Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do not give up on Odom yet..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Saban doesn't bank schollies. He just processes the guys who don't cut it or if he can replace with better guys.
    I know, but we aren't Bama and Mullen ain't Saban. And we keep our processing to a minimum.

Everyone complains about our recruiting and so do I, but we're not as far off as people think. We just need to improve O-line recruiting and we need to sign 1 legit WR every year. We have also struggled at Corner recently. Bottom line, 1 WR, 1 or 2 corners and 2 or 3 more Olinemen and we are good to go. And I'm not talking about 5 star O-linemen. I'm talking about 3 star guys with legit Power 5 offers. Folks, that's not too much to ask.

vCash

Dear Gawd....

Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    I totally agree......you would think a $4.5 Million salary would make your level of enthusiasm and your work ethic go up but in Mullen's case there has been an inverse relationship......he wore shorts at the So, Alabama game, shorts!
    Mississippi State fans will bitch about ANYTHING. WHO THE **** CARES? Have you seen how Bill Belichick dresses for games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Let's tweak the sales pitch just a bit.
    Tell the coaches, not us. haha..

you preaching to the choir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    People got way too worked up over Odom. The only de-commits that would bother me are Kylin Hill and Suggs.

The problem with this class is O-line(recurring theme), and WR(recurring theme).

We will tell Odom what we've said all along. He will need to redshirt, work hard, and crack the 2 deep in 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He is in fact visiting this weekend.
    You think he's going to actually show up?

vCash
    If we still have a chance, it's good that everyone kept their cool and didn't do anything rash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    If we still have a chance, it's good that everyone kept their cool and didn't do anything rash.
    Nice

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    You think he's going to actually show up?

A commited recruit who is coming in this weekend said Odom would be here and it ain't over yet.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Seems like a long time ago when Mullen came to State vowing to get us to Atlanta, and we would be going through Tuscaloosa ringing our cowbells going to the SEC championship. He said he was going to clean up recruiting in Mississippi because "This is our State"... He came pretty close in '14, but failed to recruit enough top athletes for the OL, and refuses to change his OL coach to make us a true competitor for the championship. He also has done a mediocre job in recruiting, although he has brought in top flight QB's, and several other good athletes, but not enough to compete with top SEC programs. Regretfully, I don't believe any of us will ever see State in the championship game as long as Mullen is HC. We should reconcile ourselves to be satisfied with a 6,7, or 8 win season.

vCash
    I totally agree......you would think a $4.5 Million salary would make your level of enthusiasm and your work ethic go up but in Mullen's case there has been an inverse relationship......he wore shorts at the So, Alabama game, shorts!
    Hummm... January sign up. If the enforcer cared anymore he might look here.

vCash
    Guys, this one is over. The fact that this guy just posted this, is in fact more proof than a signed Letter of Intent.

Matt, do you have any playoff football locks you care to share with the board.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMq2YZloZM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Seems like a long time ago when Mullen came to State vowing to get us to Atlanta, and we would be going through Tuscaloosa ringing our cowbells going to the SEC championship. He said he was going to clean up recruiting in Mississippi because "This is our State"... He came pretty close in '14, but failed to recruit enough top athletes for the OL, and refuses to change his OL coach to make us a true competitor for the championship. He also has done a mediocre job in recruiting, although he has brought in top flight QB's, and several other good athletes, but not enough to compete with top SEC programs. Regretfully, I don't believe any of us will ever see State in the championship game as long as Mullen is HC. We should reconcile ourselves to be satisfied with a 6,7, or 8 win season.
    So 3 seasons better than that out of 8 (2 out of the last 3) didn't happen I guess.

By the way,I think I'm correct in saying we have only had 6 seasons in our entire history with better than 8 wins, half of them were under Mullen.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 01-19-2017 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Care to list the teams that HAVE made it to Atlanta the last 8 years? Did all of the others who haven't made it had coaches whose goal was NOT to get there? Have those programs had 7 straight years of 6 wins or more? Did any of them reach #1 in the country at any point? Do any of those teams join us in the top 3 in the SEC in total wins the last 3 years? Just wondering how those lists look compared to ours...might be interesting
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-19-2017 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    Well seemingly nobody has said much negative about Odom. Our coaching staff is catching the heat on this deserved or not. This decommit makes very little sense unless Odom is tied at the hip to a DC that showed to be terrible at running a defense. Actually, if Odom was a LB it might make a little more sense.

vCash
    OK? I wore shorts also, it was hot that day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    OK? I wore shorts also, it was hot that day
    .....and you are not being paid $4.5 Mill/yr to represent our institution and hopefully win football games.....what's he gonna do next, wear a tube top? LOL The point is it gives the appearance of not taking his responsibilities seriously and when you lose to lesser teams those kind of things stand out.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    .....and you are not being paid $4.5 Mill/yr to represent our institution and hopefully win football games.....what's he gonna do next, wear a tube top? LOL The point is it gives the appearance of not taking his responsibilities seriously and when you lose to lesser teams those kind of things stand out.
    Sun's out guns out brah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    So 3 seasons better than that out of 8 (2 out of the last 3) didn't happen I guess.

By the way,I think I'm correct in saying we have only had 6 seasons in our entire history with better than 8 wins, half of them were under Mullen.
    I know you feel you have to come to the rescue of any post you perceive as negative about Mullen, but what he said is exactly correct. Every word of it is right whether you like it or not.

vCash
    Sounds a little preppy on your part. If you are running an agenda, and need some fluff, try to find something better. To each his own. If he feels better wearing a suit or wearing shorts, I could care less. Funny how so many people want to take their "perceived" ideas of what goes on inside DM's head and make calculated comments that they know the problem.

My 'perception' is a bunch of you really dislike DM because he doesn't meet you for breakfast to discuss recruiting and game plans. You can't stand that he is smug with info and therefore you create your own theories of who done it. Its like a bunch of women on a gossip line.