Page 114 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    That' sucks.
    It might suck, but based on what I’ve seen from Moorhead thus far, I don’t see that ever happening again. Moorhead is good and I think he’s going to do some really good things for our recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It might suck, but based on what I’ve seen from Moorhead thus far, I don’t see that ever happening again. Moorhead is good and I think he’s going to do some really good things for our recruiting.
    Based on what? I am very much a supporter of Moorhead. I think he will do great this year... I expect us to be really good on both sides of the ball. My only concern is our outlook after this season. We are losing a ton. We are getting thin on both lines, and we are not getting the numbers there we really need this cycle. The sec West is getting tougher. aTm really upgraded their HC and I think ark has too. OM will go balls to the wall again soon in recruiting. Auburn, bama, and LSU will always outrecruit us. Players will be as hard as ever to sign next season for us. I am not saying Moorhead will struggle to recruit here long term, but he has not shown enough to say he will flourish at all.

Everyone will say I am anti-Moorhead, but it is not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If it's Dolla Bill and Tyrone Sampson, I can live with that.
    If that's the case, We pretty much cannot afford for Suggs, dolls bill, or Sampson to be busts or get hurt. Unbelievable that we have followed up last year with this year. We better be finding some OL next year that like the idea of virtually guaranteed playing time.

Banned
    vCash
    Don't wanna see any last minute Joey trapps either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Don't wanna see any last minute Joey trapps either.
    You don't make that decision

vCash
    Robinson is scheduled to visit Nebraska today. Anyone know how the Nebraska people feel about locking him up on this visit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Based on what? I am very much a supporter of Moorhead. I think he will do great this year... I expect us to be really good on both sides of the ball. My only concern is our outlook after this season. We are losing a ton. We are getting thin on both lines, and we are not getting the numbers there we really need this cycle. The sec West is getting tougher. aTm really upgraded their HC and I think ark has too. OM will go balls to the wall again soon in recruiting. Auburn, bama, and LSU will always outrecruit us. Players will be as hard as ever to sign next season for us. I am not saying Moorhead will struggle to recruit here long term, but he has not shown enough to say he will flourish at all.

Ah.... the melt.....

vCash

He at least appears to have back up plans. That's progress because Dan rarely did. He would just roll the scholarship to next year and what he essentially did was put us on probation.

And again- Moorhead has kept most if not all the in state recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Ah.... the melt.....
    So, you have nothing. Quickest way to show it is immediately say he is melting. Which point do you disagree with?

ETA... I am not saying Moorhead is gonna be bad recruiting. The jury is very much out. If someone has info that shows he will be a killer on the trail, I want to hear it. I wanna believe - x files
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-31-2018 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He at least appears to have back up plans. That's progress because Dan rarely did. He would just roll the scholarship to next year and what he essentially did was put us on probation.

And again- Moorhead has kept most if not all the in state recruits.
    I like that we got in the game with 2 olinemen late. Homedawg says do not count on Sampson though, and homedawg knows his stuff. Robinson is wanted by Nebraska, so hopefully we get him and he is not a total reach

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You don't make that decision
    No shit dick tracy.

vCash
    Sampson is out, we’re moving on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Sampson is out, we?re moving on.
    Looking more like a OL class of uno.....not good, we'll have to play catch up next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Sampson is out, we’re moving on.
    Where he going?

vCash
    So, you have nothing. Quickest way to show it is immediately say he is melting. Which point do you disagree with?

ETA... I am not saying Moorhead is gonna be bad recruiting. The jury is very much out. If someone has info that shows he will be a killer on the trail, I want to hear it. I wanna believe - x files
    Lighten up Francis. I'll echo what Todd said - It's become apparent quickly that Joe not only has back up plans, he has back up plans for the back up plans. It's unfortunate that none of them have panned out yet, but he is still out there taking swings and trying to fill the class with quality guys. How many times in the past 3 pages on this thread have you said "wow, had no idea we were in on that guy?" or something similar.

Dan and Hev would not be beating the bushes looking for kids to fill their needs now. They would have shrugged their shoulders and said something about relentless effort.

vCash
    Robinson is likely headed to Neb. No inside info, just geography. If Jones wants to sign with us still, he's going to get his shot it appears. He's a project but so was our new LT. Johnson is going to have to earn his pay and Moorhead is going to have to sign a gazillion OL next year. Hev really screwed us over in a couple different ways.
    I hope he and Gonzo enjoy spooning on road trips this year.

vCash
    Anybody know the status of Jake Hardage, OL form Arky? He could be the next one on the list.

vCash
    Where he going?
    Our decision to move on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Anybody know the status of Jake Hardage, OL form Arky? He could be the next one on the list.
    If we sign him, what will the board opinion be? Ark took winkel, who everyone said was bad so no loss. If we turn around and sign an ark olineman with only a se Missouri st offer, will he be the diamond of this class that everyone overlooked?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Our decision to move on
    I assume off field issues. Makes you wonder why we even wasted time bc apparently everyone already knew this or he would be a target for most everyone