Page 68 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I'm guessing our other "big flip" ain't happening either?? That one would have been big!!
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Nobody expects that but not every kid is a legacy from Ponotoc, MS.
    It has nothing to do with legacy. If parents allow kids to choose without their influence you'd be surprised. Living your "own" life is ok.

vCash
    I don’t want to talk bad about anyone’s momma, but if my kid were choosing between living in Starkville and Baton Rouge and playing for orgeron and Moorehead. Easy decision unless you are going solely on “big school” vs. “little school”.

I don’t want to live in B.R. and I damn sure wouldn’t feel good about sending my kid to live down there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It has nothing to do with legacy. If parents allow kids to choose without their influence you'd be surprised. Living your "own" life is ok.
    Hope the kid is getting to make his own decision. Point is he's not "every kid". If it wasn't for where he's from and his natural connections to MSU nobody would think twice about which school he was choosing. All things being equal MSU should have every advantage you can possibly have in a situation like this.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Cole will sign with LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Cole will sign with LSU
    You got a definitive on carvin?

vCash
    That's just not true. Cole came to a practice on Thursday to commit to MSU because he thought he was going to get offered. Hev said he wanted to see him in the spring 1st. That Saturday Cole went to LSU they offered & he committed on the spot. He's been to more MSU games this year than pretty much all of our commits. He loves MSU but there is a family dynamic working against us. Odds are low that it changes between now & Wednesday but Cole was all set to visit this weekend & flip to MSU. Those plans were changed & we'll see if the tide can turn these next few days.
    Unreal. Feels like that s type of stuff happens to us more than it should.

vCash
    Why in the F are we hiring another Ole Miss grad to coach on our football staff? That makes 2, and that’s 2 too many. There’s thousands of position coaches out there, and Moorhead needs to learn more about this rivalry and steer clear of OM grads. I don’t like it one bit.

vCash
    Cole will sign with LSU
    Why didn't he play in the AL/MS all star game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Why in the F are we hiring another Ole Miss grad to coach on our football staff? That makes 2, and that?s 2 too many. There?s thousands of position coaches out there, and Moorhead needs to learn more about this rivalry and steer clear of OM grads. I don?t like it one bit.
    Who #2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who #2?
    Sounding like we’re about to hire Marcus Woodson to replace TBuck. I don’t like our staff so far. I’m just being honest. I’ll support them bc I’m willing to give JoMo’s hires a chance....but I do not like what I’m seeing.

http://gotigersgo.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=214

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who #2?
    Marcus Woodson, corner coach from Memphis. Graduated from OM in '08.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Why in the F are we hiring another Ole Miss grad to coach on our football staff? That makes 2, and that?s 2 too many. There?s thousands of position coaches out there, and Moorhead needs to learn more about this rivalry and steer clear of OM grads. I don?t like it one bit.
    I heard there could be three!! Woodson and Derek Jones.
    No Signature

vCash
    Sounding like we’re about to hire Marcus Woodson to replace TBuck. I don’t like our staff so far. I’m just being honest. I’ll support them bc I’m willing to give JoMo’s hires a chance....but I do not like what I’m seeing.

http://gotigersgo.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=214
    We need guys with MS ties that can recruit our state and the south. There just aren't many former MSU players that are DB coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We need guys with MS ties that can recruit our state and the south. There just aren't many former MSU players that are DB coaches.
    There’s a bunch that aren’t former OM players though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I heard there could be three!! Woodson and Derek Jones.
    Good Lord, I hope you’re joking.

vCash
    There’s a bunch that aren’t former OM players though
    Yeah, I hear you. It just doesn't bother me at all. He is known as a great recruiter. I'm just different than 99% of the posters on here in the fact that I wish we only talked about OM during Egg Bowl week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. It just doesn't bother me at all. He is known as a great recruiter. I'm just different than 99% of the posters on here in the fact that I wish we only talked about OM during Egg Bowl week.
    This, we’re a page about MSU sports yet half of the posts seem to be about TSUN.

vCash
    I don’t mind it as long as we are beating them with their alums

vCash
    Is T Buck leaving? He was in Cappe's last night recruiting for State. Made several phone calls to recruits while he was there.