Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What we are hearing....

vCash
    If the "brain trust" is even considering dragging this shat show on for one or more years then the second letter must be a bomb that will set them back for at least a decad or more. I bet that even the higher ups in the network never in there wildest dreams could have thought that it would get as bad as it has. That they are considering any legal action is laughable unless it's only used as a delaying tactic, but please, please try to take th NCAA to court. Maybe then they can apply for membership in the NAIA when the NCAA shows them the door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Why? Hopefully it drags on for another four plus years. This whole thing is quality entertainment and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The sanctions will come when they come but the waiting right now is hurting them almost as much as the penalties.
    Absolutely! I want this to drag out for at least another year. The longer they delay the investigation is almost like adding on a free year to the probation as we are seeing now.

vCash
    If it drags on that long I honestly fear some of their fan base will start performing seppuku in the grove.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    If it drags on that long I honestly fear some of their fan base will start performing seppuku in the grove.
    Why would that be bad?

Banned
    vCash
    To the people who want this to drag out, I'm not entirely sure that that is to our best interest because the longer it goes, the less shock value it holds, and recruits begin to lose interest and figure: "Hey, if it's gone this long and nothing's happened..."

vCash
    I'm interested to see how some of these pastors that have praised Freeze react to the truth of his cheating ways when all of this comes to a head. I know Chip Henderson at Pine Lake in Brandon had some nice things to say about ole Hugh. I think a few may be embarrassed after they see him for what he really is.

vCash
    This is why the Groove is so beautiful, blood sacrifices!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    To the people who want this to drag out, I'm not entirely sure that that is to our best interest because the longer it goes, the less shock value it holds, and recruits begin to lose interest and figure: "Hey, if it's gone this long and nothing's happened..."
    The problem with that is you have too many credible sources saying that it is going to happen. It's not message board rumor- it's going to happen at some point. It's way too risky for a player because it's kind of like building a house next to an active volcano. You may not know when the volcano is going to erupt, but you know it will be in the foreseeable future. And when it happens, your house will be burned down. As players commit to Ole Miss from this point going forward until sanctions are handed down, they run the risk of losing their scholarship or not being able to play for anything other than the Egg Bowl. If that happens, there is a very high risk that they will be left high and dry and have to go who knows where else.

Why would any recruit at this point in time risk that if they have other legit options and not have to worry about it?

vCash
    I doubt it's going to hurt his Christian persona much. He'll cycle through the old catch phases, "I may not understand God's plan, but it's perfect," "this is the work of satan, I'm standing strong," I have sinned, but see the errors of my ways," etc. Also, likely sleeze is insulated from this via low level assistant coarches, athletic officials and "rouge" boosters.

Also, in today's mega church Christian environment, it's not what you do, it's what you say.
    Last edited by greenbean; 01-26-2017 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    I'm interested to see how some of these pastors that have praised Freeze react to the truth of his cheating ways when all of this comes to a head. I know Chip Henderson at Pine Lake in Brandon had some nice things to say about ole Hugh. I think a few may be embarrassed after they see him for what he really is.
    I'm actually shocked that he has Christian based speaking arrangements for this upcoming year. I'll give Chip a pass for that speaking engagement happening before Tunsil's NFL Draft moment. And criticizing the football coach of a large part of your congregation publicly or privately probably would be a really bad move. Especially if they are as wacko as some Ole Miss fans who are known for trying to get people fired for posting something on a message board. I'd be surprised if he said anything other than nice things about Freeze.

In the end though, it won't be the minister's that look bad- it's going to be Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
    I doubt it's going to hurt his Christian persona much. He'll cycle through the old catch phases, "I may not understand God's plan, but it's perfect," "this is the work of satan, I'm standing strong," I have sinned, but see the errors of my ways," etc. Also, likely sleeze is insulated from this via low level assistant coarches, athletic officials and "rouge" boosters.

Also, in today's mega church Christian environment, it's not what you do, it's what you say.
    I think you are right. All I care about is that he is exposed as the cheater that he is. He'll be a good coach for Liberty University, Samford, or Mississippi College once the show cause lapses.

Edit to include EMCC (State to Sunday's vs. Hotty Toddy to Last Chance U) and Northwest Mississippi CC as options as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm actually shocked that he has Christian based speaking arrangements for this upcoming year. I'll give Chip a pass for that speaking engagement happening before Tunsil's NFL Draft moment. And criticizing the football coach of a large part of your congregation publicly or privately probably would be a really bad move. Especially if they are as wacko as some Ole Miss fans who are known for trying to get people fired for posting something on a message board. I'd be surprised if he said anything other than nice things about Freeze.
    In the end though, it won't be the minister's that look bad- it's going to be Freeze.
    Been a Pinelake member since 99. Up until the last couple of years when Chip feel under sleeze's spell, he took all kind of shots at UM from the pulpit, it didn't hurt the church at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
    Been a Pinelake member since 99. Up until the last couple of years when Chip feel under sleeze's spell, he took all kind of shots at UM from the pulpit, it didn't hurt the church at all.
    It was probably all in good humor. Plus there's a Pinelake campus in Oxford. You stand to alienate an entire campus if you publicly speak negatively about that fanbase or coach. Chip knows better.

vCash
    In regards to the 2nd NOA, just a few days ago an OM friend of mine that's in the same deer camp as me took Peyton Manning duck hunting the other day. He said he asked Peyton how bad it was going to be for the bears. And he said Peyton replied, "They're f***ed!!!!" I thought everyone would enjoy that especially coming from a Manning!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    In regards to the 2nd NOA, just a few days ago an OM friend of mine that's in the same deer camp as me took Peyton Manning duck hunting the other day. He said he asked Peyton how bad it was going to be for the bears. And he said Peyton replied, "They're f***ed!!!!" I thought everyone would enjoy that especially coming from a Manning!!
    Did he say Omaha first or do it in the nationwide jungle...Man those bears are 17ed as hell.

vCash
    Did he say Omaha first or do it in the nationwide jungle...Man those bears are 17ed as hell.
    I don't know man. I wasn't there. But I know it hurt my friends heart when he heard it. I will give him credit for having the balls to tell us MSU guys that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteLeaks View Post
    OM has received their 2nd letter and its nuclear.

Today, you have the talk shows of Mississippi attacking the NCAA trying to stir up Joe Fan into a frenzy against the NCAA. OM is going to now play victim and insist the NCAA is completely unfair in dealing with them vs the traditional power schools. The OM braintrust is considering a lawsuit against the NCAA using past cases and the complete randomness of the penalties. The problem with that now is the NCAA has clearly defined guidelines and a structure system for penalizing violations.

Prepare for more stalling and posturing on this to drag it out another possible year or two
    They have a 50something ranked recruiting class now. Next year that will drop to about 80something. The second NOA will be public and sophomores and freshmen (high school) are going to begin to reject their overtures. They will reel off three to four bad classes starting this year. Let them stall. Stall and whine but it will not make a lick of difference.

3 bad recruiting classes before the sanctions are read? 3 bad classes coupled with transfers before the sanctions are read? Oh please. Please. Please! Please stall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    It was probably all in good humor. Plus there's a Pinelake campus in Oxford. You stand to alienate an entire campus if you publicly speak negatively about that fanbase or coach. Chip knows better.
    Oh yeah, all in good fun. Chip is so good that bear fans overlooked the jokes at their expense, of which a few were brutal. Sleeze has attend several services at Pinelake Oxganisthan, that certainly helps with attendance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    lose interest and figure: "Hey, if it's gone this long and nothing's happened..."
    Among the average sec fan, there is already this assumption the Tunsil saga has been looked at and is over.

There needs to be something substantial from the NCAA to hit the news cycle to remind people, it isn't over.

Freeze is still viewed as this great man of faith. His name is headlined in this up coming Men of Memphis Christian conference in Memphis.

The NCAA needs to drop a bomb in the national news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think you are right. All I care about is that he is exposed as the cheater that he is. He'll be a good coach for Liberty University, Samford, or Mississippi College once the show cause lapses.

Edit to include EMCC (State to Sunday's vs. Hotty Toddy to Last Chance U) and Northwest Mississippi CC as options as well.
    Chad Kelley's assistant?