Thread: If you're UNM and your recruiting class is coming together as crap,...

vCash

If you're UNM and your recruiting class is coming together as crap,...

...can they undersign and then announce the unfilled schollarships as proactively being used as a penalty in lieu of the coming NCAA sanctions, even though they've already self-imposed 11 schollies over 4 years (i.e., more schollies than initially self-penalized)? What will be the NCAA's take on that?

vCash
    Potentially for NOA 2 they could - but if NOA 2 is as bad or worse than NOA 1 then it's going to be a drop in the bucket. They've already self-imposed for NOA 1 so I don't think there's anything they can do on that until the Committee meets.

vCash
    In my opinion that would just add to the list of things they've done to further piss off the NCAA.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Guys are signing that will have to get out a map to find where Oxford is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    That'll inflate their class in the early part of the day but it'll slide back down later on as everyone else's solidifies. Signing scrubs to increase your ranking through numbers works on somewhat of a bell curve.

vCash
    No matter what they do, their signing class is a disappointment to that fan base. I just saw a tweet about a RB who told them he was signing with them flipped to Maryland. If the Egg Bowl is our Super Bowl, then this is theirs.

vCash
    What's that saying? "It's the ones you DO sign that CAN'T play football that hurt you".

Good luck, UNM... lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    My OM buddies have never heard of 80% of their class. Yancy threw out all these big targets all year and none of them are signing with OM. Bowie may be the only guy they get they have targeted for 12 months.

vCash
    They are signing multiple guys that they didn't OV. That tells you a lot. They are scrambling to get somebody to fill out their class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    They are signing multiple guys that they didn't OV. That tells you a lot. They are scrambling to get somebody to fill out their class.
    This is good news obviously...