Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basketball guys, does Q legitimetely have a future in the NBA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I dont think he is quick enough. The last 2 games before tonight against really talented teams- he has just a good college player.

11/1 on 3-8 vs Tenn- 3 turnovers
    15/3 on 6-12 vs Kentucky- 3 turnovers

Good college player no doubt- just not elite...he'll make alot of money overseas
    This

Q is Timmy Bowers to me. Good player, but a fringe profile.

I actually think Lamar Peters is a better NBA prospect because he shows a combination of high level quickness & adequate shooting ability that allows him to create his own shot.

Peters is less glorified, less famous John Wall type
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    At 6'4 he's big enough to play at the 2 or SG & Q plays can play bigger than his size. Monta Ellis has made a nice living in the league at the 2 & he's 6'3. There are plenty of SG in the league around 6'4. Dwayne Wade is another. Eric Gordon, Dion Waiters, C. J. McCollum.
    Those guys are pretty much all elite athletes.

But I do think Q has a future in the NBA, he's just going to have to work really hard. I think the best comp for what he can be is Malcolm Brogdon, who was a 4-year player at Virginia, was drafted in the early 2nd round, and is now playing extremely well as a rookie in the NBA. Similar size, similar athleticism, and Weatherspoon is already a better shooter than Brogdon ever was in college, which is where he is making a big impact this year.

But people like to think the NBA is just full of insane athletes, and if you're not one or if you spent more than a couple years in college, you don't have much of a future. It's just not true. The NBA is evolving, and there is plenty of use for experienced, smart players who know how to play and can be efficient, even if they're not big-time athletes. The Warriors have Curry and now Durant, but they are full of guys who played several years in college and know what they're doing.

Q is already an elite shooter with a super-quick release. And while not an elite athlete, he's more athletic than he sometimes gets credit for. Again, he'll have to work, but he can play in the NBA.
    Last edited by smootness; 01-26-2017 at 09:21 AM.

vCash
    I think he can be, but he's not ready. Needs at least 1 more year. I like the Courtney Lee comparison too.

One glaring weakness I have noticed is his footwork. Q travels more than anyone on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    There is no way the NBA would have taken Bost. With his attitude toward teammates and coaches, and his cancerous behavior in the locker room, you have to have All-Star level talent to get a shot. No team was ever even going to consider putting up with him. Riley Benock stood a better chance of playing in the NBA than Bost. Hell, he basically dismantled our entire program because Stansbury wouldn't/couldn't get him under control, allowing his poison to spread among the other players. It all led to Rick Ray and now Ben Howland.
    Ah, I'm not the only one who knew the real cause then.

vCash
    I think Q makes it in the league. He's only been playing organized basketball 5 years and he's still learning the game. He has crazy potential to grow still. Per one NBA scout, he'll definitely be drafted next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ah, I'm not the only one who knew the real cause then.
    Everyone not in denial of reality knows as this point, it's been brought up plenty of times on the boards. You've still got some who insist on believing it was all sunshine and happiness until Renardo Sidney arrived and single-handedly dismantled the program. Ironic that there's a good chance Sidney would have been fine if not for the bad influences on him by certain teammates.