Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not getting Carvin was the biggest loss imo. It’s interesting to me how his mom, who lives in TX was more in on DeVinner and Tennessee than the Dad, who liked MSU, but actually lives in Memphis. Why was the person who lives in TX a bigger fan of DeVinner than the one that lives in TN? Was something funneled away from prying eyes?

My other disappointment was the guys that didn’t sign. Hopefully we fight for them.
    Carvin's mom came in the night before and took him to a hotel for the night. Prior to that he was a dog. His dad wanted him here, he lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Carvin's mom came in the night before and took him to a hotel for the night. Prior to that he was a dog. His dad wanted him here, he lost.
    Seriously? If you notice Byron only tweeter her - not the dad (no idea if he has twitter), but this why i hate recruiting most of the time

Banned
    vCash
    That sux ass. Hopefully our new guys got a crash course on southern networking. Growing pains and shit. Welcome to the dirty shit down south new guys. There's a new word of you need to add to your vocabulary. Its called "heppin".

vCash
    Boy, between Carvin & Cole Smith, we really got the shaft on OL moms this year.

Goes to show you, you've got to win over the mom. She is the number 1 decision maker.

Women are ferocious & won't give in while men will give in just to make the woman stop screaming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Boy, between Carvin & Cole Smith, we really got the shaft on OL moms this year.

Goes to show you, you've got to win over the mom. She is the number 1 decision maker.

Women are ferocious & won't give in while men will give in just to make the woman stop screaming
    Speaking of Cole, now that he is signed, sealed and delivered to Cajun country can someone shed some light on why his Mom evidently would NOT want him at MSU? I don't understand why any Mother would want to send her kids several hours further away from home just so he wouldn't go to MSU. I don't need gory details just trying to understand a very odd situation of a legacy kid that from all I can tell, grew up cheering for MSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Speaking of Cole, now that he is signed, sealed and delivered to Cajun country can someone shed some light on why his Mom evidently would NOT want him at MSU? I don't understand why any Mother would want to send her kids several hours further away from home just so he wouldn't go to MSU. I don't need gory details just trying to understand a very odd situation of a legacy kid that from all I can tell, grew up cheering for MSU.
    Good, solid question. Its a WTF is up with that.

vCash
    Hevesy and Momma ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hevesy and Momma ..
    Figured that was a big sticking point but after Hevesy was out of the picture it didn't make sense why she would still be pushing LSU (as it was implied). If the coaching staff was the main driver for not going to MSU and then they were all gone AND the OL position coach left LSU one would have thought we would have at least gotten the visit.

Banned
    vCash
    Figured that was a big sticking point but after Hevesy was out of the picture it didn't make sense why she would still be pushing LSU (as it was implied). If the coaching staff was the main driver for not going to MSU and then they were all gone AND the OL position coach left LSU one would have thought we would have at least gotten the visit.
    maybe Cole decided to stick with his commitment. sux for us but that' just a guess on my part.