Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bearsharts wasting your tax dollars yet again... what a bunch of clowns.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Bearsharts wasting your tax dollars yet again... what a bunch of clowns.

Now trying to pass a law to stop the NCAA. I'm sure the NCAA will lessen their penalties now!!!!!

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/201.../HB/HB1040.xml

vCash
    This is funny on about 25 different levels.

vCash
    If I were OM I would drop out of the NCAA and the SEC just to teach all of us involved in the witch hunt a lesson.

vCash
    Guess they missed the part where they agreed to abide by all rules of the NCAA when they joined. They may have just pissed off the NCAA into a death penalty.

vCash
    Damn, that is some major level of stupidy!

vCash
    If you actually read section 7, it appears they are trying to make money by breaking the rules. Absurd.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/HB1040IN.htm

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    If you actually read section 7, it appears they are trying to make money by breaking the rules. Absurd.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/HB1040IN.htm
    LOL damn...

If the National Collegiate Athletic Association fails to complete its investigation and render its final decision on the alleged violations of the rules and regulations enacted through NCAA legislation within the time period allotted under this act from the time of its notice to the member institution in the form of a letter of official inquiry, investigation, hearing, ruling and any appellate process, the NCAA shall be fined Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) for each day the process exceeds the applicable time period, which such fine shall be payable to the member institution subject to the investigation and actionable through the Circuit Courts of the State of Mississippi.

vCash
    Surprise, surprise the Representative that authored the bill is an OM grad, an attorney, and is a member of the OM M-club.

vCash
    Trey Lamar is a good guy but damn he's lost his mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Surprise, surprise the Representative that authored the bill is an OM grad, an attorney, and is a member of the OM M-club.
    http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...ar_trey00.html
    Is this him? If so, he "played" football too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Now trying to pass a law to stop the NCAA. I'm sure the NCAA will lessen their penalties now!!!!!

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/201.../HB/HB1040.xml
    They are scared shitless. They are about to get their asses handed to them on a silver platter. And there ain't a damn thing they can do about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memphis_DAWG View Post
    Yep...even attended Dear Old State for a year.

vCash
    That's absolutely the dumbest crap I've seen come out of the state Capitol. And that's saying something. Now they are just embarrassing the entire state.

vCash
    I'm not a smart man, but I'm pretty sure that trying to change state law to "corral" an NCAA investigation would almost assuredly be grounds to remove you from the NCAA and probably the conference. All the Div. I schools in the state would have to have a say-so in the legislation. You can't just create a law to keep you out of the woodshed the moment before the hammer falls. Surely, they are not this dumb. It would be a disgrace to the state of Mississippi and the entire SEC. Trey Lamar should be ashamed of himself.
    Last edited by SaintDawg; 01-18-2017 at 05:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    That's absolutely the dumbest crap I've seen come out of the state Capitol. And that's saying something. Now they are just embarrassing the entire state.
    http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/mem...ouse/lamar.xml

Yep, he may be in "The Network" trying to save his own behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memphis_DAWG View Post
    Yep. Senatobia boy along with Christian Byrd and Brooks Oakley.

vCash
    There isn't anything in the bill that says it would be retroactive so that it would encompass the current investigation. In the unlikely event that this were to be signed into law, OM would still be hammered from what I can tell. It's a preventative measure from it happening again. That could be construed as "You caught us this time, but you won't next time"

Archimedes
    vCash
    Since when did the ncaa fall under ms law? Good way to get every school included us kicked out of the ncaa.

vCash
    we all knew this was going to be fun but I'm not sure anyone figured on this ... Maybe OM should relocate to California