Page 116 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    don't we have 2 JUCO O-linemen red shirtted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    don't we have 2 JUCO O-linemen red shirtted?
    Yes. Phillips and champion

vCash
    I imagine we will try to get into play for some quality transfers. That?s our best bet right now.

Find someone that our staff pence thought was good that is a bit buried on a depth chart

vCash
    We had 2 OL from last year that we signed and placed,in Juco,Josh Cooper(from Daks old HS) and Montravious Richardson. Anyone have a clue if we are still on them or their progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'm not sure, I just don't want to sign a guy unless we think he can really help us, and usually if you haven't offered a guy before February, you have decided he can't help you.

The focus now needs to be locking up Lovett (I'm being told its done) and beating out Bama/UT for Smith, by the way - I'm hearing we are getting him so there is that. Then turn the page to 2019 and get some OL here in a hurry.
    If we are going to go into fall with 85 scholarship players, that's fine. But if not, we can't just lose scholarships. Even if it's a long shot, we need to use our scholarships. If we got lucky and got a solid contributor that would make balancing our OL roster much easier going forward.

vCash
    Doesn't sound like the new staff is too high on either of them. Probably just a watch and follow situation for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We had 2 OL from last year that we signed and placed,in Juco,Josh Cooper(from Daks old HS) and Montravious Richardson. Anyone have a clue if we are still on them or their progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    Doesn't sound like the new staff is too high on either of them. Probably just a watch and follow situation for now.
    I was thinking same thing, just hadn?t heard any word on them. I know they would probably be December entry?s at the earliest.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    If we are going to go into fall with 85 scholarship players, that's fine. But if not, we can't just lose scholarships. Even if it's a long shot, we need to use our scholarships. If we got lucky and got a solid contributor that would make balancing our OL roster much easier going forward.
    So it's a use it or lose it? No carry over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Loving to be wrong means you don't have the facts.
    Told you there was something up with Sampson.

But me and shotgun will take that room now, I want it filled with bud light and beautiful women

vCash
    Well **** ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I was thinking same thing, just hadn?t heard any word on them. I know they would probably be December entry?s at the earliest.
    From what I understand, Richardson is solid, Cooper not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'm not sure, I just don't want to sign a guy unless we think he can really help us, and usually if you haven't offered a guy before February, you have decided he can't help you.

The focus now needs to be locking up Lovett (I'm being told its done) and beating out Bama/UT for Smith, by the way - I'm hearing we are getting him so there is that. Then turn the page to 2019 and get some OL here in a hurry.
    Smith has cut UT, so it?s us... unless Bama misses on a couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Smith has cut UT, so it?s us... unless Bama misses on a couple.
    Looks like he prob cut us as well. Not matter what happens with Bama other targets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well **** ....
    Uh oh... can it get worse???

ETA... Yep, that’s worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Thanks, Appreciate that info. Richardson is a monster hope he develops and gets in. We could use him.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-31-2018 at 07:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Richardson redshirted at Mississippi Delta CC. That's pretty worriesome.

Honestly, we would probably be better off going after JUCO's or grad transfers than taking them back.

vCash
    Spill what you’ve heard before we see MSState7’s cut and paste response on JoMo’s recruiting abilities. Eddie’s Twitter says he’s taking a break from social media...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    So it's a use it or lose it? No carry over?
    Starting next year. No oversigning. And since we can't carry over scholarships if we undersign it basically is in effect this year as well.

So, every spot in the 25 is very important- and it's probably best to use those spots and then process down the road as necessary.

vCash
    Thanks, Appreciate that info. Richardson is a mobster hope he develops and gets in. We could use him.

This! Had high hopes for his development and contribution...
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 01-31-2018 at 07:15 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We'll sign a couple guys on signing day but it's not about to be what everyone wants. This staff needs to have a good 2019 class. They'll have a full year to work with so no excuses.