Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calipari & SEC Officials

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It is comforting to see I'm not the only one who has a bit of rage about that game. Wasn't there an issue with officiating during our regular season game that year too?? A goal tending no call or something?? I remember being already pissed before the tourney game even started.

My kids early memories of MSU basketball are me yelling at the TV about how shitty the refs were. They still laugh about it.
    I think that was when we had about a 7 point lead with a few minutes remaining and from that point all the way through overtime Kentucky was not called for a foul.
    I had a three hour ride home after that game and my blood pressure was still sky high when I got home.

vCash
    I'll never forget Lawrence Roberts getting mugged under the goal by two UK players. The ball goes out of bounds in the collision and awarded to UK. The Hump erupted in boos and Stansbury turned 50 shades of purple.

vCash
    The overall fouls ended up being close, us 28 Ky 24. But the refs hosed us especially the first 3 minutes of the second half. Once ky got up by 15+ the refs started calling fouls more evenly to make the total fouls seem "fair". It's just like playing Bama in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    That one may have been the worst call of the game. Came up right behind the UK player and was just standing there, the UK player turned and there was contact, blew the whistle on Q. Inexcusable to call that a foul.
    The worst one was the blockout foul very early in the game. Brent announces the refs will be calling a very close game while the other announcer says that was a pretty darn good blockout.

Banned
    vCash
    Cats fans have 34 pages of bitching about the refs haha

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t....223052/page-2

vCash
    Gerald Boudreaux calling a jump ball in 04 was THE worst hose job in the series. Bowers was on the floor in full possession and the UK player is trying to fouls him and he calls a jump ball instead. I won't even mention what happened next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Gerald Boudreaux calling a jump ball in 04 was THE worst hose job in the series. Bowers was on the floor in full possession and the UK player is trying to fouls him and he calls a jump ball instead. I won't even mention what happened next.
    Man, Stans hated Boudreaux! It seemed like every big game from 2001-2009 we would get Boudreaux or Doug Sirmons. Sirmons hated Stansbury. Stans getting tossed for giving him the choke sign against OM in 2004 or 2005 was awesome.

vCash
    I wish they had shown more replays of the fouls called. I'm in the dark on the vast majority. The blockout confuses me, but I think the call was that he leaned into the body. Maybe they want it to be a game of feet. The technical was the one that killed us, and that was apparently a valid call. But I never saw the play, so I have to take the word.

Maybe the new rules will eventually make the calls more objective. I do like that the rules force players to control their hands and use their feet on defense.