Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 OL Commit

vCash
    Haha we get a commit from a huge OL and instead of saying good job for Hev. It's they guy must be to slow, horrible footwork, and is to tall. Gotta complain about something always

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Haha we get a commit from a huge OL and instead of saying good job for Hev. It's they guy must be to slow, horrible footwork, and is to tall. Gotta complain about something always
    When we having problems with trap blocking and D ends blowing past us ... then yea that needs to be addressed.

Sometimes folks deserve a pat on the back ... sometimes they need a kick in the arse.

ETA: I'm not an OLine recruiting guru by any stretch, but I'd almost rather have a 6'6, 280 guy that can fly and can grow into a large frame.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-18-2017 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    When we having problems with trap blocking and D ends blowing past us ... then yea that needs to be addressed.

Sometimes folks deserve a pat on the back ... sometimes they need a kick in the arse.

ETA: I'm not an OLine recruiting guru by any stretch, but I'd almost rather have a 6'6, 280 guy that can fly and can grow into a large frame.

I can almost guarantee that this kid who is 6'9" now was indeed 6'6" at one point in his life....***

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh ok so he will flip a month a from signing day next year...gotcha***
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Looks like Mullen is sick of hearing the Hevesy complaints and told them to run this story now instead of waiting

"I just love the environment there and the facilities and the coaching staff," added Johnson. "Coach (John) Hevesy is a great coach and I love the way he treats his guys. He treats them like they are his own sons and I can't wait to play for him. He is going to be a great coach to play for and he makes sure his guys get better every day. He is a big reason why I wanted to play for Mississippi State."
    This can't be true! All the recruits hate Hevesy lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kid is an OL all the way & he does move well for his size. He's also down to around 340lbs. I feel pretty confident in saying he'll eventually play around 320-330lbs for his career.
    Question IYOK: Seems like with that length (although I don't know what his wing span is) he'd only project at tackle, and then I would think primarily at LT?

vCash

Since there are so many 6'6" 280 pounders that can "fly"***

Have you seen the kid play? Do you have first hand knowledge that he is slow, un-athletic, and has horrible feet or are you just assuming because we have an early OL commit and you dislike Hev that he couldn't possibly be any good?
    Last edited by BB30; 01-18-2017 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Since there are so many 6'6" 280 pounders that can "fly"***
    Well ... you probably have a point there. I just recall that OSU's Oline was on the lighter side when they won the Natty 3 years ago. There center was 290. And they blocked Bama.

The reason I posted what I did is everyone gets caught up in size. Bert's Oline's over at Arky are usually good at run blocking, but struggle some in pass pro. A real quick D line gives them fits. They be huge tho.

vCash
    Well ... you probably have a point there. I just recall that OSU's Oline was on the lighter side when they won the Natty 3 years ago. There center was 290. And they blocked Bama.

The reason I posted what I did is everyone gets caught up in size. Bert's Oline's over at Arky are usually good at run blocking, but struggle some in pass pro. A real quick D line gives them fits. They be huge tho.
    Their RT was 6'6" 315 and their LT was 6'7" 320, C was 6'3" 300, and guards were in the 6'3-6'5 300-320 pound range. All pretty good sized kids. Most centers on every team are smaller. That is OSU's national champ line btw not ark.

vCash
    If his recruitment blows up we'll have a 40-50% chance then, I'm sure.

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...tate-decision/

Johnson played left tackle for Greenwood this past season and it was his first season at Greenwood. He started his prep career at Delta Streets Academy before transferring to Greenwood High School last year.
    He noted that the Bulldogs are also recruiting him to play tackle.
    "They like me as an offensive tackle and I can't wait to play that position for them," said Johnson. "I love to play the blind side and protect the quarterback. When I am at that spot, nobody is getting through to hit my quarterback."

Another factor for picking Mississippi State, added Johnson, was to stay in his home state for the college level.
    "I've been wanting to commit to Mississippi State since I was little," said Johnson. "And now I am glad I have the opportunity to do that. I want to represent my home state and represent where I come from. I am Mississippi-raised so I want to play for Mississippi State and be a Bulldog."
    His head coach noted of his play this past season and was very happy when Johnson transferred to Greenwood High School last year.
    "You've got a guy that is 6-foot-9 and 350 pounds that runs like a linebacker," said Gatewood. "He is an awesome player and we were very excited to get him this past season. He anchored our offensive line and we had a back that rushed for nearly 2,000 yards. Everyone that sees his film can see how big he is. But he has a lot to prove to people and why he has a chip on his shoulder. He is able to get to that second level and pancake everyone."
    Gatewood added that Johnson told him that he was ready to get his recruitment out of the way sooner than later.
    "He is a big kid that wants to earn his respect and fight for his state," said Gatewood. "He's always wanted to be a Bulldog and that's where his heart is at. He wanted to get his commitment out of the way so he could focus on his academics and his future at Mississippi State."

vCash
    Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Does he play basketball?
    Are you recruiting another big for the Lady Rebs?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Are you recruiting another big for the Lady Rebs?**
    Too small for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Big Terrence Cody for Bama was about 6'7" if I remember correctly.
    Nah, he was 6'4" ish.

Speaking of Cody, completely forgot that he is now in prison for animal cruelty charges. Dude is a POS