Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What we are hearing....

vCash

What we are hearing....

OM has received their 2nd letter and its nuclear.

Today, you have the talk shows of Mississippi attacking the NCAA trying to stir up Joe Fan into a frenzy against the NCAA. OM is going to now play victim and insist the NCAA is completely unfair in dealing with them vs the traditional power schools. The OM braintrust is considering a lawsuit against the NCAA using past cases and the complete randomness of the penalties. The problem with that now is the NCAA has clearly defined guidelines and a structure system for penalizing violations.

Prepare for more stalling and posturing on this to drag it out another possible year or two

vCash

And please God let them sue the NCAA!!!
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteLeaks View Post
    Prepare for more stalling and posturing on this to drag it out another possible year or two
    All the better. They're just extending their own punishment.

vCash
    Death by a thousand cuts! Let it drag out forever! They are killing their program and when the penalties finally come down it's gonna be even worse! They don't want to sue the NCAA because then everything comes out in open court and people could go to jail then. Lol at those idiots!

vCash

Today, you have the talk shows of Mississippi attacking the NCAA trying to stir up Joe Fan into a frenzy against the NCAA. OM is going to now play victim and insist the NCAA is completely unfair in dealing with them vs the traditional power schools. The OM braintrust is considering a lawsuit against the NCAA using past cases and the complete randomness of the penalties. The problem with that now is the NCAA has clearly defined guidelines and a structure system for penalizing violations.

I wouldn't be too heartbroken if they do stretch it out a couple more years. The entire time they will rail on the NCAA for stretching it out like they have been. I would imagine the longer it goes, the worse it will be. Because there will be more and more evidence surface. There will be more and more struggles recruiting. Then the possibility of subpoenas is just gravy...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    I don't care how long they delay the penalties, but I want the 2nd letter released like any minute

Banned
    vCash
    How in the hell can it drag out another year? Don't get me wrong. I like the 1st paragraph but I am starting to want to see some sanctions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    And please God let them sue the NCAA!!!
    As beautiful as it would be, there is no way that will happen.

85% of the UM fan base will want to bow up and threaten it. But they don't understand the ramification.

Giving deposition power to the NCAA given what they already have would in fact be suicide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    How in the hell can it drag out another year? Don't get me wrong. I like the 1st paragraph but I am starting to want to see some sanctions.
    Easily. OM can take up to 120 days to respond. There are other factors and motions that can be invoked to delay. Then if they file a delay in a court of law- you are looking at much longer as they build a court case

vCash
    But the fact they received a 2nd NOA will be made public in the coming days correct? Can that be hidden for a long length of time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    But the fact they received a 2nd NOA will be made public in the coming days correct? Can that be hidden for a long length of time?
    60 days isn't it?

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Why? Hopefully it drags on for another four plus years. This whole thing is quality entertainment and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The sanctions will come when they come but the waiting right now is hurting them almost as much as the penalties.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

85% of the UM fan base will want to bow up and threaten it. But they don't understand the ramification.

Giving deposition power to the NCAA given what they already have would in fact be suicide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Exactly! They don't want subpoenas flying around. Getting busted by the NCAA is one thing, going to jail is quite another.

vCash
    Easily. OM can take up to 120 days to respond. There are other factors and motions that can be invoked to delay. Then if they file a delay in a court of law- you are looking at much longer as they build a court case
    What about the first NOA? Does the NCAA add the first to the 2nd and let OM respond to both at 1 time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What about the first NOA? Does the NCAA add the first to the 2nd and let OM respond to both at 1 time?
    They responded to the first some time ago, did they not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    They responded to the first some time ago, did they not?
    OM responded, but there's been no penalty phase yet

vCash
    Send a copy to DD. And prepare for a "3rd letter" (yes, further amendments are coming).

vCash

Out-17n-standing!!! I wonder how many definitions of "nuclear" exist? Oh for more details...

But again, out-17n-standing!!!

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I think they want it to drag out as long as possible too. They probably feel like if they can drag it out until after the Sheavior is gone they would have won multiple championships and wouldn't care by then. I really feel like that bunch is stupid enough to have this mentality.
    No Signature