Page 33 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    MAN! watch the film on this guy. He is MEAN. even after he he's done his job knocking the guy he's assigned to out of the play and the offensive guy has run past him, he keeps on pursuing his guy until he's got his recorded pancake and seems to really enjoy falling on the guy too. He's not content with just protecting his offensive guy with the ball, he likes to get into the heads of the defensive people. would LOVE to have this guy.
    Almost reminds you of when football used to be an aggressive sport lol!

vCash
    I had forgotten about this Bleich guy. Earlier in the year I knew we were on him, but all info went cold. Why did he commit to UCLA? We were on this guy many months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Daze View Post
    Also, can someone tell me why we haven't been making moves on Kirk Merritt? High 3 star WR playing just down the road in Scooba. I hate that we always miss out on local talent. At this point, I might walk on for receiver
    We already have 2 Juco WR ( Guidry and Nelson ) committed. Plus we have Heath and will prob land Whop.
    No need for another Juco WR.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Also, can someone tell me why we haven't been making moves on Kirk Merritt? High 3 star WR playing just down the road in Scooba. I hate that we always miss out on local talent. At this point, I might walk on for receiver
    We have 2 Juco WR already & he's a slot WR. We have enough of them. Also he's about to be on his 4th school in 30 months.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We have 2 Juco WR already & he's a slot WR. We have enough of them. Also he's about to be on his 4th school in 30 months.
    I'm confused on this guy now. is this the same Kirk Merritt who was dismissed from A&M in April of this year?

vCash
    I'm confused on this guy now. is this the same Kirk Merritt who was dismissed from A&M in April of this year?
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    We already have 2 Juco WR ( Guidry and Nelson ) committed. Plus we have Heath and will prob land Whop.
    Ahhh gotcha. Thanks, guys. Think there is a chance he goes back to Texas A&M?

vCash
    Ahhh gotcha. Thanks, guys. Think there is a chance he goes back to Texas A&M?
    No he was kicked off the team.

vCash
    Nelson has 10 catches for 133 yards for 0 TDs in 6 games. 1 of those catches was for 52 yards accounting for 40% of his production.

vCash
    Merritt has 430 yards with 3 TDs. He is a bigger, faster version of Mixon.

vCash
    The hell you say. That would be dope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    The hell you say. That would be dope.
    Whop would undoubtedly be the biggest recruiting win for us (besides any and all O-lineman we can snag) this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Merritt has 430 yards with 3 TDs. He is a bigger, faster version of Mixon.
    I'm not saying Merritt isn't a beast & isn't killing it. Nero #'s would be a lot better if he was at EMCC too. I just don't see Merritt fitting in with Mullen & MSU culture either.

vCash
    I'm not saying Merritt isn't a beast & isn't killing it. Nero #'s would be a lot better if he was at EMCC too. I just don't see Merritt fitting in with Mullen & MSU culture either.
    I hear you, I'm just ready to see some playmakers at receiver.

vCash
    I agree but I think this class has that so far in Heath, Guidry, & potentially with Whop. Also I really like Watson. I think he's going to be a good 1 whether at WR or on defense.

vCash
    I agree but I think this class has that so far in Heath, Guidry, & potentially with Whop. Also I really like Watson. I think he's going to be a good 1 whether at WR or on defense.
    I could see Watson at CB to be honest. He seemed to be good at reading the quarterback. The videos at WR didn't wow me in the least bit. His size is whats great about him. Plus it wouldn't hurt for a little depth at our DB level.

Banned
    vCash
    Merritt, from what I read will have a tough time finding a place to play at the next level. tsun may take him though.

vCash
    Merritt, from what I read will have a tough time finding a place to play at the next level. tsun may take him though.
    They won't have much choice when everyone decides to transfer out of OM.

vCash
    Heard the same. He has "baggage".

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Heard the same. He has "baggage".
    yep, something the article referred to as "junk exposure". not sure what that it is but I guess it was bad enough to get him kicked off the team.****