Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to be a pretty good signing class for the star gazers...

vCash

Going to be a pretty good signing class for the star gazers...

Enrolled:
    QB Keytaon Thompson- 4*(Scout, 247, Rivals)
    DE Chauncey Rivers- 4*(Scout, 247, Rivals, ESPN)
    DT Deion Pope- 4*(247 & rivals)
    DT Lee Autry- 4*(247 & ESPN)
    S Johnathan Abram- 4*(Scout & ESPN)
    OT Tommy Champion- 4*(ESPN)
    S Brian Cole- 4*(ESPN)
    DE Montez Sweat- 4*(ESPN)
    CB Tyler Williams- 4*(ESPN)
    DT James Jackson- was bumped from a 4* to a 3* on 247 after he enrolled

Committed:
    RB Kylin Hill- 4*(Scout, 247, ESPN)
    DT Noah Elliss- 4*(Scout, Rivals, ESPN)
    MLB Tyler Dunning- 4*(Rivals)

Likely to sign with State:
    OLB Willie Gay- 4*(Scout, 247, Rivals, ESPN)
    WR DD Bowie- 4*(Scout, 247, ESPN)

50/50 chance to sign with State:
    RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire- 4*(247 & ESPN)
    DE Aaron Odom- 4*(Scout)

That's 17 guys that were ranked a 4-star by atleast one of the four scouting services, 10 of them are already on campus. If we close with Gay, Bowie, Helaire, and Odom, this might end up being Mullen's best signing class on paper since he has been here.

vCash
    Good research.

Need to close on gay, Bowie, and Odom. We really need cooper and elliss to qualify. If we can do all this, it's an outstanding class. It'd be nice to get a good surprise Wednesday from someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    Enrolled:
    S Brian Cole- 4*(ESPN)

Committed:

DE Aaron Odom- 4*(Scout)

That's 17 guys that were ranked a 4-star by atleast one of the four scouting services, 10 of them are already on campus. If we close with Gay, Bowie, Helaire, and Odom, this might end up being Mullen's best signing class on paper since he has been here.
    Great post dude. Thanks for the info.

vCash
    That looks very good. I hope our coaches can stack up several classes of this caliber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    That looks very good. I hope our coaches can stack up several classes of this caliber.
    No doubt. The one thing I don't like, though, is seeing only 1 OL among that group.

vCash
    That is really good. That rivals the 09 class that I think may have had double digit 4 stars and several diamonds in the rough. Obviously we don't know how they will turn out but looks good on paper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    No doubt. The one thing I don't like, though, is seeing only 1 OL among that group.
    I agree. That has to be addressed at some point.

Otherwise it's Dan's best class whether it's ranked lower than 2015 or not.

vCash
    For completion's sake, here is the rest of the class:

-3* WR Austin Williams- 6'3" possession receiver, have a good feeling about him
    -3* OG Tyree Phillips- Huge JUCO offensive guard. 247 has him rated as the #1 JUCO OG in the nation.
    -3* S/CB Jaquarius Landrews- 6'2" 200 lb JUCO DB. 247 composite has him rated as the #6 JUCO safety in the nation.
    -3* S Landon Guidry- 6'1" 185 lb. 247 has him rated as an 88 and they #33 safety in the nation.
    -3* OT Cordavien Suggs- 6'7" 285. Rosebowl says he is the best OT Mullen has signed. Scout has him rated as the #37 OT in the nation with 35+ offers.
    -3* DT Taekion Reed- 6'4" 300 lb. Sign and place prospect.
    -3* OG Josh Cooper- 6'7" 355 lb OG. It was reported that he was the best OL prospect in summer camps. Probable sign and place, but still a chance of getting in. #33 OG in the nation per 247
    -3* OT Montravious Richardson- 6'7" 300 lb. Seems to be a project. Can't coach size though.
    -2* P Tucker Day- Army all-american punter who can kick field goals as well.

When it's all said and done, Tyree Phillips and Montravious Richardson will be the only signees without multiple D1 offers.

vCash

-3* OG Tyree Phillips- Huge JUCO offensive guard. 247 has him rated as the #1 JUCO OG in the nation.
    -3* S/CB Jaquarius Landrews- 6'2" 200 lb JUCO DB. 247 composite has him rated as the #6 JUCO safety in the nation.
    -3* S Landon Guidry- 6'1" 185 lb. 247 has him rated as an 88 and they #33 safety in the nation.
    -3* OT Cordavien Suggs- 6'7" 285. Rosebowl says he is the best OT Mullen has signed. Scout has him rated as the #37 OT in the nation with 35+ offers.
    -3* OG Josh Cooper- 6'7" 355 lb OG. It was reported that he was the best OL prospect in summer camps. Probable sign and place, but still a chance of getting in. #33 OG in the nation per 247
    -3* OT Montravious Richardson- 6'7" 300 lb. Seems to be a project. Can't coach size though.

When it's all said and done, Tyree Phillips and Montravious Richardson will be the only signees without multiple D1 offers.
    But unfortunately that's 2 of our 4 OL signees/commitments that are likely to qualify. Definite pattern here. By apparently not pulling either of Rhodes or Carty we REALLY need Cooper to get qualified. Otherwise, we are following up a 3 man OL signee class last year with a 4 man OL signee class this year. Won't take many of those guys not panning out and we will be hurting for numbers on the OL down the road. I mean if you are going to have to make a living on signing lower rated OL prospects you need to get enough of them to give yourself some cushion with guys that won't end up being real contributors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    But unfortunately that's 2 of our 4 OL signees/commitments that are likely to qualify. Definite pattern here. By apparently not pulling either of Rhodes or Carty we REALLY need Cooper to get qualified. Otherwise, we are following up a 3 man OL signee class last year with a 4 man OL signee class this year. Won't take many of those guys not panning out and we will be hurting for numbers on the OL down the road. I mean if you are going to have to make a living on signing lower rated OL prospects you need to get enough of them to give yourself some cushion with guys that won't end up being real contributors.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Not sure where you are getting those numbers from. We have 5 OL signees/commits right now, and 4 of them will make it for sure(Phillips, Champion, Richardson, Suggs) and Cooper has a decent shot at making it too. We tend to redshirt 95% of the OL we sign, so the OL we bring in are in reality replacing the upcoming seniors rather than the graduated seniors. So this class is in reality replacing the Offensive lineman that were juniors in the 2016 season, and we only have one in Rankin. When you actually look at the numbers, we aren't in as much trouble as most people seem to think. I expect atleast one of the two JUCO guys will redshirt next season, let's say it's Phillips that redshirts.

2017 Season:
    Redshirt Freshmen Sophomore Junior Senior
    M. Richardson D. Parker M. Story D. Calhoun M. Rankin
    C. Suggs S. Reese D. Williams R. Cochran
    J. Cooper? G. Eiland H. Moon E. Jenkins
    T. Phillips
    T. Champion

2018 Season:
    K. Johnson M. Richardson D. Parker M. Story D. Calhoun
    2018 recruit C. Suggs S. Reese D. Williams R. Cochran
    2018 recruit J. Cooper? G. Eiland H. Moon E. Jenkins
    2018 recruit T. Phillips T. Champion
    2018 JUCO

2018 is the key, gotta get another solid 5 guys and I think we will be in good shape going forward. The upcoming senior class is what's really killing us. We only have one rising senior and he was a JUCO guy. People bitched when Rankin was redshirted, but if he hadn't we would be screwed going into next year.

vCash
    Not sure where you are getting those numbers from. We have 5 OL signees/commits right now, and 4 of them will make it for sure(Phillips, Champion, Richardson, Suggs) and Cooper has a decent shot at making it too. We tend to redshirt 95% of the OL we sign, so the OL we bring in are in reality replacing the upcoming seniors rather than the graduated seniors. So this class is in reality replacing the Offensive lineman that were juniors in the 2016 season, and we only have one in Rankin. When you actually look at the numbers, we aren't in as much trouble as most people seem to think. I expect atleast one of the two JUCO guys will redshirt next season, let's say it's Phillips that redshirts.

2017 Season:
    M. Richardson D. Parker M. Story D. Calhoun M. Rankin
    C. Suggs S. Reese D. Williams R. Cochran
    J. Cooper? G. Eiland H. Moon E. Jenkins
    T. Phillips
    T. Champion

2018 Season:
    K. Johnson M. Richardson D. Parker M. Story D. Calhoun
    2018 recruit C. Suggs S. Reese D. Williams R. Cochran
    2018 recruit J. Cooper? G. Eiland H. Moon E. Jenkins
    2018 recruit T. Phillips T. Champion
    2018 JUCO

2018 is the key, gotta get another solid 5 guys and I think we will be in good shape going forward. The upcoming senior class is what's really killing us. We only have one rising senior and he was a JUCO guy. People bitched when Rankin was redshirted, but if he hadn't we would be screwed going into next year.
    Please email this data table to Mullen & Hev. Based on our OL recruiting over the last couple of years they may not know.

vCash
    don't get too caught up on "stars", buddy....

development is where it's at...***
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Great work, that's why I joined here!!! Keep it up...

vCash

One thing about this team with this list, the first list you shared added to the roster, we will have to put extra air in the bus tires cause when we roll up to a stadium on Saturdays nothing but GROWN MEN going to step offf

Banned
    vCash
    I believe we end up getting all 3 on Gay, Bowie and Odom. Also, it's comical at this point how the CL mentions all of the guys as 3* except Gay and Bowie. They just want give us any credit. And that's fine with me!

I also heard that recruits in Oxford were upset this past weekend when they found out that Taco Bell was no longer open Inn oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I believe we end up getting all 3 on Gay, Bowie and Odom. Also, it's comical at this point how the CL mentions all of the guys as 3* except Gay and Bowie. They just want give us any credit. And that's fine with me!

I also heard that recruits in Oxford were upset this past weekend when they found out that Taco Bell was no longer open Inn oxford.
    Do yourself a favor. Stop reading the CL. I canceled subscription and haven't looked at the online version in over a year. It's great not reading their propaganda.

vCash
    Enrolled:
    S Brian Cole- 4*(ESPN)

Committed:

DE Aaron Odom- 4*(Scout)

I thought several of these counted back to the 2016 class but I don't see them listed that way on 247. How does that work...I don't understand. I also noticed that our class rank for the 16' class is up to 29...about where Mullen typically recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Stop reading the CL. I canceled subscription and haven't looked at the online version in over a year. It's great not reading their propaganda.
    For all the truth the CL prints they might as well start writing articles about Hitler, The Loch Ness Monster, and Bigfoot being caught up in a love triangle on the UFO they are orbiting earth in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    For all the truth the CL prints they might as well start writing articles about Hitler, The Loch Ness Monster, and Bigfoot being caught up in a love triangle on the UFO they are orbiting earth in.
    For me it had gotten to the point where when State accomplished something good (or great) I dreaded getting the CL the next day because I didn't want to see how they were going to downplay, ignore, or passively ridicule it. I realized I didn't have to and canceled my subscription. It's sad how far that "sports section" has fallen and how they have allowed a small contingent lead their paper by the nose to irrelevancy. Have to protect the Old South there I guess...