Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I will take your word on whether they are difference makers or not. I do know we wanted them, and ark took them from us... no sugar coating that
    I guess so. We are going to run a lot of 4-2-5 so I don't know where Brule fits. He's kind of a tweener and UGA only offered a grayshirt. Myles Mason was not wanted by AU or Bama and in today's game you need safeties that can cover. We should be fine with guys like Marcus Murphy on the roster.

Winkel was needed b/c he was the highest rated OT on our board and we need bodies. But I personally never viewed him as someone that would start for us. He would have been an afterthought if he would have signed early. Arkansas has a really shitty signing class. They were desperate for some numbers so kudos to them for doing the best they can with what's left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I guess so. We are going to run a lot of 4-2-5 so I don't know where Brule fits. He's kind of a tweener and UGA only offered a grayshirt. Myles Mason was not wanted by AU or Bama and in today's game you need safeties that can cover. We should be fine with guys like Marcus Murphy on the roster.

Winkel was needed b/c he was the highest rated OT on our board and we need bodies. But I personally never viewed him as someone that would start for us. He would have been an afterthought if he would have signed early. Arkansas has a really shitty signing class. They were desperate for some numbers so kudos to them for doing the best they can with what's left.
    Good analysis all the way around. I agree. I think Marcus is gonna be an elite corner one day. I think
    Furdge has potential too. If we get Sampson and another OL I think we ok there. I think this class is gonna turn out pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

I just despise losing kids to other sec west programs. If we kept those guys, then our depth is better and ark is worse... win/win. I know we did not just lose any Jeffrey Simmons or will redmonds. We will be fine, but losing guys is never a good thing

vCash
    I thought the intent of this thread was to furnish legitimate recruiting information, and not for a few posters to post "the Sky is falling in our recruiting" posts like this board has been over run with lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I thought the intent of this thread was to furnish legitimate recruiting information, and not for a few posters to post "the Sky is falling in our recruiting" posts like this board has been over run with lately.
    I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss recruiting.

Yay, we lost another one to ark! High 5!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss recruiting.

Yay, we lost another one to ark! High 5!
    Im with you if we dont sign someone to replace him, but I think we will

vCash
    Apparently the intent has become to downplay the abilities of any recruit we get beat out on. Bottom line is, we were already signing a small class to begin with so we need to sign all SEC quality players with who we do get. I think we signed 15 good ones in December but we still need another 5-6 quality players minimum that will qualify to complete this class. Right now the new staff seems to be having trouble nailing down the final prospects to fill this class out with guys high on our boards. Never thought it would be Arkansas stopping us from finishing out this class like we want. Their program has been really crappy lately and the school is basically located all the way to northern Oklahoma. Just glad we didn't need a full 25 man class this year or we would be in a bad way.

vCash
    Everyone chill a little on Brule. Let’s let our staff get there tomorrow and see what happens.
    A lot of this noise may be Arky trying to pressure a commit before CJM and the staff gets there tomorrow.
    Saying that yeah we have a fire to put out.. let’s just chill the **** out a little and see what happens

vCash
    Chad Morris is no scrub just letting yall know. He is a proven recruiter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Everyone chill a little on Brule. Let’s let our staff get there tomorrow and see what happens.
    A lot of this noise may be Arky trying to pressure a commit before CJM and the staff gets there tomorrow.
    Saying that yeah we have a fire to put out.. let’s just chill the **** out a little and see what happens
    We got some posters on here that push the panic button way to quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Looks like Brule may not visit this weekend and will be committing to Arkansas tonight.

We are about to be 0-4 against the worst program in the SEC West this recruiting cycle.

Go figure.
    Maybe he googled pictures of Starkville. Or realized MSU will be back in the basement of the west now that Mullen is gone.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Chad Morris is no scrub just letting yall know. He is a proven recruiter
    Yeah, I hope this staff is legit with their recruiting reputations because the SEC has only gotten better with high level recruiters and more importantly, evaluators. Adding Jimbo and Morris to the West are bad news for MSU and OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Root hawg View Post
    Maybe he googled pictures of Starkville. Or realized MSU will be back in the basement of the west now that Mullen is gone.
    Enjoy your time here, it won't be long.

Also, 11-29 in the SEC the last five years doesn't even merit a snappy response, just pity.

Good luck to y'all. Maybe some of these guys we offered late will help y'all be competitive in the bottom half of the SEC West.

vCash
    You really took the time to sign up on this board to post that drivel? Has Arkansas not figured out this internet thingy to give you a place to post? Hopefully you won't last long enough for a 2nd post.

vCash

Thank you so very much for this enlightening and very knowledgeable post, and such a great addition to the recruiting thread. ****
    Did you actually get your degree from the University of ARK (could be OM? ), or are you still waiting to get out of high school?

vCash
    Thank you so very much for this enlightening and very knowledgeable post, and such a great addition to the recruiting thread. ****
    Did you actually get your degree from the University of ARK (could be OM? ), or are you still waiting to get out of high school?
    I would bet OM troll

vCash
    Nebraska has offered Jalan Robinson out of Kansas, not sure where he visits this weekend.

Looks like he visits Nebraska Wed-Fri and then us.
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 01-29-2018 at 11:45 PM.

vCash
    Moorhead's offense will keep the Arky's of the world snapping at our heels.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Nebraska has offered Jalan Robinson out of Kansas, not sure where he visits this weekend.
    Suppose to visit Nebraska Wed-Thurs & MSU the weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    On his 247 page, it says he will visit Nebraska Jan 31st and us this weekend. Who knows though?