Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odom flips to Lville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Honestly I think the bottom line is that Mullen doesn't want to be in Starkville much longer and everyone knows it......it creates a tremendous uncertainty. Are we going to hire another Croom or Rick Ray? It scares the kids off. I'll be shocked if Mullen stays past this upcoming season as he has laid the ground-work to move to the NFL.
    Not necessarily disagreeing... but what ground work has he laid to move to the NFL? Dak? It takes more than a player to make a move to the NFL. And, I don't see him leaving 4 mil a year to go coach QBs in the NFL. He sure as hell isn't getting a head job or OC job in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is sad. I feel sure that our new AD will be weighing in on this situation soon. Cohen was a recruiter. He knows what it takes to win and is much better at evaluating performance in this area than Strick was. I see a fire being lit soon.
    Unfortunately they are too close of friends for the heavy hand you desire.

More stern than Stricklin? Likely, but Mullen doesn't see Cohen as his boss. He sees himself as AD of football.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Something is going on at Callaway. Expect Heath to decommit. He tweeted something today "Thanks to big bro and coach for opening my eyes today". Big bro was Odom. Their coach? Former MSU DL Darius Brown.
    What's Brown's beef against MSU?

vCash
    Honestly I think the bottom line is that Mullen doesn't want to be in Starkville much longer and everyone knows it......it creates a tremendous uncertainty. Are we going to hire another Croom or Rick Ray? It scares the kids off. I'll be shocked if Mullen stays past this upcoming season as he has laid the ground-work to move to the NFL.
    hhhhhhhhWhat? Stupid troll is stupid.

vCash

Oh please.

Not this garbage again. Mullen's problem is he doesn't lie when reporters ask him about things like NFL jobs. There's not another college coach in the country that wouldn't listen if an NFL team came calling, but insecure Mississippi State fans want Mullen to lie and say State is the best job in the country, blah blah blah blah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Not necessarily disagreeing... but what ground work has he laid to move to the NFL? Dak? It takes more than a player to make a move to the NFL. And, I don't see him leaving 4 mil a year to go coach QBs in the NFL. He sure as hell isn't getting a head job or OC job in the NFL.
    ......from his own admission he is interested in the NFL. Whether he can land a job is another thing. Hell, he'd be in Miami at the U if he had won the job. That's why he fired his agent! His enthusiasm and recruiting effort has waned as his desire to bolt Starkvegas has increased.

BTW....I'm from Starkville originally and love the place.....I wish Dan did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Unfortunately they are too close of friends for the heavy hand you desire.

More stern than Stricklin? Likely, but Mullen doesn't see Cohen as his boss. He sees himself as AD of football.
    So, then, what will it take to shake the very foundation of our recruiting philosophy? And by "recruiting philosophy" I mean "looooooong farting sound".

vCash
    ......from his own admission he is interested in the NFL. Whether he can land a job is another thing. Hell, he'd be in Miami at the U if he had won the job. That's why he fired his agent! His enthusiasm and recruiting effort has waned as his desire to bolt Starkvegas has increased.

SO his desire to get a better job offer has led him to perform worse in recruiting and on the field.... solid strategy. I'm not sure you've thought this through, main....

vCash
    Enforcer can we get a check on the new Jan members. May not be anything but it is the season.

Banned
    vCash
    This flip doesn't pass the smell test. We know tsun pays players not to visit us and what not. Why is Yancey concerned with a player not going to Ole Miss ? Just to jab us in the eye since their network has crumbled?

vCash
    When I read this post I knew where it belonged immiately...

Banned
    vCash
    Deleted

vCash

Sure you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Recruiting clause? So you are going to let people like Yancy determine our coach now? That's insane.
    It's a bonus in the contract. He gets a top 20 class he gets the bonus. If he doesn't then he doesn't get the bonus. It's not tied to whether he keeps his job or not at all.

Banned
    vCash
    Sweet this is the official melt thread. Lemme contribute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Sweet this is the official melt thread. Lemme contribute

It's not limited to this thread. 95% of our fan base appears to be melting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm much more worried about our HS recruiting class for this year melting. Appears to be happening right in front of our eyes. Thank heavens we got some good JUCOs and we will probably need a bunch more of them a couple of years from now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's a bonus in the contract. He gets a top 20 class he gets the bonus. If he doesn't then he doesn't get the bonus. It's not tied to whether he keeps his job or not at all.
    That's insane. That sounds like the stupid Confederates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No, some prolific internet posters, some of whom are most assuredly NOT MSU people, are melting on the internet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm much more worried about our HS recruiting class for this year melting. Appears to be happening right in front of our eyes. Thank heavens we got some good JUCOs and we will probably need a bunch more of them a couple of years from now.
    Maybe that is Dan's new recruiting strategy.