Page 74 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Can Ifyou and Ari drop predictions today?
    We will have over a dozen sign tomorrow.
    Which will include Whop and Carvin
    Also Heath will give a **** you to Yancy and crew when he signs tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    well by all means grace us with more info then your Highness.
    maybe you should sit a few plays out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Boy this thread has really taken a major downturn lately.
    Before tomorrow comes, can we have someone edit the names of the "lead recruiters" on the 1st page for these players?

Half the recruiters listed are no longer on staff, so it may be time to delete that from each profile listed. No sense giving any of them recognition for something they didn't do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Before tomorrow comes, can we have someone edit the names of the "lead recruiters" on the 1st page for these players?

Half the recruiters listed are no longer on staff, so it may be time to delete that from each profile listed. No sense giving any of them recognition for something they didn't do.
    Austin, Petterson , Gibson... there’s your key players for this class.

vCash
    Ari or IYOK, any news on Harris? Did we stop his recruitment? Seemed to be trending heavily towards us until the last week or so.

vCash
    We can also rate recruiters by stars ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    well by all means grace us with more info then your Highness.

So, let me get this straight. You pay for what Steve and Paul hear on genespage. Yet, you come here for free and ridicule and act like an *** to those who post what they are hearing. My high school basketball coach liked to use the phrase..."you'd ruin a free meal".

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Ari or IYOK, any news on Harris? Did we stop his recruitment? Seemed to be trending heavily towards us until the last week or so.
    He's not apart of JoeMo plans

vCash
    It looks like Whop and Carvin sign tomorrow (Thursday). Didn't know if that info was in this thread.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Numbers were too tight. Harris and Reed were told to search around. Only real decommit we've had is bishop. Austin, Peterson, and Gibson should all be given good raises for keeping this class together through a coaching chance. Unheard of to only lose 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    It looks like Whop and Carvin sign tomorrow (Thursday). Didn't know if that info was in this thread.
    tomorrow is Wednesday. Is it Wednesday or Thursday?

Banned
    vCash
    Tomorrow is wed.

vCash
    Really disappointed to hear that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Tomorrow is wed.
    Oops sorry. I'm just an idiot. Yes, tomorrow is Wednesday.

vCash
    Really disappointed to hear that.
    Whop, Guidry, Heath aren't enough? Maybe we need an OT?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Harris is CB, not WR....
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 12-19-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Hate to hear that. Felt like he could've immediately improved our secondary, but I'll give Moorhead a pass. He obviously knows more about it than I do

vCash
    If we don't take Harris, I know that'll be a decision that is talked about for a long time. So I guess I'll just another voice shouting into the void, but here goes nothing.

We have a DT committed, Devon Robinson, who has an awful offer list. Only other P5 school to offer him is Vandy and Louisville. At a position that we historically recruit very well. In all likelihood, this guy probably will not contribute to the football team in any meaningful way. That isn't to say that he's a bad player or person. Just that most schools clearly think he's not even close to SEC-caliber.

Meanwhile, you have 4* Corione Harris. A secondary player who maybe projects as a safety at the next level. Who has an offer list that includes every major football powerhouse, SEC and non-SEC. And because we have too many safeties, we've told him to look around? But not Robinson? When we have a 5* DL coming in on the next class? And we struggle horribly in the secondary?

Perhaps I don't understand recruiting. But from the perspective of an ignoramus like me, this seems like a terrible decision. Can we just take one less no-name, no-offer-list player in the next class?

vCash
    If we don't take Harris, I know that'll be a decision that is talked about for a long time. So I guess I'll just another voice shouting into the void, but here goes nothing.

We have a DT committed, Devon Robinson, who has an awful offer list. Only other P5 school to offer him is Vandy and Louisville. At a position that we historically recruit very well. In all likelihood, this guy probably will not contribute to the football team in any meaningful way. That isn't to say that he's a bad player or person. Just that most schools clearly think he's not even close to SEC-caliber.

Meanwhile, you have 4* Corione Harris. A secondary player who maybe projects as a safety at the next level. Who has an offer list that includes every major football powerhouse, SEC and non-SEC. And because we have too many safeties, we've told him to look around? But not Robinson? When we have a 5* DL coming in on the next class? And we struggle horribly in the secondary?

Perhaps I don't understand recruiting. But from the perspective of an ignoramus like me, this seems like a terrible decision. Can we just take one less no-name, no-offer-list player in the next class?
    If Harris had that many options, do you think he?d be signing with Kansas tomorrow?

His evaluation is a joke. Harris is a safety at the next level but only weighs 170 lbs. The evaluations on 247 this year were especially poor.

Harris is about an 83-84 caliber player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Whop, Guidry, Heath aren't enough? Maybe we need an OT?
    Fair response. To be clear: this is an excellent class and our staff has done a phenomenal job of keeping them all together. We'll land some players that are excellent takes. I'm really happy. We certainly need an OT.

It isn't that I don't trust JoeMo's staff, it's just that I also trust LSU, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, and West Virginia--all programs at or above our caliber who've offered him, in their ability to evaluate talent.

And given the plethora of bottom-of-the-barrel players we take every year, I just don't understand how we can't make the numbers work for Harris.

vCash
    Fair response. To be clear: this is an excellent class and our staff has done a phenomenal job of keeping them all together. We'll land some players that are excellent takes. I'm really happy. We certainly need an OT.

It isn't that I don't trust JoeMo's staff, it's just that I also trust LSU, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, and West Virginia--all programs at or above our caliber who've offered him, in their ability to evaluate talent.

And given the plethora of bottom-of-the-barrel players we take every year, I just don't understand how we can't make the numbers work for Harris.
    See my edited post. For some reason, I thought he was a WR. Went and looked and... CB... You're good. I understand where you're coming from. Disregard my idiotic post
    LFC YNWA