Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basketball Recruiting Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I bet we see Ado start. Ben Howland has bragged on Ado many times and says he doesnt usually do that for a player that hasn't played a game and that everyone should get VERY excited about him. They have used him to be UK's Bam and Texas A&M's Tyler Davis in practice. Of course, I don't think we'll have a set starting 5, I think it will be whatever fits the need for any particular game.
    I think Ado will play a good bit and will have a clear role as a rim protector, but I don't see any way he starts over Herard next year.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    This^^ Nobody said he was going to score 25 a game..
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You have the choice between Strugg being the casualty or Datcher and you pick Datcher? What? It's not even a contest. Datcher is miles ahead of Strugg.
    Honestly I wasn't even thinking about Strugg. I was just opining about how much i dislike Datcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    So you would rather lose Datcher instead of Strugg? I don't see the logic behind that 1.
    Sorry. When i quoted the OP i was concentrating just on the possibility of cutting Datcher, not trying to compare the two.

Yes, Datcher over strugg all day to keep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Honestly I wasn't even thinking about Strugg. I was just opining about how much i dislike Datcher.
    Why do you dislike Datcher? No, he's not super talented, nobody ever claimed or thought he was. He has a role to play, and he plays it pretty well for a freshman.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Why do you dislike Datcher? No, he's not super talented, nobody ever claimed or thought he was. He has a role to play, and he plays it pretty well for a freshman.
    Agreed. Datcher has had a better freshman year than 4* top 100 Wright.

vCash
    Oh I am not letting the one opportunity in life to use TeaSpoon and TableSpoon go by the waste side. It'll catch on damnit!
    Q is Spoon and that's it for him. Gotta remember there is a 3rd Spoon too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Gotta remember there is a 3rd Spoon too.
    Soup Spoon?**

vCash
    Wright has played well with opportunity.

Carter isn't getting any open looks. Wish we would work on that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Soup Spoon?**
    Yup this is it. Soup Spoon won't be here till a couple years though.

vCash
    Datcher has also looked better than Holman did last year up to this point. Holman did improve alot in the second half of conference play.

Like Holman, Datcher has been mostly out of position at the 5 spot. The kid hustles and scraps down low. Not a lot of offensive ability, but that's not his role anyway.

Do I expect Datcher to improve as much as Holman between this year and next? No. But the kid is a true freshman that was not expected to play much (if any) this year. Give him time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If his role is to shoot less than 39% from the field and to avg more fouls than rebounds, points, or blocks, i guess he is doing a pretty good job.

I'm sure he is a gentleman and a scholar. I just don't believe to him to be sec caliber

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    If his role is to shoot less than 39% from the field and to avg more fouls than rebounds, points, or blocks, i guess he is doing a pretty good job.

I'm sure he is a gentleman and a scholar. I just don't believe to him to be sec caliber
    Do you remember what Charles Rhodes and Jarvis Varnado were like as true freshman? I wouldn't say they've looked any better than Datcher has so far.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Interested to see someone in the know respond to your question about Toppin. He is listed as a top target but I don't see where we are even in his top 3
    No Signature