Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    So is Devonta Jason pretty much a long shot at this point.
    Whop is Devonta Jason

vCash
    So is Devonta Jason pretty much a long shot at this point.
    Not at all..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Whop is Devonta Jason
    Oh, ok, guess I was hearing him called both and didn't realize it was the same person. Is Whop a nickname or something?

vCash
    Oh, ok, guess I was hearing him called both and didn't realize it was the same person. Is Whop a nickname or something?
    Yep

vCash
    Which of our commits/prospects are expected to sign in December? Will we have any EEs?

vCash
    Deleted
    Last edited by Cary Hudson's little bro; 10-10-2017 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    "For the rest of the way, I believe OL are the top priority along with another safety (Myles Mason), juco corner and another skill player or two." - Paul Jones.

I'll guess:

OL's James Carvin and mystery croot,
    S Mason
    CB - Antonio Nelson
    WR's Whop, Antonio Gibson

What y'all think?
    I don't have any inside info on any of this (Ari has been good in his posts over the past few pages though), but just thought I'd mention how our class would look if all of these guys came true (minus the mystery croot, whoever that is). We'd sit at a 223.83 overall composite score, which would put as the #24 overall class by last year's rankings, same spot as last year, with an almost identical class score. Some other notes though:
    - people are going to be dropped, we'd have 31 commits. But I'll go with Ari's advice on relaxing about the numbers. It'll work out.
    - The class would be about average at #24 overall... I'd love to see us improve to top 20 regularly. But, this class would have to be considered an enormous win because it would probably be our best OL and WR class under Mullen--positions we desperately have underrecruited.
    - I think it sets us up well with the 2019 class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I don't have any inside info on any of this (Ari has been good in his posts over the past few pages though), but just thought I'd mention how our class would look if all of these guys came true (minus the mystery croot, whoever that is). We'd sit at a 223.83 overall composite score, which would put as the #24 overall class by last year's rankings, same spot as last year, with an almost identical class score. Some other notes though:
    - people are going to be dropped, we'd have 31 commits. But I'll go with Ari's advice on relaxing about the numbers. It'll work out.
    - The class would be about average at #24 overall... I'd love to see us improve to top 20 regularly. But, this class would have to be considered an enormous win because it would probably be our best OL and WR class under Mullen--positions we desperately have underrecruited.
    - I think it sets us up well with the 2019 class.
    It would also be a huge win because it looks like we're going to essentially sweep the state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It would also be a huge win because it looks like we're going to essentially sweep the state.
    Absolutely. Huge recruiting momentum and a great WR and OL class.

vCash
    I was hoping we could pull Savion Smith Juco CB at Gulf Coast who transferred from LSU. Bama has put the full court press on though so he's probably headed there.
    It's not enough that they sign the number 1 ranked class every year, they have to cherry pick the top Jucos too.

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Just watched J. Reed's highlights on 247 for the first time, and I'm impressed. It might be my maroon goggles, but he looks like a legitimate SEC corner on tape. Has an impressive offer list as well. Thoughts?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ja...cruitInterests

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual Underachiever View Post
    Just watched J. Reed's highlights on 247 for the first time, and I'm impressed. It might be my maroon goggles, but he looks like a legitimate SEC corner on tape. Has an impressive offer list as well. Thoughts?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ja...cruitInterests
    thoughts? he's a high school corner with offers from UGA , Oregon & Tenn. how often in recent memory have we been signing guys like that in the secondary?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    if we end up signing all the MS guys we are expecting, how long has it been since either MSU or tsun dominated the other in this fashion?

vCash
    I've been watching recruiting for 40 years and I have never seen us get so many of the top players and Mississippi getting practically none. We've had some really good years before, but never like this class.

vCash
    Since it's been put out there now...the mystery OL is this guy

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Bleich-79941

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post

Just have to lock him up

vCash
    Just have to lock him up
    What are the chances that actually happens though? He's already a hard commit to UCLA and even if he does decommit, Nebraska is right up his arse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Daze View Post
    What are the chances that actually happens though? He's already a hard commit to UCLA and even if he does decommit, Nebraska is right up his arse.
    He's far from a hard commit. I like our chances we just have to close.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post

MAN! watch the film on this guy. He is MEAN. even after he he's done his job knocking the guy he's assigned to out of the play and the offensive guy has run past him, he keeps on pursuing his guy until he's got his recorded pancake and seems to really enjoy falling on the guy too. He's not content with just protecting his offensive guy with the ball, he likes to get into the heads of the defensive people. would LOVE to have this guy.

vCash
    Also, can someone tell me why we haven't been making moves on Kirk Merritt? High 3 star WR playing just down the road in Scooba. I hate that we always miss out on local talent. At this point, I might walk on for receiver