Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's TSUN Fluff Piece

vCash

ESPN's TSUN Fluff Piece

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/...tigation-limbo

Pretty much saying NCAA should make a decision because it's killing TSUN. No cheating is killing them. Stop cheating and the NCAA can stop finding new shit to investigate.

Lol at the John Perry interview in there. He's a big of a homer for Ole Miss as anyone else.

vCash
    Right on Schedule. I wonder if Ed Asshoff just writes this stuff and gives it to his co-workers so people don't know it's just him trying to diversify sources?
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 01-27-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Alex Scarborough wrote it.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Pearl (Mississippi) High School coach John Perry, who hosted a Michigan satellite camp with Jim Harbaugh last summer, said recruits are intelligent and are aware the investigation is “hanging out there.”

“And you know other folks are using that against them,” Perry said. “But it can’t be productive. I know Coach Freeze and them do a great job of recruiting, but there’s no way in the world that it can help them with the cloud over them. … Everyone is in a quandary about what’s going to happen. You can’t blame the athletes for second-guessing. Look at Cam Akers. ‘Are we going to go to a bowl game or not?’ That’s a natural question they’re asking themselves.”

vCash
    It is killing Ole Miss not to be able to cheat their way to top 5 recruiting.

vCash
    I really hope this thing drags out another year or so. This is hurting them just as bad.

vCash

vCash
    Looks like he failed to mention that unm is the one dragging it out-requesting extensions and continuing to cheat.

vCash
    Boo mother ****ing Hoo...
    Attached Images Attached Images

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Alex Scarborough wrote it.
    That's just what they want you to think.

vCash
    Honestly, if this is suppose to be the big pro-piece that helps them salvage something this cycle, it's pretty weak. Kind of comes off as whiny, poor UNM the victim, desperation but to me it kind of falls flat and short.

vCash
    Did I miss the "never-ending reporting on the subject" that HF is reportedly numb to? I could have sworn that the CL hasn't touched it and there has been less than ten or so articles on the subject over the entire time of the investigation. What are they talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Honestly, if this is suppose to be the big pro-piece that helps them salvage something this cycle, it's pretty weak. Kind of comes off as whiny, poor UNM the victim, desperation but to me it kind of falls flat and short.
    Agreed. Pointing out that their recruiting is suffering b/c of the ncaa is kind of a "no shit" topic anyway.

vCash
    My thoughts exactly. If anything, this piece will show recruits that this won't be over any time soon. After reading it I actually thought this may hurt their recruiting even more honestly.

Banned
    vCash
    "Other wise just leave these fine young men alone "

Banned
    vCash
    And it also shines even more national light on an issue that they do not want to talk about right before signing day. "Please God let this be over with!" is probably the absolute last thing that potential recruits want to see. Personally, I love that this article came out and its pretty hilarious that anyone from OM thinks it helps them in any way.

vCash
    Please drag out for another year. That would be so awesome.

Banned
    vCash
    Doesn't espn have a high ranking confed on board?

Banned
    vCash
    I know we can and will have differing opinions, but I don't see this as a fluff piece at all! He is just saying that the process dragging out and uncertainty of it all is hurting them. And he says there is a real perception of cheating but they just want to get their penalties and move on. There was no denial of wrongdoing at all, just that the process being so long is crippling, but as was said, that is the fault of the Bears, NOT the NCAA.

vCash
    And there it is, as predicted.