Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Check this guy out. Just offered.
    http://www.hudl.com/v/1qkfA7
    Hot dang !! That kid's got a second gear when he hits the second level, and then a third gear once he clears traffic.
    And he is VERY STRONG in the lower body. He has really good hips as well, and his lateral quickness is really really good, as is his ability to hit the small seams and side step initial contact at the LB level, but still has considerable strength to plow through initial contact. Great field vision.
    I want that kid on our team.

vCash
    Willie Allen just announced he's transferring from LSU.

So sick of losing recruiting battles to them for players that end up transferring out. Seems ridiculous
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Willie Allen just announced he's transferring from LSU.

So sick of losing recruiting battles to them for players that end up transferring out. Seems ridiculous
    We weren't the runner up.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We weren't the runner up.
    were we even top 5?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    were we even top 5?
    Yea you could probably say that.

vCash
    Do we have a shot at CB Jayson Reed from Olive Branch since he decommitted from Tennessee?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    Do we have a shot at CB Jayson Reed from Olive Branch since he decommitted from Tennessee?
    I may be way off on this. But I think that he might be the guy that Freeze was Yahtzeeing about last night. Just seems odd Freeze was celebrating a secret commit and then we hear that Reed decommitted from Tenn. Like I said, I may be way off on that.

vCash
    MSSTATE7, you seem to keep a close eye on CB's - I just started paying attention to them - so I have a question. Does every player get CB'd to Ole Miss? I mean I scrolled through the newest CB's section and it seemed like 75% had an Ole Miss logo on it. I have zero faith in it, I am just curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    MSSTATE7, you seem to keep a close eye on CB's - I just started paying attention to them - so I have a question. Does every player get CB'd to Ole Miss? I mean I scrolled through the newest CB's section and it seemed like 75% had an Ole Miss logo on it. I have zero faith in it, I am just curious.
    Nah, they've just started getting a few lately. David and his minion CB a lot of their targets to OM though

vCash
    Not c/o '18 - but we just offered Harrison Bailey, rising Sophomore (class of '20), from Marietta High School in GA. Watch this kid. He broke a number of Eric Zeier's single season records as a Freshman, and has a chance to be a 5* stud. 6'4" 215
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 06-07-2017 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Uh, if you can fog a mirror you can get into grad school at State. I'm living proof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Not c/o '18 - but we just offered Harrison Bailey, rising Sophomore (class of '20), from Marietta High School in GA. Watch this kid. He broke a number of Eric Zeier's single season records as a Freshman, and has a chance to be a 5* stud. 6'4" 215
    He absolutely will be a 5-star stud. I'm glad we offered...but we're likely not getting that kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He absolutely will be a 5-star stud. I'm glad we offered...but we're likely not getting that kid.
    By the time he signs, we could have Dak and Fitz in the League, with Key or Mayden as the next "Mullen Prodigy" about to go pro. That could speak volumes.... However, you are right, kid seems a little more Pro-style then what we are going after. I do like to brag when kids from my alma mater are being recruited - Blue Devil pride. Smoot are you still in the Cobb area?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    By the time he signs, we could have Dak and Fitz in the League, with Key or Mayden as the next "Mullen Prodigy" about to go pro. That could speak volumes.... However, you are right, kid seems a little more Pro-style then what we are going after. I do like to brag when kids from my alma mater are being recruited - Blue Devil pride. Smoot are you still in the Cobb area?
    I am indeed. I plan to get out and see Justin Fields some this year and want to see Bailey as well. Fields' stock has gone through the roof. I saw him play at an all-star week this past winter, and he looked legit.

vCash
    Talked with a coach few months ago asked him about KT.
    First words out of his mouth was Pro..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Talked with a coach few months ago asked him about KT.
    First words out of his mouth was Pro..
    I already predicted he was starting at least one game this year not due to Fitz injury or suspension. If Fitz doesn't make a big jump he will be in a QB battle his SR year

vCash
    Being reported on PJs board that Cameron Gardner tested off the charts this morning and ran a 4.4...anybody else hearing this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Being reported on PJs board that Cameron Gardner tested off the charts this morning and ran a 4.4...anybody else hearing this?
    Steve reported the same about Gardner. Although, he did say that is what the kid told him - he didnt see the actual time. Still, anything close to that and it is awesome.

Also, this has to be a mistake - what in the hell is Hev thinking?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Wait... he's expected to be a TE, correct? If so and he runs that fast, he's probably gonna blow up in the ratings

vCash
    Anybody know who this Coleton Beck kid is RB out of VA?? Supposedly according to twitter he ran a 4.29-4.3 40??