Thread: Today's B & B Show...

vCash

Today's B & B Show...

Today's B & B Show was excruciating. Hadad spent the entire hour talking about football recruiting. I wish he would've brought Robbie or Steve on, but it was just him bitching. Granted, he certainly has plenty to bitch about and I've said some of the same things, but after a point it gets redundant.

It's like listening to my wife bitch about her friends. After about thirty minutes, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I have to say, "Enough. I get it."

I dunno. Maybe someone as high profile as Hadad within the fan community can make a difference with a rant like that. I suspect Mullen knows there's a problem, tried to address it with hires like Sirmon, and Linguist and it bit him in the ass. Will he try again, or revert back to Fat Dan Mullen and hire coaches in the Hevesy mold?

vCash
    The coaches don't give a shit what that fat bastard has to say. I will never listen to that pompous jackass talk about anything.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    "high profile"? I spit my drink on that one...
    No Signature

vCash
    While I agreed with most of what he was saying it probably was a show best kept for doing after signing day. At this point, at least for the fanbase that keeps up with football in detail in the offseason, all are well aware that Mullen and crew are not that great at the recruiting game. Most are also aware that the issue does hold us back from reaching certain goals with our football program and will continue to do so. However, at some point I guess it becomes like complaining about the weather. Bitching about it is not going to change anything. Mullen is not going to change his stripes in the recruiting game after now going on 9 years. That is why myself and others have said we are a 6-8 win (regular season) program under Mullen and won't vary off of that very often. And while that is actually, from a historical perspective, quite good for MSU it is a shame to think about "what if" Mullen was a plus recruiter as well because he is a dang good football coach. But there is no benefit in fantasizing about Mullen being a great recruiter any more than if you are fantasizing that your wife is a supermodel when she is not. Mullen is what he is at this point.

vCash
    Maybe the AD should have, in house compulsory seminars and let each of the coaches speak. Himself included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    "high profile"? I spit my drink on that one...
    I was eating lunch reading this and almost choked on my food laughing. Hadad has his own podcast and C34 still has a bigger audience than him, even though he's officially retired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    While I agreed with most of what he was saying it probably was a show best kept for doing after signing day. At this point, at least for the fanbase that keeps up with football in detail in the offseason, all are well aware that Mullen and crew are not that great at the recruiting game. Most are also aware that the issue does hold us back from reaching certain goals with our football program and will continue to do so. However, at some point I guess it becomes like complaining about the weather. Bitching about it is not going to change anything. Mullen is not going to change his stripes in the recruiting game after now going on 9 years. That is why myself and others have said we are a 6-8 win (regular season) program under Mullen and won't vary off of that very often. And while that is actually, from a historical perspective, quite good for MSU it is a shame to think about "what if" Mullen was a plus recruiter as well because he is a dang good football coach. But there is no benefit in fantasizing about Mullen being a great recruiter any more than if you are fantasizing that your wife is a supermodel when she is not. Mullen is what he is at this point.
    Who said my wife is not a supermodel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I was eating lunch reading this and almost choked on my food laughing. Hadad has his own podcast and C34 still has a bigger audience than him, even though he's officially retired.
    Not to make this a SPS vs. ED pissing match, but I don't see how anyone can argue with what I wrote. First, I wrote "high profile" not highest profile. Second, dude went from message board poobah, to fan site columnist, to internet radio host and general manager, and now accredited member of the Miss State media contingent. To go from joe blow fan to someone who interviews the athletic director is pretty decent.

Also, since I'm new(ish) here, fill me in on Coach34's media platform? Did he have a radio show or something? Last I heard he created this board (I think) and then I heard he was getting back into coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travis View Post
    Not to make this a SPS vs. ED pissing match, but I don't see how anyone can argue with what I wrote. First, I wrote "high profile" not highest profile. Second, dude went from message board poobah, to fan site columnist, to internet radio host and general manager, and now accredited member of the Miss State media contingent. To go from joe blow fan to someone who interviews the athletic director is pretty decent.

Also, since I'm new(ish) here, fill me in on Coach34's media platform? Did he have a radio show or something? Last I heard he created this board (I think) and then I heard he was getting back into coaching.
    He's progressed for sure, but C34 got more listeners on one episode of Bo Bounds than Hadad probably does in a year. Just saying. Last I heard, it was the most listened to show in the history of the Out of Bounds radio show. That said, Hadad has steadily climbed up and made the best of his media opportunities. I shouldn't have made this a 6-pack vs. elite thread. That wasn't my intent. I have a lot of respect for DS and don't mean anything negative towards his site. There's just a few MSU media personalities out there that act like they are the final say in MSU sports and it's always irked me. Some people enjoy the shock jock thing. Some don't.

And yeah, Coach34 is retired from message boarding... Won't see that name around here anymore.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Political Hack again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    And yeah, Coach34 is retired from message boarding... Won't see that name around here anymore.
    Yet the jackass that was behind the moniker is far from gone.

vCash
    I actually think hadad is good on radio. Don't always agree with him, but he does a good show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I actually think hadad is good on radio. Don't always agree with him, but he does a good show.
    Yep, he is entertaining on his show and has an opinion like any other MSU fan. Doesn't mean he is always right but I like the fact that he says what he feels and doesn't just gloss over everything like Carskadon does.