Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I think we would still take him at QB if he wants to come even though we already have one committed but I don't blame him for considering others that fit his skill set better. I'd say we'll be in his top 3 but it's hard to tell with him right now.

DM would welcome him to the Bulldawg Family right now if he wanted to commit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He has said he'd be open to it.
    Kid is going somewhere to play QB. He may say all the right things, props to him for doing so, but he isn't signing anywhere to change positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It looks like he's sticking with Tenn. I lost what little hope I had after reading that he didnt announce the visit to their staff. I never thought this would work out for us anyway.
    Let's don't give up on Shaq yet.. He couldn't come out and say anything different than what he did. I still like our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Kid is going somewhere to play QB. He may say all the right things, props to him for doing so, but he isn't signing anywhere to change positions.
    I'm not saying he'll sign with the intention to change positions. Just that he appears open to it down the road if that's what is best for him.

He's definitely signing to play QB. But if we get him and Mayden beats him out, he may not transfer. That's all I'm saying.

vCash
    Look for Shaq to stay with Tennessee..

vCash
    Look for Shaq to stay with Tennessee..
    What's the reason for that?

What's the connection there?

It doesn't make any sense to me.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Tennessee is a dirty recruiter, and i don't doubt it, but I honestly think the awe factor of their stadium and historic success may have gotten him. Also being the first visit helped.

vCash

Shit happens. When he visited some staff thought we would get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I honestly think the awe factor of their stadium and historic success may have gotten him. Also being the first visit helped.
    I disagree. You could be right, but I'd assume a SR in college that played at UGA & Louisville would be more mature than this. Again, you may be right & certianly it maybe matters to HS guys, but, I'd be somewhat shocked if things like that mattered to SR in college.

vCash
    Shit happens. When he visited some staff thought we would get him
    Interesting....

Nothing like not landing a croot & no one has any reason how the school with little to no connections to the player landed him.

vCash
    random theory that maybe our grad school GPA requirement coming into play? Or maybe it's something totally around playing time, etc. Hard to say.

vCash
    Interesting....

Nothing like not landing a croot & no one has any reason how the school with little to no connections to the player landed him.
    Maybe he just liked it better there. Tenn beats us for recruits all the time, so this one isn't shocking to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe he just liked it better there. Tenn beats us for recruits all the time, so this one isn't shocking to me
    True, but I see it differently when we have the DC that he's followed around & T Buck who he also played for.

We no doubt should have had a leg up here. I don't see this as similar to a high school kid that is just getting to know the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    random theory that maybe our grad school GPA requirement coming into play? Or maybe it's something totally around playing time, etc. Hard to say.
    This is my suspicion. Seems like a case where there could have been some academic things or red tape that made it more difficult for him to attend MSU.

vCash
    True, but I see it differently when we have the DC that he's followed around & T Buck who he also played for.

We no doubt should have had a leg up here. I don't see this as similar to a high school kid that is just getting to know the coaches.
    It certainly stings. We were really close to having a really solid secondary... still may though

vCash
    It certainly stings. We were really close to having a really solid secondary... still may though
    Yeah. The silver lining is that this will give a younger & maybe equally as talented guy more playing time, which could set us up better for 2018.

I mean, let's face it: as good as it would have been to get Shaq, he's a grad transfer & not in the NFL for a reason. H would have helped for sure, but we should have similar talents on our roster

vCash
    Yeah. The silver lining is that this will give a younger & maybe equally as talented guy more playing time, which could set us up better for 2018.

I mean, let's face it: as good as it would have been to get Shaq, he's a grad transfer & not in the NFL for a reason. H would have helped for sure, but we should have similar talents on our roster
    sound logic right there

vCash
    Sam spiegelman (lsu writer) CB'd jammal Houston to us. Would be huge. He's a wr with 26 offers including lsu, ark, auburn, Georgia, om, and tenn. Greg Knox listed a lead recruiter

vCash
    Check this guy out. Just offered.
    http://www.hudl.com/v/1qkfA7
    Last edited by Bothrops; 06-03-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Sam spiegelman (lsu writer) CB'd jammal Houston to us. Would be huge. He's a wr with 26 offers including lsu, ark, auburn, Georgia, om, and tenn. Greg Knox listed a lead recruiter
    Clocked at 4.47 at camp today. Listed at 6'2" 180 on Hudl