Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter douchebag Sirmon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Ahh ... everyone hates Sirmon and he's the sole reason we lost all the games last year. Just like Manny before him and Collins before him. And now he done stole one of our 'cruits from us, from our very own backyard, and he ain't playing nice. Hate to say it but Sirmon ain't nowheres near Saban, not sure how he can still do that no matter what he says. Lville is a lot farther away than TTown too.

Not saying Sirmon is good or will be good ... but Manny and Collins are pretty decent.
    Uh no. Have you watched us the last 7 seasons. Grouping collins and Dian's product with sirmon's is an insult to the two former. We actually won games because of Diaz and Collins's defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Uh no. Have you watched us the last 7 seasons. Grouping collins and Dian's product with sirmon's is an insult to the two former. We actually won games because of Diaz and Collins's defenses.
    I forgot to add these ****. Yes I have and yes you are correct. I lot of folks have no use for the former 2 DCs tho.

Sirmon's D was no doubt crap ... but 3 of the games we lost early in the year were due to the offense more than the D. USA, LSU, and BYU. Certainly USA & BYU were 2 without a doubt. Dan and his high flyin offense should have put 40+ up on both of those teams.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Coaches need to think of the future not the now. Hell I suspect Dan will leave one day and it will be a big time program so why would Sermon burn a bridge?
    That bridge was pretty much engulfed in a car-swallowing inferno by the time Arkansas was kneeling it out on our 5 yard line. All he is doing now with his comments is roasting marshmellows over the flames.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    That bridge was pretty much engulfed in a car-swallowing inferno by the time Arkansas was kneeling it out on our 5 yard line. All he is doing now with his comments is roasting marshmellows over the flames.
    To me, Samford was equally as embarrassing even though we won. There were several times when they had four receivers to one side and we only had three defenders on the same side. If they weren't I-AA caliber talent wise that game would have been even worse.

vCash
    We played the 2016 schedule without a defensive coordinator.

We suck at recruiting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me, Samford was equally as embarrassing even though we won. There were several times when they had four receivers to one side and we only had three defenders on the same side. If they weren't I-AA caliber talent wise that game would have been even worse.
    Yep. Generally speaking, giving up 600 yards to an FCS school is a sub-optimal situation.

vCash
    Any kid that follows Sirmon to Louisville didn't watch his shitaholic defensive coordinating.

vCash
    It was no doubt embarrassing. What's worse tho ... our D performance against UMass or our O gaining only 382 yds and scoring only 20 points against a team that didn't even have a football program till 2009? This when we have an offensive coordinator that has developed every great college QB in recent history *****

vCash
    Sirmon is in a unique position. He could be 1 and done two years running at DC and end up being a position coach the rest of his career.

vCash
    That was bad. This is not a defense of our performance, But you have to credit Chris Hatcher at Stamford. He is from the Mumme/Leach coaching tree and they have proven over and over again that they can create freakishly productive offenses at random, out of the way schools.

vCash
    It was no doubt embarrassing. What's worse tho ... our D performance against UMass or our O gaining only 382 yds and scoring only 20 points against a team that didn't even have a football program till 2009? This when we have an offensive coordinator that has developed every great college QB in recent history *****
    What's sad is I forgot about that one. South Alabama was more about Dan's personnel management than his play calling though. At least Dan decided to go with the better QB from that point forward. When he got the right RB out there- he looked even smarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That was bad. This is not a defense of our performance, But you have to credit Chris Hatcher at Stamford. He is from the Mumme/Leach coaching tree and they have proven over and over again that they can create freakishly productive offenses at random, out of the way schools.
    Except Georgia Southern. I'll just say if you are the coach at Samford and MSU is going to give you an obvious advantage on one side of the field you would be a fool to not take it. They shouldn't have scored more than 21.

Edit to say I hope Hatcher turns them into the Southern Baptist Notre Dame and wins some titles there.

vCash
    What's sad is I forgot about that one. South Alabama was more about Dan's personnel management than his play calling though. At least Dan decided to go with the better QB from that point forward. When he got the right RB out there- he looked even smarter.
    Not arguing at all that the D sucked. I don't know but I personally think Sirmon felt like he made a mistake by about the 4th or 5th game.

What I believe I know and why I ain't on the hate Sirmon bandwagon:

1) Dan and Manny had package deal to Miami, but Dan's part fell through (not sure on this tho).
    2) Dan scrambles and hires an up and comer. Sirmon's resume looks pretty decent, but he never been a DC. He accepts job no questions asked (without researching it much) cause of #1 for 5 weeks, it's a promotion, etc. (just a guess here, have no clue).
    3) For whatever reason the whole rest of the D staff leave or are let go.
    4) Sirmon has had nothing to do with his player personnel nor (I believe) all of the D staff replacements. His safeties coach is iffy to me, but Baker looks real good and I'm very confident in TBuck.
    5) So Sirmon has a whole new staff and a whole new group of (some are somewhat inexperienced) players, all of which he had virtually no input on.
    6) He is installing a whole new scheme (and it seems like that was what Dan was looking for)
    7) He loses both starting CBs before the season.
    8) Richie Brown (the player leader of your D) plays 2 hand touch all year long (I honestly don't know why he wasn't sat down).
    9) 1st 3 games of the year weren't horrendous, but it goes way south from there.
    10) The players playing for him are on their 3rd DC in 3 years and all have new position coaches too.

I believe Sirmon was in a bad situation due to a combination of events. Not sure if he'll ever be a stellar DC, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he turned out pretty decent.

ETA: And who knows, maybe he was told or realized Dan's whole goal is to get MSU good enough so he can get an NFL offer. Not saying that's true but I don't know for sure, if that is what he is telling recruits.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-19-2017 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Not arguing at all that the D sucked. I don't know but I personally think Sirmon felt like he made a mistake by about the 4th or 5th game.

What I believe I know and why I ain't on the hate Sirmon bandwagon:

1) Dan and Manny had package deal to Miami, but Dan's part fell through (not sure on this tho).
    2) Dan scrambles and hires an up and comer. Sirmon's resume looks pretty decent, but he never been a DC. He accepts job no questions asked (without researching it much) cause of #1 for 5 weeks, it's a promotion, etc. (just a guess here, have no clue).
    3) For whatever reason the whole rest of the D staff leave or are let go.
    4) Sirmon has had nothing to do with his player personnel nor (I believe) all of the D staff replacements. His safeties coach is iffy to me, but Baker looks real good and I'm very confident in TBuck.
    5) So Sirmon has a whole new staff and a whole new group of (some are somewhat inexperienced) players, all of which he had virtually no input on.
    6) He is installing a whole new scheme (and it seems like that was what Dan was looking for)
    7) He loses both starting CBs before the season.
    8) Richie Brown (the player leader of your D) plays 2 hand touch all year long (I honestly don't know why he wasn't sat down).
    9) 1st 3 games of the year weren't horrendous, but it goes way south from there.
    10) The players playing for him are on their 3rd DC in 3 years and all have new position coaches too.

I believe Sirmon was in a bad situation due to a combination of events. Not sure if he'll ever be a stellar DC, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he turned out pretty decent.

ETA: And who knows, maybe he was told or realized Dan's whole goal is to get MSU good enough so he can get an NFL offer. Not saying that's true but I don't know for sure, if that is what he is telling recruits.

Package deal is thAt sir mom is a giant ****** that has no balls to put a kid in check. Kids don't even understand how to tackle under that guy. Funk him and that west coast sunshine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    Package deal is thAt sir mom is a giant ****** that has no balls to put a kid in check. Kids don't even understand how to tackle under that guy. Funk him and that west coast sunshine.
    Not arguing they didn't tackle well. Everyone said same about Manny last year. This year Manny had a top 20 D.

Year before he came back to MSU he had a top 35 D at La. Tech and his OOC schedule included Auburn and Oklahoma.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-19-2017 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He'll do a lot better in the ACC.
    That's a dumb thing to say considering how terrible sec QBs were on the whole this year. I know y'all like to blindly fluff up the sec and hate on other every other conference, but facts are facts.

vCash
    Except Georgia Southern. I'll just say if you are the coach at Samford and MSU is going to give you an obvious advantage on one side of the field you would be a fool to not take it. They shouldn't have scored more than 21.

Edit to say I hope Hatcher turns them into the Southern Baptist Notre Dame and wins some titles there.
    Georgia Southern was a bad marriage from the start. The wishbone is so ingrained in their DNA there was no way they would give Hatch enough time to build for the Air Raid. Their new coach may fail for the same reason.

Interestingly, Brunswick High just poached Hatch's top target when he was QB at Valdosta to be the new HC. In his opening presser, dude said since BHS are the Pirates, his plan was to build a team that would "swing their swords". Loved the Leach swagger!

vCash
    Clemson & FSU in same division too. Gotta play them every year. From a defensive standpoint that may be worse than facing Bama every year.

ETA: Dabo & Jimbo can actually develop QBs along with WRs, RBs, and Olinemen too.
    Dabo and Jimbo don't know shit about developing QBs, WRs or RBs. They just recruit exceptional talent.

vCash
    Is telling our recruits that Dan is leaving in the next couple of years. 17 that guy and I hope his ass continues to get lit up by people like Samford.
    Petrino is the guy that can't stay in one place for long - not Dan

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    17 that useless piece of shit so called DC...