Page 91 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Urban? 8 since 2014... had several at Florida

ETA... sorry, 5 CBs and 3 safeties since 2014
    Urban has done it both at Florida and Ohio State. Les Miles has put more corners at LSU.

For all the hoopla Saban gets for development he's ONLY had 1-2 corners All Pro in the NFL. That's Jackson with the Texans and maybe Kirkpatrick with the Bengals. He teaches them terrible technique to always get "Mossed" by WR's. That equates to a short career in the NFL.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-13-2018 at 07:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Urban has done it both at Florida and Ohio State. Les Miles has put more corners at LSU.

For all the hoopla Saban gets for development he's ONLY had 1-2 corners All Pro in the NFL. That's Jackson with the Texans and maybe Kirkpatrick with the Bengals. He teaches them terrible technique to always get "Mossed" by WR's. That equates to a short career in the NFL.
    Hard to truly judge Saban's development ability anyway given he starts out with the most raw talent of any coach in the NCAA. It would look pretty bad if he didn't have quite a number of secondary players in the NFL.

vCash

I'll defer to you on the NFL (bc I know less than dick about that)... I just want Saban to develop players (and DBs) well enough win NCs at Bammer... Maybe he'll improve as a coach in that regard over the next few years...

Thanks for the insight.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Do we have any OV's this weekend or next?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Do we have any OV's this weekend or next?
    Zero this weekend from unsigned players. Several next weekend though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Zero this weekend from unsigned players. Several next weekend though.
    Thanks. Hail State!

vCash
    So recruiting experts, who we finish with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So recruiting experts, who we finish with?
    You are on the wrong thread. This is the how well Saban puts DB's in the NFL thread.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'll defer to you on the NFL (bc I know less than dick about that)... I just want Saban to develop players (and DBs) well enough win NCs at Bammer... Maybe he'll improve as a coach in that regard over the next few years...

Thanks for the insight.
    Jimbo Fisher does a great job developing that position. At least he did at Florida State
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-13-2018 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    IYOK or Ari,, or both, how do you see us closing out the '18 class including our 5 remaining commits and any surprises you can talk about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    IYOK or Ari,, or both, how do you see us closing out the '18 class including our 5 remaining commits and any surprises you can talk about?
    I think we sign 7 more. Maybe 8 before all is said and done.
    OL - McDowell and Winkel
    WR - Patterson ( Juco)
    DE - Lovett . Yeah I think we good now. Baker is huge and he finally has smart and rational people in his ear
    CB- Smith . I just don’t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don’t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
    DB - Myles
    Ath - Watson. But wouldn’t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.
    And we absolutely make room for Caleb Tanner who we have a shot at and make room for Ellis this summer if he qualifies.

Things will change daily next few weeks. But this is where we are today
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-15-2018 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    Love what you are saying on Lovett but forgive me if I'm skeptical.

However, if we do win this battle & reverse the momentum of Ole Miss on the player they targeted to flip from us, it would say an awful lot about this new staff's recruiting ability.

I can't help but wonder if Mullen's staff would've even attempted to win Lovett back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

However, if we do win this battle & reverse the momentum of Ole Miss on the player they targeted to flip from us, it would say an awful lot about this new staff's recruiting ability.

I can't help but wonder if Mullen's staff would've even attempted to win Lovett back?
    Hell no they wouldn't have attempted. That's work and they have a marathon training schedule to keep.

vCash

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Lovett goes to Umiss. But It’s not a slam dunk as those ****s up north would have everyone think. Lots of bullshit went down while the staff was in Jacksonville ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I think we sign 7 more. Maybe 8 before all is said and done.
    OL - McDowell and Winkel
    WR - Patterson ( Juco)
    DE - Lovett . Yeah I think we good now. Baker is huge and he finally has smart and rational people in his ear
    CB- Smith . I just don’t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don’t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
    DB - Myles
    Ath - Watson. But wouldn’t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.
    And we absolutely make room for Caleb Tanner who we have a shot at and make room for Ellis this summer if he qualifies.

Things will change daily next few weeks. But this is where we are today
    Myles is going to Arkansas

vCash
    Myles is going to Arkansas
    Where have you seen this?

vCash
    Where have you seen this?
    I live here in Alabama in the same town. The word here is he's going to Arkansas. Fyi, the majority of the coaches on staff for his highschool are from Arkansas. The head man coached with Gus there.

vCash
    I live here in Alabama in the same town. The word here is he's going to Arkansas. Fyi, the majority of the coaches on staff for his highschool are from Arkansas. The head man coached with Gus there.
    Would be absurd to lose a defensive player to Arkansas IMO.

Here is our problem with Mason: I'm sure he just thinks he is doing the lord's work.

For some reason coaches getting involved like this, especially when both schools are out of state to the player, just agitates me.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-15-2018 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    So I go to look at 247 CBs and see Tyrese heard as the lead story for the day. Kinda gives me the feeling our staff agrees with bulldawg28 that mason to ark

vCash
    Amazing the manipulation of HS coaches with some of these kids. He is being pushed to go about 4 times further away from his family to play for a program in much worse shape than ours? Ridiculous.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 01-15-2018 at 01:54 PM.