Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Sampson is out, we’re moving on.
    On to what? Joey Trapp 2.0?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I don't know, could Noah Ellis move to OL if we can get him in? Pretty sad that M Johnson came in here as an OL coach from another P5 school and he apparently can't pull one OL recruit? He may be a better coach but Looney would have recruited better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I guess 2019.

vCash
    What off field issues are we dropping Sampson for? I know there's a line but damn it must be pretty bad if we're not going after him anymore. We're desperate

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    What off field issues are we dropping Sampson for? I know there's a line but damn it must be pretty bad if we're not going after him anymore. We're desperate
    Something just didn't seem right with us landing a high rated recruit form Detroit. Kinda like a too good to be true deal unless had some connections down here.

vCash
    Look - I heard a week ago that there were problems with Sampson but I didn't post on the board, there is a reason that his only official visit has been with Western Michigan and that every school that goes after him has immediately dropped him.

Personally I think it is a good sign that we don't feel the need to sign a guy that apparently has some 'red flags' just because he is a 4 star/All American player and sign him for the rankings alone. I know of at least 3 bear coaches that would sign him based of his 4 star status alone.

vCash
    OM didn't take him either. So it's got to be worse that ramming something up a kids arse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Look - I heard a week ago that there were problems with Sampson but I didn't post on the board, there is a reason that his only official visit has been with Western Michigan and that every school that goes after him has immediately dropped him.

Personally I think it is a good sign that we don't feel the need to sign a guy that apparently has some 'red flags' just because he is a 4 star/All American player and sign him for the rankings alone. I know of at least 3 bear coaches that would sign him based of his 4 star status alone.
    Well yeah that is my question. Can you spill?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    OM didn't take him either. So it's got to be worse that ramming something up a kids arse.
    LOL

vCash
    Well yeah that is my question. Can you spill?
    We're not signing him and we are pretty desperate on the OL and the kid has talent, so I think its safe to say he his issues are serious, no reason to just post rumors. We are moving on.

vCash
    God almighty..a one OL sign looks to be a foregone conclusion. We recruit like Northwestern St. in the month of January it seems. If it hadn't been for the early signing period, I'd hate to even imagine what things would have been like by now. I just don't understand it.

vCash
    Maybe we should put ad in The Reflector- "Offensive Linemen needed for football team. Please contact coach Marcus Johnson".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    God almighty..a one OL sign looks to be a foregone conclusion. We recruit like Northwestern St. in the month of January it seems. If it hadn't been for the early signing period, I'd hate to even imagine what things would have been like by now. I just don't understand it.
    Chill dude... we killin it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we sign him, what will the board opinion be? Ark took winkel, who everyone said was bad so no loss. If we turn around and sign an ark olineman with only a se Missouri st offer, will he be the diamond of this class that everyone overlooked?
    I think at this point we have to roll the dice. We aren't going to use our scholarships otherwise to my knowledge, so might as well take a risk on the best OL we can get to commit. Plenty of overlooked OL so we can't just pass on using scholarships.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Anybody know the status of Jake Hardage, OL form Arky? He could be the next one on the list.
    He's not on the board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He's not on the board
    well....the next obvious question is 'who is' and is available talent meaningful?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    well....the next obvious question is 'who is' and is available talent meaningful?
    At this point I’d rather just focus on December juco OL then waste a spot on a guy this far down our list unless something just breaks.

Banned
    vCash
    At this point I’d rather just focus on December juco OL then waste a spot on a guy this far down our list unless something just breaks.
    Agree. No Joey trapps.

vCash
    I thought we can no longer count December signees back to February, but that they would instead count against the Feb. 2019 25 schollies. Does that not start until next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I thought we can no longer count December signees back to February, but that they would instead count against the Feb. 2019 25 schollies. Does that not start until next year?
    I'm not sure, I just don't want to sign a guy unless we think he can really help us, and usually if you haven't offered a guy before February, you have decided he can't help you.

The focus now needs to be locking up Lovett (I'm being told its done) and beating out Bama/UT for Smith, by the way - I'm hearing we are getting him so there is that. Then turn the page to 2019 and get some OL here in a hurry.
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 01-31-2018 at 03:54 PM.