Page 69 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Sounding like we’re about to hire Marcus Woodson to replace TBuck. I don’t like our staff so far. I’m just being honest. I’ll support them bc I’m willing to give JoMo’s hires a chance....but I do not like what I’m seeing.

http://gotigersgo.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=214
    Only two hires I like at all is Huff and HUD.
    Romans 5:8

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Why didn't he play in the AL/MS all star game?
    He's hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I heard there could be three!! Woodson and Derek Jones.
    Derek Jones & Woodson both coach DB's

vCash
    Yeah, I hear you. It just doesn't bother me at all. He is known as a great recruiter. I'm just different than 99% of the posters on here in the fact that I wish we only talked about OM during Egg Bowl week.
    I feel the same. If you can coach & recruit I don't care where you went to school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I feel the same. If you can coach & recruit I don't care where you went to school.
    It’s not about them being from a team I hate....It’s about being from our in state rival and a team that our season being good or bad usually depends on us beating them to end the year. Not to mention, guys that will one day probably coach at Ole Miss yet will know the ins and outs of our recruiting tactics and program if you know what I mean. It’s just not smart in my opinion. 1 guy if he’s a badass? Okay. But 2 or 3 average position coaches? Why? Bad move imo

vCash
    Yeah, I hear you. It just doesn't bother me at all. He is known as a great recruiter. I'm just different than 99% of the posters on here in the fact that I wish we only talked about OM during Egg Bowl week.
    100% agree.

vCash
    I’ve heard Johnson and Woodson have a deal with OM to get us on probation and then move over there.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It’s not about them being from a team I hate....It’s about being from our in state rival and a team that our season being good or bad usually depends on us beating them to end the year. Not to mention, guys that will one day probably coach at Ole Miss yet will know the ins and outs of our recruiting tactics and program if you know what I mean. It’s just not smart in my opinion. 1 guy if he’s a badass? Okay. But 2 or 3 average position coaches? Why? Bad move imo
    The problem is some of you are viewing this through the eyes of a fan. This is their profession and most don’t give a shit about a rivalry. So you honestly think these guys are on a secret spy mission to infiltrate our program. If the guys can coach who gives a shit where they played.

vCash
    Is he a great recruiter? Everyone on earth seems to be a "great recruiter", but then when you look at their on-field position group that supposed talent isn't coming through. Memphis pass D is 122 out of 129. I don't care who he can sign I care about results, and his track record is a**. Forget the OM stuff... Hiring him and Johnson seems to be getting a MS guy above both proven recruiting chops and on-field coaching. I care about coaching 1st, proven recruiting ability 2nd, and how good we think he'll fit with local culture 3rd. The OM hires can ONLY be justified by assuming "Mississippi ties" will equal 2) and 3). Neither coach has proven 1). 122nd is straight a**

Yes I support Moorhead and the rest of the hires, so don't think I'm trolling. but those 2 hires reek of caring about MS ties to check off a box at the expense of all else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't know. Maybe. I would put it right at 50%.

I'm just saying that just because he didn't come on an OV it doesn't mean that he won't come to MSU because there isn't really a need for him to come to see our campus or anything like that. Maybe he felt like it would be better to talk it over with his family this weekend. Maybe he wanted to go watch Star Wars. I don't know- I just don't think it means much in the grand scheme of things in this case.
    I learned one thing, unless it was to OM, nobody signs without taking a visit. Now he may hold off and not sign early and visit later. But I bet a dollar to a doughnut, he won't sign if he doesn't take a visit
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Is he a great recruiter? Everyone on earth seems to be a "great recruiter", but then when you look at their on-field position group that supposed talent isn't coming through. Memphis pass D is 122 out of 129. I don't care who he can sign I care about results, and his track record is a**. Forget the OM stuff... Hiring him and Johnson seems to be getting a MS guy above both proven recruiting chops and on-field coaching. I care about coaching 1st, proven recruiting ability 2nd, and how good we think he'll fit with local culture 3rd. The OM hires can ONLY be justified by assuming "Mississippi ties" will equal 2) and 3). Neither coach has proven 1). 122nd is straight a**

Yes I support Moorhead and the rest of the hires, so don't think I'm trolling. but those 2 hires reek of caring about MS ties to check off a box at the expense of all else.
    Seriously, how do you think OM fans would express themselves if they thought they were about to have multiple coaches on their staff that were MSU graduates? Yea, these guys may do alright but I seriously don't see the reason to not keep TBuck and Looney to bring in some coaches that are OM graduates that are really no more proven. TBuck is actually more proven as a recruiter. Guess the question in my mind is if these guys are so great why is Matt Luke not trying to get them on his staff? I bet he could hire them away from us in a heartbeat if he decides he wants them. I'm OK with one on staff but any more than that certainly does not smell right.

vCash
    One thing no one is talking about is the fact that to coach at Ole Miss you pretty much HAVE to be willing to work closely with the Network. There are no ifs ands or buts about it and that limits who they can get to coach there. Most coaches don't want to end up like Barney Farrar or even Hugh Freeze because a show cause is something that will follow you around for the rest of your career. And most people don't want to go from Ole Miss to Jones JC.

So, my point is maybe some of these coaches with Ole Miss ties know this- and I'm 100% Johnson does since not working with the Network was much of the reason why Cutcliffe was fired in the first place- and so the only SEC option in their home state without compromising their ethics is MSU.

At any rate, I'm not sure why this has just now become such a big deal with our fans. Bob Tyler had a degree from Ole Miss. Easily one of the best coaches we have ever had. Tom Goode, Joe Lee Dunn, Melvin Smith, Tony Hughes, and others I'm sure have coached at both. That and the fact that some of our fans seem to assume that because someone coaches in the NFL that they can't recruit just absolutely confuse me right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I learned one thing, unless it was to OM, nobody signs without taking a visit. Now he may hold off and not sign early and visit later. But I bet a dollar to a doughnut, he won't sign if he doesn't take a visit
    Again maybe so but I'm pretty sure we've had a couple of guys that have signed with us withut taking an OV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, how do you think OM fans would express themselves if they thought they were about to have multiple coaches on their staff that were MSU graduates? Yea, these guys may do alright but I seriously don't see the reason to not keep TBuck and Looney to bring in some coaches that are OM graduates that are really no more proven. TBuck is actually more proven as a recruiter. Guess the question in my mind is if these guys are so great why is Matt Luke not trying to get them on his staff? I bet he could hire them away from us in a heartbeat if he decides he wants them. I'm OK with one on staff but any more than that certainly does not smell right.
    They wouldn't be happy with it but again that's because they want people that will work with their Network. Woodson and Johnson are Cutcliffe guys- they aren't necessarily Network guys to my knowledge. Matt Luke, Hugh Freeze, Maurice Harris- all Network guys.

vCash
    One thing no one is talking about is the fact that to coach at Ole Miss you pretty much HAVE to be willing to work closely with the Network. There are no ifs ands or buts about it and that limits who they can get to coach there. Most coaches don't want to end up like Barney Farrar or even Hugh Freeze because a show cause is something that will follow you around for the rest of your career. And most people don't want to go from Ole Miss to Jones JC.

So, my point is maybe some of these coaches with Ole Miss ties know this- and I'm 100% Johnson does since not working with the Network was much of the reason why Cutcliffe was fired in the first place- and so the only SEC option in their home state without compromising their ethics is MSU.

At any rate, I'm not sure why this has just now become such a big deal with our fans. Bob Tyler had a degree from Ole Miss. Easily one of the best coaches we have ever had. Tom Goode, Joe Lee Dunn, Melvin Smith, Tony Hughes, and others I'm sure have coached at both. That and the fact that some of our fans seem to assume that because someone coaches in the NFL that they can't recruit just absolutely confuse me right now.
    Unless you are Hugh Freeze I guess. That poor guy had all that going on right under his nose but apparently didn't have a clue what was going on. That's why he got almost nothing while his assistants got multiple year show causes.***

vCash
    They wouldn't be happy with it but again that's because they want people that will work with their Network. Woodson and Johnson are Cutcliffe guys- they aren't necessarily Network guys to my knowledge. Matt Luke, Hugh Freeze, Maurice Harris- all Network guys.
    Come on, they wouldn't be happy with it regardless of a Network or no Network.

vCash
    David Johnson CB Lovett to flip to OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Wrong thread. This is pissing match and Network conspiracy thread.

vCash
    Well, he’s one of the few not signing. Lots of smoke around it. I won’t be surprised. We cut loose his buddy.

vCash
    They are selling him on playing time. With the OM situation right now, it's a pretty weak sell. You'd have to be dumb to fall for it.