Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couple of Interesting Recruiting Trends

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I said earlier in the thread they were on another level than us. What makes you think they'd have run thru the west undefeated this year when they lost to Pitt? Is Pitt better than everyone in the west also?
    I think you are mistaking the West for being the juggernaut division that it was from 2010-2014. It has not been all that great the past two years, and as the East is still down that means the SEC as a whole hasn't been that great. And you can dog on Pitt all you want, they beat Penn State too who was another playoff contender. ACC has just been a better league than the SEC lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I think you are mistaking the West for being the juggernaut division that it was from 2010-2014. It has not been all that great the past two years, and as the East is still down that means the SEC as a whole hasn't been that great. And you can dog on Pitt all you want, they beat Penn State too who was another playoff contender. ACC has just been a better league than the SEC lately.
    Maybe so, but Pitt lost 5 games this year. Troy lost by 6 to Clemson. NC state took Clemson to OT.

vCash
    You can banter back and forth this subject until doomsday, but the one constant, the one norm that we should expect based on coaches salaries, recruiting rankings, facilities, athletic budget, NFL placements and any other measuring stick you can think of is that we should never lose or be pushed to the max by USA, USM, UMass, Samford, Troy, LA Tech, Maine, etc. Going forward losses to such teams should be totally unacceptable especially if a losing season is caused by drops to these kind of teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So recruiting rankings determine how good our class is now? Not on field production? Just trying to keep up with Dan's latest requirements.

Is the class that had KJ Wright and all the other pros considered a Top 35 class even though it turned out to be top 10 after 3 years....or does the ranking get readjusted once we see the players play a few years?
    Not at all however I agree with others that said I need to look at it how it shakes out across the sec. what I do want is a program that is a top 15-20 program year in and out with our production we put on the field especially when we pay well and have upgraded facilities. No more excuses