Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last four years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Common sense says if you pay top 15-20 money for something you better start seeing top 15-20 results, or you make a change. Period.
    We don't pay top 15-20 money for our football program. Results in football are more than just the head coach...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    How could a national program like MSU with all its' resources not finish ahead of Bama, LSU, Auburn, & A&M every year? Pathetic. I mean, what do those schools offer that we don't?? They're cupcakes!! What is 7 straight bowl games, a stint at #1, and the best QB play in our school's history if we can't be ahead of those 4 cream puffs every year.
    Yep. 6-23 is totally acceptable cause we just poor ol State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We'd be 0-29 with Croom or Sherrill
    What would we have been with Jimbo Fisher- who was turned down by us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    What would we have been with Jimbo Fisher- who was turned down by us?
    I bet he's thanking God that deal didn't work out.

vCash
    How could a national program like MSU with all its' resources not finish ahead of Bama, LSU, Auburn, & A&M every year? Pathetic. I mean, what do those schools offer that we don't?? They're cupcakes!! What is 7 straight bowl games, a stint at #1, and the best QB play in our school's history if we can't be ahead of those 4 cream puffs every year??!!***

Just stop. Try thinking before posting. It's easy to throw out "tied for 5th/6th" without listing the top 4 or looking at the fact that with most coaches in the country, we're likely not tied for 5th/6th, but all alone in 7th.
    The facts are that Mississippi State is tied for 3rd among SEC teams in wins over the past 3 years. We should fire Dan for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well we pay bottom 6-7 money in west, so there you go
    Exactly, That'll leave a mark.

We have too many message board heroes that don't think about shit before diarrhea of the mouth begins. We all want a football National Championship, but 1) We probably aren't winning one any time soon, along with all but about 5 programs in FBS....2) Sustainined winning is the only way to build a Championship team unless you combine probation-esque recruiting with a great X&O guy & motivator, and win one before you get sanctioned. Clemson is doing it right now, but bc they're not Alabama or the SEC winning Titles everyone turns a blind eye.

Learn to enjoy being the best we've ever been, and bitch about how we can improve recruiting, etc...but the answer is NOT to wipe out everything and start over. And it's 100% moronic if anybody thinks so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    The facts are that Mississippi State is tied for 3rd among SEC teams in wins over the past 3 years. We should fire Dan for that.
    Another fact that kills narratives. Nice

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    forget finishing ahead of them -- it'd be a nice start to do better than 6-23. Thank goodness Arkansas/Auburn/Ole Miss have cycled being in the tank during his tenure
    Why were those 4 teams arbitrarily selected? Basically, we lose to Bama and LSU every year. 1-15 against them. That puts us at 5-8 against the other 2 teams, which isn't great but isn't terrible either considering the overall gap in resources. Its a Bama / LSU problem (elite talent schools), not a Bama / Auburn / LSU / A&M problem.

Really, its a matter of how we can close the gap against LSU and get to where we can beat them semi-regularly, because nobody is catching Bama until Saban retires. That is just the reality of it.

vCash
    How could a national program like MSU with all its' resources not finish ahead of Bama, LSU, Auburn, & A&M every year? Pathetic. I mean, what do those schools offer that we don't?? They're cupcakes!! What is 7 straight bowl games, a stint at #1, and the best QB play in our school's history if we can't be ahead of those 4 cream puffs every year??!!***

Just stop. Try thinking before posting. It's easy to throw out "tied for 5th/6th" without listing the top 4 or looking at the fact that with most coaches in the country, we're likely not tied for 5th/6th, but all alone in 7th.
    It's just like posting Mullen's record against the top 25 without mentioning half of those games against the top 25 are actually against the top 5.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You want to fire Dan Mullen? Holy shit.
    Please bold where I said that. I'm having a difficult time finding it.

Let me clarify since you only read what you want something to say.

Making as much as Mullen does he should be held accountable to recruit better. Period. It's apparent that he's not been held to any standard to this point. Maybe Cohen or Keenum will step in if this shit show closing continues until signing day.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    We don't pay top 15-20 money for our football program. Results in football are more than just the head coach...
    So you are gonna pay Mercedes money and be happy driving an impala leaking oil. A college head football coaches responsibilities include recruiting, which may be the top responsibility of all. It's inherently clear that our top 15-20 paid head coach does not work very hard in this very important area. The most important area we need to focus if we are to ever have a legitimate chance at Atlanta outside of a NFL rookie of the year QB on your team. When we battle CUSA and AAC twamsnfor rexruits, it's not that difficult to see why we continually finish 5-7th in the west.

Until Dan gets off his ass and starts recruiting st a $4.5 mil level we will stay where we are in the SEC pecking order while he collects a check.

Banned
    vCash
    Common sense says if you pay top 15-20 money for something you better start seeing top 15-20 results, or you make a change. Period.

Making as much as Mullen does he should be held accountable to recruit better. Period. It's apparent that he's not been held to any standard to this point. Maybe Cohen or Keenum will step in if this shit show closing continues until signing day.
    Ok, bolded it for you. Backtrack further outta your words next time I don't think you backed up enough in this last post.

vCash
    Eh your dealing with 18 year old kids, I would hate recruiting too. Pay me 4.5 million dollars a year and it would instantly be my favorite thing in the world. Slightly OT but at the end of the day having a job that relies primarily on the decision of 18 year old kids would absolutely be miserable. When I was 18 my mind would literally change from one hour to the next just on what I wanted to eat, much less any serious decisions.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Exactly, That'll leave a mark.

We have too many message board heroes that don't think about shit before diarrhea of the mouth begins. We all want a football National Championship, but 1) We probably aren't winning one any time soon, along with all but about 5 programs in FBS....2) Sustainined winning is the only way to build a Championship team unless you combine probation-esque recruiting with a great X&O guy & motivator, and win one before you get sanctioned. Clemson is doing it right now, but bc they're not Alabama or the SEC winning Titles everyone turns a blind eye.

Learn to enjoy being the best we've ever been, and bitch about how we can improve recruiting, etc...but the answer is NOT to wipe out everything and start over. And it's 100% moronic if anybody thinks so.
    Nobody is saying start over. People are saying that dan needs to get off his dick and start putting more effort into recruiting. That's it. Stop losing recruits we have no business losing. Start closing on better classes. Stop his bullshit Yankee attitude in recruits homes (a few have told me themselves that his turned them off). No one has held dan accountable in this area. Until someone does, I guess we can all enjoy the occasional bell or music city bowls. We don't need much more talent to get over the hump on the field, but we aren't getting he required effort in recruiting that is needed to bring in that talent.

vCash
    Nobody is saying start over. People are saying that dan needs to get off his dick and start putting more effort into recruiting. That's it. Stop losing recruits we have no business losing. Start closing on better classes. Stop his bullshit Yankee attitude in recruits homes (a few have told me themselves that his turned them off). No one has held dan accountable in this area. Until someone does, I guess we can all enjoy the occasional bell or music city bowls. We don't need much more talent to get over the hump on the field, but we aren't getting he required effort in recruiting that is needed to bring in that talent.
    Dude you are trying way too 17ing hard.

Dan needs to go....
    Our football program is an "Impala leaking oil"....
    Nobody holds Dan accountable....
    All we get is the "occasional bell [sic] or music city bowls...

holy crap

Banned
    vCash

So you are gonna pay Mercedes money and be happy driving an impala leaking oil. A college head football coaches responsibilities include recruiting, which may be the top responsibility of all. It's inherently clear that our top 15-20 paid head coach does not work very hard in this very important area. The most important area we need to focus if we are to ever have a legitimate chance at Atlanta outside of a NFL rookie of the year QB on your team. When we battle CUSA and AAC twamsnfor rexruits, it's not that difficult to see why we continually finish 5-7th in the west.

Until Dan gets off his ass and starts recruiting st a $4.5 mil level we will stay where we are in the SEC pecking order while he collects a check.
    You seem to have a real problem with how much money Dan Mullen makes. College football and NFL salary's are ridiculous everywhere. Know why? Cause anything that provides entertainment to billions of people makes a lot of money. Movies, music, sports and just about anything else in the entertainment business all make shit tons of money. If everyone else in the SEC paid their coach $1 million a year MSU would do the same. MSU didn't set the standard for SEC West coaches to get paid $5 million a year. We are forced to pay relatively close to that and we do because we have to. If Dan got paid $1 by each of us per every hour we consume MSU football by reading/posting/talking/watching he would make $5 billion a year not $5 million.

vCash
    What is wrong with saying we would like our head coach to find a way to recruit better athletes so that we can compete at an even higher level?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    What is wrong with saying we would like our head coach to find a way to recruit better athletes so that we can compete at an even higher level?
    Nothing when you say it like that.

vCash
    Bullshit. If we'd recruited halfway decent at OL during the 2011-2014 years we'd have a national championship. We would have been in running for playoffs again in 2015. Simply upgrading our recruiting ny a small margin and we would be looking st the 1st playoff champ trophy on Starkville.

It's not that hard to see how little of a recruiting bump we need to take that next step but our coaches don't care enough to do it. Plain and simple.
    I agree. There was a time when we could compete with those powerhouses every year. We can't now, because we can't or won't recruit good enough, and our HC doesn't seem to realize we have a major coaching and recruiting problem on the OL.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    IHC doesn't seem to realize we have a major coaching and recruiting problem on the OL.