Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Bowie

vCash

DD Bowie

An article from SDS that I shan't link quoted Bowie saying he already knows where he's going and wishes he could sign now.

vCash
    Article in CL said the same:

MORTON - Most observers will find out D.D. Bowie's college destination on Wednesday when he announces his decision between Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU and Alabama on national signing day.

But the Morton four-star athlete and Ole Miss commit already has his mind made up.

"It's been crazy. I got Ole Miss coming hard and Mississippi State coming hard at me," Bowie told The Clarion-Ledger Wednesday. "I really just wish today was signing day, so I can go ahead and get it over with.

"I know (where I'm going), I know."

Bowie is the third-highest rated player in the state of Mississippi and the No. 120 overall prospect in the country, according to the 247 Sports Composite rankings. He has been committed to Ole Miss for more than a year.

But Mississippi State has been making a strong push lately for Bowie and the 6-foot-1, 170-pound receiver visited Starkville last weekend. Bowie would likely be a receiver for MSU and would have an opportunity for playing time early on.

Bowie is set to visit Ole Miss this weekend. He said Rebels coaches will make an in-home visit on Wednesday night, while Mississippi State coaches are slated for an in-home visit with Bowie on Thursday.

Ole Miss running backs coach Derrick Nix was on Morton's campus Wednesday morning.

"Ole Miss, I like because I like coach (Hugh) Freeze. He believes in me and believes I can come there and do big things for them," Bowie said. "And coach Nix, I look up to him.

"Mississippi State, I like coach G (receivers coach Billy Gonzales). He and I, we got close pretty fast. Malik Dear, he and I had a good time (when I was there). He doesn't really talk and I don't talk a lot, so that's how we got close."

Bowie spent a lot of time playing quarterback as a senior at Morton. He rushed for 2,239 yards and 34 TDs, passed for 557 yards and three TDs and also had 12 catches for 137 yards and two TDs.

If he goes to Ole Miss, he said he'd play on the defensive side of the ball.

"If I go to Ole Miss, I'm not playing receiver. I want to play (defensive back)," Bowie said. "I was just looking at their roster and they graduated like four cornerbacks and I played cornerback, so I think I can play that."

Bowie recorded 13 tackles, an interception and a sack in 2016.

He was originally committed to Alabama before he flipped to Ole Miss in October 2015.

vCash
    Sounds like if he wants to play wr, he'll be here. If he wants to play db, he'll go there

vCash
    If it's us, why bother to visit UNM? Not getting my hopes up. Maybe playing WR for us "Thrumps" probation and playing DB at UNM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If it's us, why bother to visit UNM? Not getting my hopes up. Maybe playing WR for us "Thrumps" probation and playing DB at UNM.
    Yeh I don't like that he is visiting UM this weekend. He will have more co eds on his dick than Hugh Hefner. But I don't blame him, why not go make some money and smash some hoes then go to a school that's not going on probation

vCash
    This is the first I've heard about him playing DB. Did he say he'd rather play DB, or I'm I reading it wrong?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Sounds like he's going to OM. Why mention you want to play DB if you go to OM, but no mention of what you want to do at MSU? No Mullen love either.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This is the first I've heard about him playing DB. Did he say he'd rather play DB, or I'm I reading it wrong?
    I thought that was common knowledge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sounds like if he wants to play wr, he'll be here. If he wants to play db, he'll go there
    Sounds like he's decided on OM ... wants to play defense, and sees a cornerback opening there. I would think he could do the same for us.

vCash
    I doubt MSU would be recruiting him as a WR if he wanted to play DB. That makes no sense due to many thinking DB is his best long term spot. If Bowie wanted to play DB I believe MSU would gladly be recruting him as a DB. Think about the logic here

Additionally, he can always move to DB after playing reciever. Seems obvious that most players would want to exhaust that option first. Not sure I've ever heard of a high school player choosing to play DB over WR. That's like choosing to play TE over QB. Doesn't happen
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-25-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I doubt MSU would be recruiting him as a WR if he wanted to play DB. That makes no sense due to many thinking DB is his best long term spot. If Bowie wanted to play DB I believe MSU would gladly be recruting him as a DB. Think about the logic here

Additionally, he can always move to DB after playing reciever. Seems obvious that most players would want to exhaust that option first. Not sure I've ever heard of a high school player choosing to play DB over WR. That's like choosing to play TE over QB. Doesn't happen
    I agree. It sounds to me like his comments are geared toward what he is being recruited for and how he would fit if he chose to go whichever. The rosters dictate offense with us, defense with Umiss. Logically speaking. He knows where he wants to go, so going to Umiss makes no difference for the OV is what I get from it. If he were to commit to Dan tomorrow, I'd imagine he's a no show in Oxford. Just my opinion..

Plus he's a WR that said he thinks he could play CB. Here's to hoping he knows he can play WR and knows he has one option to do that. MSU.
    Last edited by JoseBrown; 01-25-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    I guess the approaching NCAA front doesn't mean so much, after all?

vCash
    I'd be shocked if we lost this recruiting battle.

Said no MSU fan ever.

vCash
    If I'm Mullen, I try to get that flip Thursday big time and tell DD to unofficially visit us this weekend to help recruit

vCash
    I think we've promised him a shot at wr first, thus the "Bowie would likely play wr"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'd be shocked if we lost this recruiting battle.

Said no MSU fan ever.
    It was never even a battle.

vCash
    If I'm Mullen, I try to get that flip Thursday big time and tell DD to unofficially visit us this weekend to help recruit
    Agree, I'm sure there will be an all out effort.

My question is: how does OM plan to make him feel better this weekend?

For a long time, I thought the entire thing was a fix & that OM would eventually talk him into not visiting MSU & he'd sign with OM. But after visiting us, it's clear that he is extremely worried about the NCAA situation & I'm not sure what OM could do this weekend to make him feel better.

Surely OM has already exhausted all means to make him happy & keep him from visiting MSU. Surely they've already told every lie about how everything will be fine with the NCAA, but it's clear he didn't buy it & thus visited MSU.

So what does OM do now? I'm sure they've already attempted all illegal methods as well.

I just didn't expect him to ever follow through and visit MSU.

vCash
    I think we've promised him a shot at wr first, thus the "Bowie would likely play wr"
    Exactly, which is why it would make no sense for him to "want to play DB" before trying WR first.

If he wanted to play DB, you would've hear any WR talk with MSU. It's not like MSU couldn't use an elite high school DB

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Easy answer. The "chicken tenders" up there are AMAZING!!
    No Signature

vCash
    Bowie played wr in ms-al all star game. Where did he play in army game?