Thread: CBS/247 leading bidder for Scout

vCash

CBS/247 leading bidder for Scout

Ian Wenik ‏@run_IMW

Source: http://Scout.com has paused its auction and will resume on Wednesday. CBS/247Sports.com remains the lead bidder.
    Wonder what that would mean for Scout

vCash
    So that would be Gene Murray Rosebowl Paul Robbie?

Who pray tell does that pair up in Oxford?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    So that would be Gene Murray Rosebowl Paul Robbie?

Who pray tell does that pair up in Oxford?
    David Johnson and Yancy...that actually fits those socio-homers

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Wonder what that would mean for Scout
    Scout would cease to exist within the next year & they would merge. I think you would see Steve go independent before he joins 24/7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Scout would cease to exist within the next year & they would merge. I think you would see Steve go independent before he joins 24/7.

this is my thought as well. Gene's Page probably has the subscriber base to be independent.

vCash
    Agreed. Steve has a pretty good following especially with all the NCAA stuff. Maybe he could get the MSU rivals site up and going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Agreed. Steve has a pretty good following especially with all the NCAA stuff. Maybe he could get the MSU rivals site up and going.
    I think this would be the best move. It's so hard to be independent without a player database. Rivals MSU probably could be had for cheap & keep a major database behind it.

vCash
    I think this would be the best move. It's so hard to be independent without a player database. Rivals MSU probably could be had for cheap & keep a major database behind it.

It probably look something like Bulldawg Junction. Most people are paying for the info the writers bring more so than a data base with stars next to a kids name.

vCash
    Wonder if they would welcome a third partner to help them build their own technology and stay independent. Anyone got their contact info?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Wonder if they would welcome a third partner to help them build their own technology and stay independent. Anyone got their contact info?

there's an 'email Gene Swindoll' link that takes you to this email swindoll@maxxsouth.net

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Well Gene is about to retire & Steve is becoming sole owner so may want to talk to him if this ever happens.

vCash
    Well Gene is about to retire & Steve is becoming sole owner so may want to talk to him if this ever happens.
    Maybe the owners of this board should look to team up with Steve?? It would be OM's worst nightmare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Since Steve's Twitter hack has he brought anything concerning the NCAA investigations? Or is he sitting on most info he gets now for his book? I think ED has been the only maroon source for NCAA news in a while...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Maybe the owners of this board should look to team up with Steve?? It would be OM's worst nightmare.

The majority of GP posters would get eaten alive here.

vCash
    He is for sure sitting on it for the book, which is smart.

vCash
    So last week I signed up for Scout's "9 months for the price of 1" deal. It sounded too good to be true.... now I know why.

vCash
    Yea, its a shame Rivals isn't the one going away because they bring nothing to the table as far as MSU is concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Since Steve's Twitter hack has he brought anything concerning the NCAA investigations? Or is he sitting on most info he gets now for his book? I think ED has been the only maroon source for NCAA news in a while...

He drops bits and pieces here and there. Like today he said that OM got caught again with a booster on an in home visit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    The majority of GP posters would get eaten alive here.
    Like cannibals coming to Sunday dinner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    He drops bits and pieces here and there. Like today he said that OM got caught again with a booster on an in home visit.
    Any idea how they got caught? If true, that would really be a dumb thing to do.