Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic melt over Aaron Odom

vCash

Epic melt over Aaron Odom

I'm disappointed in how things seem to be shaping up, but this is over the top. We still have a shot at gay, bulovas, and carty. We also have some pretty good players OVing over the next 2 weeks.

If you need something to get you over Aaron Odom, here's a few names to help...

Key Thompson
    Rivers
    Cole
    Abrams
    Autry
    Pope
    Champion
    Sweat
    Jackson
    Hill
    Suggs

Those are some dang good football players. Wrap up gay, bulovas, olineman, and wr and this class is a success imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm disappointed in how things seem to be shaping up, but this is over the top. We still have a shot at gay, bulovas, and carty. We also have some pretty good players OVing over the next 2 weeks.

Key Thompson
    Rivers
    Cole
    Abrams
    Autry
    Pope
    Champion
    Sweat
    Jackson
    Hill
    Suggs

Those are some dang good football players. Wrap up gay, bulovas, olineman, and wr and this class is a success imo
    To me this is much bigger than Odom. This is the constant situations where not only do we get a decommit, but we aren't able late in the game to either replace them or get another recruit.

Now to your point, the number of kids who decommit from us and go on to be successful is very very small. But we can't have a kid decommit from us on a Wednesday night in the middle of January and go to Louisville, which is a school that just hired our fired DC. Not only does it look bad, but it follows a pattern from seemingly every year of us being able to hold on to guys we commit very early in the process.

vCash

Key Thompson
    Rivers
    Cole
    Abrams
    Autry
    Pope
    Champion
    Sweat
    Jackson
    Hill
    Suggs

This is aggravating me more than Odom. All the Olinemen seem to be moving away from us and we're reaching yet again. Unless something has changed in the last day or so.

At the end of the year we're full court pressing on 4* or better LBs, DLs, Safeties and the like and we get those somewhat often (Lewis, Simmons). Why do we almost never seem to be full court pressing on a 4* Oline or WR recruit.

vCash

Key Thompson
    Rivers
    Cole
    Abrams
    Autry
    Pope
    Champion
    Sweat
    Jackson
    Hill
    Suggs

You act like we've shown the propensity to pull in all these late guys? I'm not seeing it. Yeah we pulled a rabbit out of the hat last year with Simmons. But we also lost Brown, Lashley, and Raekwon last year.
    Louisville now has two dandy dozen players that we thought we were getting. I think a little bit of melt is warranted.

Also, what makes you confident that we can close on Willie Gay? The last like 15 cb's have all gone to LSU (genuinely asking, not confrontational)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    You act like we've shown the propensity to pull in all these late guys? I'm not seeing it. Yeah we pulled a rabbit out of the hat last year with Simmons. But we also lost Brown, Lashley, and Raekwon last year.
    Louisville now has two dandy dozen players that we thought we were getting. I think a little bit of melt is warranted.

Also, what makes you confident that we can close on Willie Gay? The last like 15 cb's have all gone to LSU (genuinely asking, not confrontational)
    I've never said we'd pull gay. I said "we have a shot". We got Leo at the end too

vCash
    In a year in which OM is a complete dumpster fire and about to go on probation- we have ONE of the top 14 rated players in Mississippi committed to us.

ONE

OF

FOURTEEN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    In a year in which OM is a complete dumpster fire and about to go on probation- we have ONE of the top 14 rated players in Mississippi committed to us.

ONE

OF

FOURTEEN
    True, but it's a down year in the Sip. No big time WR's. Hev missed on Charles per usual. No big time D-linemen. No big time corners. We got our RB. We should get Gay.

vCash
    It's not 1 of 14 down

vCash
    Is Rivers going to get into school?

vCash

ONE

OF

FOURTEEN
    Kinda like the Dandy Dozen, history says overall it sucks for Mississippi, rather have 3 star player from Al, La, Ga or Florida.

vCash
    Some of the biggest ******s post on this board.

vCash
    It's not 1 of 14 down
    Re rank top 14 in Mississippi including JUCOs... I bet we do much better on that list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Kinda like the Dandy Dozen, history says overall it sucks for Mississippi, rather have 3 star player from Al, La, Ga or Florida.
    Absolutely!!! Miss players are generally overrated. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    To me this is much bigger than Odom. This is the constant situations where not only do we get a decommit, but we aren't able late in the game to either replace them or get another recruit.

Now to your point, the number of kids who decommit from us and go on to be successful is very very small. But we can't have a kid decommit from us on a Wednesday night in the middle of January and go to Louisville, which is a school that just hired our fired DC. Not only does it look bad, but it follows a pattern from seemingly every year of us being able to hold on to guys we commit very early in the process.
    Did it ever occur to any of you that he LIKED Sirmon and followed him to Louisville. That's sure what it looks like to me. I wouldn't want to play for the guy but to each his own.

vCash

ONE

OF

FOURTEEN
    He isn't Stans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Absolutely!!! Miss players are generally overrated. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.
    Wait, I thought we have said over and over on here that we have to build our team with MS players. Now since we are getting our teeth kicked in by out of state schools, now in state recruits don't matter? If in state recruits don't matter, then we are truly screwed, because we can't recruit blue chip talent out of state for shit.

vCash
    We still have a shot at the 2nd and 3rd best players in the state in gay and hill. After the top 5 in the state, which ones are big time talents?

vCash

ONE

OF

FOURTEEN
    That is simply awful. And one reason to show why in my mind is Odom. The d-coord's change places, and as far as I know we decided his commitment would stand till we get him on campus to lock him down. We should've been on the road full court pressing all defensive commitments and targets with Grantham introducing himself. As far as I know text messages and Twitter dm's were the most of our communication. We have given most the cold shoulder strategy lately, and they're falling out of love with us.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Odom's best bud plays football for UL, he said that was the reason He OV'ed UL last weekend. Sirmon saw his chance and put the hard sell on the kid. It just happens that way sometimes. There was probably nothing we could have done about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Did it ever occur to any of you that he LIKED Sirmon and followed him to Louisville. That's sure what it looks like to me. I wouldn't want to play for the guy but to each his own.
    I believe one of the 247 guys credited UL's D-line coach with flipping him.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......