Thread: Weather Dawgs...

vCash

Weather Dawgs...

What are we looking at this weekend? On the Coast here, and we have been hearing about flooding rains and high winds, possible tornadoes tonight, but everything looking good right now. I see the stuff over in Texas and LA but is it looking as bad as they say or not? Thanks for any feedback, this is really one of the first places I look when there is a serious weather threat because of you guys.

vCash
    I'd say Hattiesburg and points south need to be alert tonight. All modes of severe weather possible including tornadoes, straightline winds to 80mph, and large hail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I'd say Hattiesburg and points south need to be alert tonight. All modes of severe weather possible including tornadoes, straightline winds to 80mph, and large hail.
    Really? Are you saying that stuff to the west will get here tonight or that it's going to form tonight on top of us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Really? Are you saying that stuff to the west will get here tonight or that it's going to form tonight on top of us?
    Just saw this but, yeah, gonna be a rough one tonight down there.

vCash
    Nader rolling through Petal now

vCash
    West of Collins has been wild!

vCash
    It has been over in Brookhaven as well. Don't know about the surrounding but my house has been rough. Waiting on power to be restored.

vCash
    Large tornado on the ground moving into Wayne county. This is a PDS! Lots of damage in Hattiesburg/Petal area.

vCash
    William Carey hit. Injurise reported.
    Petal and Hattirsburg hit hard.

vCash
    unfortunately, that storm really got its act together over hattiesburg.

vCash
    Several gas leaks around hattiesburg/petal area. Carey hit hard. Fire station destroyed as well. People trapped in homes in that area.

vCash
    Guy on our chase team lives in Hattiesburg. He was helping with initial search and rescue. It is bad down there. This was a strong to violent tornado.

This afternoon and tonight the threat shifts to north MS. Not sure the threat will be as big as last night.

vCash
    4 fatalities reported so far. Search and rescue still underway.

Banned
    vCash
    Live video from Hattiesburg is horrible. Major damage, death and injuries. Some people are still trapped or I accounted for.

vCash
    It kills me seeing that damage and hearing of the injuries and deaths. Everybody needs a way of being alerted of severe weather at night. Spend $30 and get a weather radio with SAME technology. Yes, it sucks being woke up at 3:00am for a flash flood warning, but small price to pay for something that could save your family's life. Don't depend on that alert from your phone. I chase and have probably spend more time under a tornado warning than everybody else on this board combined. My phone rarely alerts me to severe weather.

vCash
    That tornado went just north of my place, luckily it did no damage but Petal looked rough on my way to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Live video from Hattiesburg is horrible. Major damage, death and injuries. Some people are still trapped or I accounted for.
    Watching video from the Hattiesburg area on the Weather Channel. Kelly Williamson has live reports ... looks like a lot of damage in some very poor areas, and I'll bet a lot of them have no insurance. And as Kelly says, with more storms coming in tonight, there are many people who have absolutely no place to go.