Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It's mostly about scheme bro. It's not like we're gonna fall off the earth in recruiting. We will have a highly productive offense as long as CJM has athletes.
    Defense is about talent, not scheme, bro.

You can’t scheme your way around not having talent on defense. Schemes can hide deficiencies on offense, but we have been running Mullen’s system for almost a decade, there will be an adjustment, and we will need talented players to compete for the West.

Talent > over scheme all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It's mostly about scheme bro. It's not like we're gonna fall off the earth in recruiting. We will have a highly productive offense as long as CJM has athletes.
    So bama has the best scheme every year no matter the coordinator? then you end w saying as long as he has athletes? which is it in your mind? You lost me. And you better have good players first, then scheme, then coach em up, in that order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So bama has the best scheme every year no matter the coordinator? then you end w saying as long as he has athletes? which is it in your mind? You lost me. And you better have good players first, then scheme, then coach em up, in that order.
    Damn man, you don't follow either. There are plenty of athletes that can run this offense and not all are going to be 4 star ranked players. This isn't Mullen's offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    "In the end, I believe Moorhead is going to win regardless of how we recruit."

This is the most wrong thing I have ever read on here, and that is saying something. If he doesn't recruit well, we will get our teeth kicked in. We play in the SEC, and the reason we have a good team next year is two reasons. Mullen and Hev for all their faults were good at developing an OL that could run Mullen's system. Next year's OL is a bunch of 3 stars that are going to kick ass and take names.

Our defense is littered with 4 star players all over the damn field. SImmons was a five star, Peters 5 star, Leo Lewis 4/5 star, Gerri Green 4 star, Spencer 4 star, Sweat 4 star, Cory Thomas 4 star. What players are we hoping make an impact on offense next year? Heath 4/5 star, Guidry 4 star.

Lets be clear, if Coach doesn't recruit well, he will lose. Anyone saying otherwise is just wrong. Also, when you have a MS class like 2019, I don't want to hear shit like "Coach doesn't need to recruit well, he will just coach em up". I'm sure he expects to recruit well next year, and we as fans should expect that as well.

I'm not sure why the board is so sensitive when a few posters get upset when we lose out on a recruit. That is normal, that shows that fans care. You know who doesn't care about recruiting? Fans of teams that don't compete for shit. Bama fans are freaking the **** out over a class that is outside the top 5. That is a good thing. Saban apparently is not happy with how recruiting is going and is going to make staff changes after signing day. That is what elite programs do.

Its ok to be pissed that we are not closing well, because in 2019 and 2020 if we are struggling on the field and are wasting KT's talent, its going to be because of misses in this year's recruiting class. That is why we end up winning 7-8 instead of 9-10.
    I didn't realize we'd lost a bunch of 4 and 5 star players. This class is Mullen's class. Both the hits and misses are his. Now, our new guys didn't bring anybody new into the conversation, but they haven't lost a bunch of high-end rated players either.

vCash
    Our defense is littered with 4 star players all over the damn field. SImmons was a five star, Peters 5 star, Leo Lewis 4/5 star, Gerri Green 4 star, Spencer 4 star, Sweat 4 star, Cory Thomas 4 star. What players are we hoping make an impact on offense next year? Heath 4/5 star, Guidry 4 star.
    Well by this recruiting scale we’ll sign 8 possibly 9 4* players this year. So i’m not going to have a meltdown. If you’re putting the negatives of this class on this staff then you’d have to put all the positives on them too. They covered our most needed position to give us a real shot at 2018. I agree that recruiting is the cornerstone of a program but I’ll wait to see what the staff can do with a clean slate in 2019 and hopefully after a great season before I go asking for heads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    Well by this recruiting scale we’ll sign 8 possibly 9 4* players this year. So i’m not going to have a meltdown. If you’re putting the negatives of this class on this staff then you’d have to put all the positives on them too. They covered our most needed position to give us a real shot at 2018. I agree that recruiting is the cornerstone of a program but I’ll wait to see what the staff can do with a clean slate in 2019 and hopefully after a great season before I go asking for heads
    Sounds good to me. I was just pointing out that saying a coach was going to win regardless of how he recruits is a terrible thought.

vCash
    Sounds good to me. I was just pointing out that saying a coach was going to win regardless of how he recruits is a terrible thought.
    Well you are gonna be surprised.

vCash
    Late losses:

Winkel: 84 - 3 star
    McDowell: 83 - 3 star
    Mason: 88- 3 star
    Bishop: 87- 3 star
    Smith: 88- 3 star

Late targets we've got a good shot at:

Lovett: 88- 3 star
    Watson: 86- 3 star
    Brule: 88- 3 star
    Reed: 85- 3 star
    Young: 85- 3 star

vCash
    Yeah, put the melters in their place "cooterpoot"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Late losses:

Winkel: 84 - 3 star (lost to ark)
    McDowell: 83 - 3 star (lost to Florida)
    Mason: 88- 3 star (lost to ark)
    Bishop: 87- 3 star (lost to ark)
    Smith: 88- 3 star (lost to bama)

Late targets we've got a good shot at:

Lovett: 88- 3 star (beat OM and Florida - good get)
    Watson: 86- 3 star (auburn only other visit, but no offer)
    Brule: 88- 3 star (beat ark, tcu, GT, and Oklahoma state if we get him - good get)
    Reed: 85- 3 star (beat Memphis after previously dropping him)
    Young: 85- 3 star (not sure who this is)
    What about frudge?

If we get your list, we will have gone 2-5 vs sec programs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What about frudge?

Furdge: 86- 3 star
    Robinson: 80- 3 star (don't know if he's been fully evaluated though)

vCash
    What about frudge?

With one vs Bama that we will never win. That makes 2-4 realistically. 1 to FL that well lose every time. That makes 2-3 realistically. Honestly, we lost Winkel. Bishop's dream school was Arkansas. Mason had a punkass coach get involved.
    Plus, we basically dropped Winkel and Brule, so they've got incentive to tell us to suck it. So does Reed as far as that goes.
    Other than Bishop, I really don't see bad losses here. None of them are much different.
    I get the fact that we need OL and CBs in a bad way. I get that some of you might be "embarrassed" because you think your team should get these kids. But in reality, it's not that big a difference in what we're getting and losing IF we get the targets we've got out there. Other than the new guys not really bringing new players to the table, I just don't really care. Smith and Bishop would've been nice. The OL guys though, there's no difference to me. We just need to get the ones out there now.

vCash
    With one vs Bama that we will never win. That makes 2-4 realistically. 1 to FL that well lose every time. That makes 2-3 realistically. Honestly, we lost Winkel. Bishop's dream school was Arkansas. Mason had a punkass coach get involved.
    Plus, we basically dropped Winkel and Brule, so they've got incentive to tell us to suck it. So does Reed as far as that goes.
    Other than Bishop, I really don't see bad losses here. None of them are much different.
    I get the fact that we need OL and CBs in a bad way. I get that some of you might be "embarrassed" because you think your team should get these kids. But in reality, it's not that big a difference in what we're getting and losing IF we get the targets we've got out there. Other than the new guys not really bringing new players to the table, I just don't really care. Smith and Bishop would've been nice. The OL guys though, there's no difference to me. We just need to get the ones out there now.
    Man, I didn't realize you were the type of poster to spin this much. We are having a bad run and it's ok to admit it. And I don't think it's indicative of the type of recruiters this staff can be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Man, I didn't realize you were the type of poster to spin this much. We are having a bad run and it's ok to admit it. And I don't think it's indicative of the type of recruiters this staff can be.
    There's no spin. Notice I said I was unhappy the coaches didn't bring in some new names. But other than a couple of guys, there's little difference in what we're getting (assuming we finish with the guys left). This wasn't a super year in state either. Next year is the big year in state with a lot of highly rated guys. Had Mullen stayed, we'd have kept McDowell and maybe the kicker, but that's about it. Only disappointment I can find is that our new coaches couldn't come up with new names to plug in better. But Mullen's net was so small, he left no margin for error with recruiting too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    Carvin to tenn is another loss

vCash
    Carvin to tenn is another loss
    Carvin hurt. No doubt. But again, dream school. You aren't beating out dream schools.

vCash
    So, maybe I missed it, but is Smith a definite to Bama? Or is everyone just assuming he is going to Bama since he posted a video of Saban dancing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    So, maybe I missed it, but is Smith a definite to Bama? Or is everyone just assuming he is going to Bama since he posted a video of Saban dancing?
    He's Bama bound. Saban ****ed us.

vCash
    Carvin hurt. No doubt. But again, dream school. You aren't beating out dream schools.
    Funny how that works against us so often, yet for us so rarely. What connections to TN did Carvin have? He's from Memphis, so is geographically closer to us, OM, Arky, Bama, and Vandy than he is to TN. At one point he seemed higher on us Arky and Bama than TN. Pruitt took till signing day to swing him, so it's not like Bishop who flipped just as soon as the Arky staff showed him they weren't a trainwreck. What family ties does Carvin have to TN? he use to live there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Funny how that works against us so often, yet for us so rarely. What connections to TN did Carvin have? He's from Memphis, so is geographically closer to us, OM, Arky, Bama, and Vandy than he is to TN. At one point he seemed higher on us Arky and Bama than TN. Pruitt took till signing day to swing him, so it's not like Bishop who flipped just as soon as the Arky staff showed him they weren't a trainwreck. What family ties does Carvin have to TN? he use to live there?

I believe he grew up a Vol fan. It really doesn't matter though. He was going to go to TN if he got that offer.