Page 34 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Daze View Post
    I could see Watson at CB to be honest. He seemed to be good at reading the quarterback. The videos at WR didn't wow me in the least bit. His size is whats great about him. Plus it wouldn't hurt for a little depth at our DB level.
    Safety maybe no way he can play CB though

vCash
    So if Hevesy is really the reason we’re in on bleich, maybe we should put him strictly on offensive linemen from above the mason Dixon line. Maybe his Schtick is better received up there and then we can let looney recruit all southern OL

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    So if Hevesy is really the reason we’re in on bleich, maybe we should put him strictly on offensive linemen from above the mason Dixon line. Maybe his Schtick is better received up there and then we can let looney recruit all southern OL
    So Hevesy IS the guy recruiting Bleich?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    yep, something the article referred to as "junk exposure". not sure what that it is but I guess it was bad enough to get him kicked off the team.****
    Lol there?s your ?baggage?

vCash
    Is Willie Allen an option for us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Daze View Post
    I could see Watson at CB to be honest. He seemed to be good at reading the quarterback. The videos at WR didn't wow me in the least bit. His size is whats great about him. Plus it wouldn't hurt for a little depth at our DB level.
    Watson has some very impressive numbers at receiver, thus far. The best out of the group, in fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Is Willie Allen an option for us?
    He's struggled in Juco & we don't need another guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lol there?s your ?baggage?
    He just had jock itch. *

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    So if Hevesy is really the reason we?re in on bleich, maybe we should put him strictly on offensive linemen from above the mason Dixon line. Maybe his Schtick is better received up there and then we can let looney recruit all southern OL
    I know that Looney is recruiting Carvin and that Hevesy recruited Dolla Bill. If Hevesy lands a strong o-line class I will give him credit for that, or Looney and Hevesy if that is the case. Probably both to an extent. I don't necessarily hold a grudge for making a mistake- I do if the mistakes are repeated over and over. That's why I haven't been nearly as hard on Billy Gonzalez despite the fact that mistakes were made in WR recruiting in the past- a 4* JUCO WR and an UA AA 4* WR will do that- not to mention the possibility of adding another 4* WR plus I think Patterson is grossly underrated. And also why I have been very vocal about Hevesy.

I wouldn't be surprised in the offseason with the extra coaches spot available if we make Hevesy the "Offensive Coordinator" and then promote Looney to o-line coach and then bring in Peterson as the TE coach. Hevesy helps with the game planning as it is and as we all know his strength is in coaching. He could certainly do that from his position as OC. That would allow Looney to recruit and then we wouldn't have the issue that we have had in the past where o-line recruits wanted to "get to know their position coach". It fits on paper at least.

That said, at this point o-line is still probably our position group of biggest need and is the least filled out at this point with only two commits in the fold. Long way to go- but the good news is we at least have the highest rated one committed at this point.

vCash
    Billy G is Carvin primary recruiter not Looney. Hev already has the OC title. Don't expect him to stop being the OL coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Billy G is Carvin primary recruiter not Looney. Hev already has the OC title. Don't expect him to stop being the OL coach.
    I saw that Looney was visiting Carvin during the bye week. That's interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I saw that Looney was visiting Carvin during the bye week. That's interesting.
    That was because Hev was in Pennsylvania visiting Bleich.

vCash
    Coach Gibson also very involved with Carvin. If we don't get him it won't be because of lack of effort. Just a matter of closing him.

Banned
    vCash
    If you haven't listened / watched Carvin's interview on 247, I'd encourage it. I really like this guy, would love to have him on our team. I find it interesting too that of the 3 finalists, we are closer to home than the other 2.

vCash
    How did Aaron morgan do last night on ESPN2?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
    didn't see that but would be interested to know more about him if anyone has any info on the guy since 247 doesn't blow you away on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
    Don't expect Morgan to be in this class.. couple more to come ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    didn't see that but would be interested to know more about him if anyone has any info on the guy since 247 doesn't blow you away on him.

He's not going to be in this class.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Don't expect Morgan to be in this class.. couple more to come ..
    https://twitter.com/17goinglive/stat...88828181663744

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    And there it is.