Page 107 of 137 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I get the fact we want to expand recruiting wise, and Moorheads connections up north and midwest are def the reason why but we still need to make damn sure MS, LA, AL, and GA are our top priorities.

Its gonna take time and I've heard nothing but good so far but we havent made those connections yet down here, havent formed relationships with coaches and kids and that is what recruiting is.

Austin, Peterson, Gibson, and Hud have to be the guys for us in MS recruiting
    And T-Buck and Marcus Johnson. Maybe even Baker to an extent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And T-Buck and Marcus Johnson. Maybe even Baker to an extent.
    TBuck and Baker do a great job. I dont know anything about Johnson. I know he can coach though bc those kids at Duke play hard and are disciplined

vCash
    I get the fact we want to expand recruiting wise, and Moorheads connections up north and midwest are def the reason why but we still need to make damn sure MS, LA, AL, and GA are our top priorities.

Its gonna take time and I've heard nothing but good so far but we havent made those connections yet down here, havent formed relationships with coaches and kids and that is what recruiting is.

Shoop was at Tenn and Vandy
    Fountain has been at auburn and Georgia
    Huff was at Vandy and before that Tenn state
    Only 3 coaches outside of CJM don’t have some ties to the south

I will bet anyone any amount of cash you want CJM will be get better reviews by high school coaches in Mississippi than Dan did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

I will bet anyone any amount of cash you want CJM will be get better reviews by high school coaches in Mississippi than Dan did.
    Well I can already attest to that. I have a close friend that works at Lafayette and he said that Moorhead was 10x cooler than Mullen ever was. He hasnt been here yet but Im looking forward to it

vCash
    I am less concerned with the numbers, because to some extent, there's nothing the new staff could do about it. More concerning is that they've lost head to head battles with Alabama, Tennessee, and Arkansas already in the regular signing period. (Particularly, going 0 for 3 so far against Arkansas!) One's an incident, two's a coincidence, but three's a pattern. I am hopeful that will change next year.

vCash

You?re spot on. He is gonna attack our region hard and that?s why you have seen him put together such an eclectic staff. We have guys that have had success recruiting nationally and guys that know recruiting in the South. I?ve heard some great things about his recruiting plans and what?s being put into motion. It?s a new era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Yes he is will and it won?t be close.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Look like Jaylon Reed may be getting back in this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think its a good move considering the circumstances. Maybe a way to help with Lovett too

vCash
    Wow.

vCash
    That?s interesting

vCash
    Good for him. We reaching, but happy for the kid

vCash
    We should have a separate recruiting thread for whining. Or maybe let this one be the whiners? thread and start a new one that only has informative posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    We should have a separate recruiting thread for whining. Or maybe let this one be the whiners? thread and start a new one that only has informative posts

I believe this one has become that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Wow.
    I think this is the panic button. Things are falling apart, so make dang sure we land Lovett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think this is the panic button. Things are falling apart, so make dang sure we land Lovett
    Reed looked pretty good in the MS/AL and considering Smith and Brule are gone according to this thread I think its a good move

vCash
    Terrible luck that the hard 25 goes into place next year. We have basically self imposed sanctions equal to Ole Miss. Really sucks that Bama offered Smith bc our staff did a good job with him...well other than not pulling out all the stops in December.

vCash
    Hahaha. You are literally freaking out that Arkansas got an 87 overall CB in Bishop because he?s so good and was committed to us. But we get an 85 overall CB from the state of MS that was previously committed to us and now the entire football program is in panic mode because it?s definitely a downgrade.

This schtick you?ve gone on the past week has to be commemorated somehow. It?s been hilarious to watch the melt. I?m glad it?s not me or I would be pissed off at myself by now. I would be really interested to see how your comments would go over if you had to say them straight to Joe Mo?s face. You know, tell him how awful he?s doing that he?s held together a Top 30 recruiting class.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 02-01-2018 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Hahaha. You are literally freaking out that Arkansas got an 87 overall CB in Bishop because he?s so good and was committed to us. But we get an 85 overall CB from the state of MS that was previously committed to us and now the entire football program is in panic mode because it?s definitely a downgrade.

This schtick you?ve gone on the past week has to be commemorated somehow. It?s been hilarious to watch the melt. I?m glad it?s not me or I would be pissed off at myself by now. I would be really interested to see how your comments would go over if you had to say them straight to Joe Mo?s face. You know, tell him how awful he?s doing that he?s held together a Top 30 recruiting class.
    You are taking those numbers too literally. 247 doesn't rate anyone with an SEC offer as a 2 star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You are taking those numbers too literally. 247 doesn't rate anyone with an SEC offer as a 2 star.
    Maybe so. But for now, I’m not going to melt. It’s easy to revert back to what we always do. It’s comfortable to complain about recruiting. Joe Mo had a lot of work to do in a short period of time. I just don’t get why he’s getting hammered. People think he sucks because he lost a couple middle tier recruits to a team we are better than. A couple of those had prior Arkansas connections.

I’ll say it again. The majority of this board has no clue why teenagers do the things they do in recruiting. Zero clue. They’ve never seen a head coach talk with a potential recruit, they’ve never had a long standing relationship with a D1 recruit (I’m talking about seeing them 3-5 times a week and having a conversation with them). Many people’s opinions on this topic are generated from years and years of trolling message boards and paying for subscriptions. Not actually talking to kids. That’s why I don’t freak out. I see all this stuff on a daily basis. We need people to calm down. It’s just dumb how some of us act on a subject that many know virtually nothing about.