Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We just have to accept fact in recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He also won 9 games with Relf and 8 with Tyler. It wasn't just Dak, who he developed. Throw out the first year setting up the program and he averages 8 wins a year for the last 7 years. He is better than a 6-6 coach
    He averages 7 not counting some cake bowl games added in. And that's with a cake OOC schedule too.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Sorry but Mullen is a great QB coach and keeper of a program. Keeps discipline in line and guys graduating. Everything else he's just meh. Just a guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That 2010 team that won 9 had 7 NFL players on the defense 3 all pros. None of whom committed to Mullen. He deserves every inch of credit for developing Dak and especially Fitz who I don't think has as much raw material as Dak, but Dan has turned into an ALL SEC caliber QB.

In fact, if we could just have Dan develop QB's and run the offense, let someone else run the defense, and most importantly let someone else do the recruiting, we would have a top 15 program.
    He also developed Relf and Tyler who helped get those wins. That defense did have those players but other than Cox the rest were underrated and raw and Dan developed them as well. It wasn't like the defense was elite when he arrived with highly rated talent and just offense needed fixing. He had to overhaul the whole program for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not entirely accurate. Throwing out bowl games he's had 2 - 5 win seasons, 2 - 6 win seasons, 3 - 8 win seasons and 1 - 10 win season.
    Exactly- this is how you measure your program. Going 6-6 and getting to play Rice in a bowl game or 5-7 to play a team half our fanbase didn't know was D-1 for easy wins doesn't really tell the story.

We are a 6-8 win program under Mullen. And we have to accept that

vCash
    He also won 9 games with Relf and 8 with Tyler. It wasn't just Dak, who he developed. Throw out the first year setting up the program and he averages 8 wins a year for the last 7 years. He is better than a 6-6 coach
    I don't want Mullen fired,but he is paid top 15-20 type money and does not produce those results.I dont expect us to out recruit bama,lsu type programs,i know that will never happen.I just think we could and should do better than we do.

vCash
    He averages 7 not counting some cake bowl games added in. And that's with a cake OOC schedule too.
    He averages 8, you count every game. The reason is if he had lost every bowl you damn sure would count it against him. And the bowl games count in the rankings. It's 8 his last 7 years.

vCash
    Yea ... he "developed them":

2010 - 42 in total O (not bad with Relf I will admit)
    2011 - 84
    2012 - 80
    2013 - 42

ETA: We won with defense those years ... despite the propaganda. Go look at the D rankings.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-19-2017 at 10:15 AM.

vCash
    He averages 8, you count every game. The reason is if he had lost every bowl you damn sure would count it against him. And the bowl games count in the rankings. It's 8 his last 7 years.
    I do count only regular season games. That determines where we finish in the SEC W. Now if we had lost every bowl game then that would be an entirely separate reason to be pissed at him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Exactly- this is how you measure your program. Going 6-6 and getting to play Rice in a bowl game or 5-7 to play a team half our fanbase didn't know was D-1 for easy wins doesn't really tell the story.

We are a 6-8 win program under Mullen. And we have to accept that
    You count every game. Period. The dang rankings don't stop with the regular season. The wins and losses count, period

vCash
    I think a team that is decently talented and works as hard as they can, combined with great QBs, is a pretty good recipe for a program like ours. It won't keep you consistently at the top, but what formula will here? It will give you years like 2014 every few years or so, and I am fine with that. We'll have a chance to really compete here and there.

vCash
    He averages 8, you count every game. The reason is if he had lost every bowl you damn sure would count it against him. It's 8 his last 7 years.
    You really don't. Counting wins vs Rice and Miaimi of Ohio while Auburn plays OU in the Sugar is just a little different.

And Dawg166 is correct in the cake schedule. We have been the 1 SEC school not playing P5 games to boost our win total. And that's fine- but let's not act like we are a powerhouse. The 2 games we have played OOC in the last 4 years against decent teams in Ok St and BYU we have lost.

vCash
    Yea ... he "developed them":

2010 - 42 in total O (not bad with Relf I will admit)
    2011 - 84
    2012 - 80
    2013 - 42
    I said QB's. Read

vCash
    You really don't. Counting wins vs Rice and Miaimi of Ohio while Auburn plays OU in the Sugar is just a little different.

And Dawg166 is correct in the cake schedule. We have been the 1 SEC school not playing P5 games to boost our win total. And that's fine- but let's not act like we are a powerhouse. The 2 games we have played OOC in the last 4 years against decent teams in Ok St and BYU we have lost.
    Neither of you are correct. No stat or ranking does that. Every single place you look for a coaches record doesn't stop with regular season. They count every game no matter how you want state your case it is not correct and you can't link any stat or historian who does that. You both are dead wrong

vCash
    I do count only regular season games. That determines where we finish in the SEC W. Now if we had lost every bowl game then that would be an entirely separate reason to be pissed at him.
    Link one place that only counts regular season for a coach win totals. Just because it fits your skewed agenda to do so doesn't make it correct.

vCash
    I said QB's. Read
    And I'm saying if he "developed" them so well ... our rankings should be higher. Certainly not in the damn 80s.

vCash
    Link one place that only counts regular season for a coach win totals. Just because it fits your skewed agenda to do so doesn't make it correct.
    I don't have an agenda ... none except winning games we should win and beating up on the 4 teams each year in the SEC W that are vulnerable.

vCash

And we scored 3 damn points against Ok St. (not exactly a defensive powerhouse school) and 21 in regulation against BYU. However Ok St had an offense (we held them to 21 pts.)

vCash
    Mullen's success with high end recruits and his in-game coaching ain't nuthin to write home about either.

ETA: Not sure why everyone always says he's a great coach either. He may be a good coach. If he were great we'd be finishing higher in the west every year than we do.
    Mullen has his issues, as all coaches do from time to time. But he is a great offensive football coach. That's not even debatable. He made us competitive with a midget for a QB, and then he won with Chris Relf.

vCash
    Exactly! Don't know where this bowl games don't count thing started. All the games count. Geez

vCash
    I don't have an agenda ... none except winning games we should win and beating up on the 4 teams each year in the SEC W that are vulnerable.
    ETA: What's your agenda??