reach on a kid that was a difference maker in HS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I have not seen this kid, but he is gushed over on this board. With all the high praise from everyone on here and the special teams idea of hoops, you guys have sold me on taking a chance. If we are gonna reach, reach on a kid that was a difference maker in HS
    I don't know, this staff has certainly taken a look at him by now and if they decide he's not SEC worthy vs the names that do pop up as targets, I think you have to trust their evaluation of the kid. HS ball is very different than college... he may dominate in HS because he's already near his ceiling as far as speed/strength/fundamentals go, but once those other guys have time to catch up in those areas he'd be behind them. Like I say I don't know but you have to say that if we've missed on so many recruits and this staff still doesn't want him, then he's probably not a SEC player

vCash
    Latest on Robinson?

Checking out his profile, I see he is a .79 rated player. He is still the 6th best player in his state. The state of Kansas has 1 composite 4*. That is crazy to me. What Kansas state has accomplished is really impressive with that lack of in-state HS talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Latest on Robinson?

Checking out his profile, I see he is a .79 rated player. He is still the 6th best player in his state. The state of Kansas has 1 composite 4*. That is crazy to me. What Kansas state has accomplished is really impressive with that lack of in-state HS talent
    They have done it with Jucos. Heavy into them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    The NCAA rule says you can not have over 85 players on scholarship. So as long as they aren't enrolled, then they shouldn't be counted toward the 85 limit. If you have attrition during the year, the only way you can make up for those losses is through transfers from other schools, or you could give a walk-on player a scholarship, after his second year (I believe this is still in effect). These two options would not count against the up to the 25 max that you can sign each year.
    Appreciate that. Very succinct. Thank you!

vCash
    Appreciate that. Very succinct. Thank you!

You're welcome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think Luke is more concerned right now on trying to get players signed next Wednesday, than orchestrating some type of hat circus, like I'm pretty sure that Freeze initiated. Luke may have been involved in one or so during Freeze's tenure as HC, but I think those were instigated by Freeze. Of course you never know what that bunch will do.
    Agreed

vCash
    So I was just dabbling around the 24/7 rankings and while i know each coaching staff makes their own evaluations, i just find it a bit baffling, we couldn't even get a sniff out of some of these guys while some other similar situated (and sometimes worse) could at least get them in for a visit:

https://247sports.com/Player/JaKorey-Hawkins-88559

https://247sports.com/Player/Kendrick-Torain-91834

https://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Lewis-46039669

https://247sports.com/Player/Ken-Montgomery-Jr-87162

https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Ezeudu-46036695

https://247sports.com/Player/Taiyon-Palmer-75803

https://247sports.com/Player/Dylan-Wonnum-86643

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Johnson-86180

https://247sports.com/Player/Tank-Jenkins-80809

i know on tank he wasn't receptive earlier but OM managed to get a visit and he takes talks from A&M