Thread: Just got back........

vCash

Just got back........

THE HUMP IS BACK! That was THE best thing tonight. Great job by all who were there. To the season ticket holders in the lower deck who gave or sold your tickets to UK fans, you suck.

As for the game, we played probably the best MSU men's basketball has played in at least 7-8 years. The effort was just outstanding. I thought we played UK about as well as you can play them defensively. They are hard to guard, esp Fox. If we shoot our normal free throw %we are right there with them. If we shoot our normal 3 pt % we are right there with them. That we were STILL so close without that is mind boggleing if you saw us play even a couple of weeks ago. There are a few little things that bothered me still, but if you listened to Howland after the game he pretty much covered them all so I won't get into them here.

One more comment, Peters and Herad are going to be among the very best players we have ever had. They both are improving almost exponentially every game now, and the are true freshmen.

vCash
    Kegler also had his best game

vCash
    A college basketball analyst for CBS named John Rothstein made the comment that Kentucky may have finally found their sparring partner in the SEC in Mississippi State. People are taking notice of the improvement in this team.

Seth Greenberg tweeted out that he liked the competitive spirit of Mississippi State and that they are taking on Coach Howland toughness and mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    THE HUMP IS BACK! That was THE best thing tonight. Great job by all who were there. To the season ticket holders in the lower deck who gave or sold your tickets to UK fans, you suck.

As for the game, we played probably the best MSU men's basketball has played in at least 7-8 years. The effort was just outstanding. I thought we played UK about as well as you can play them defensively. They are hard to guard, esp Fox. If we shoot our normal free throw %we are right there with them. If we shoot our normal 3 pt % we are right there with them. That we were STILL so close without that is mind boggleing if you saw us play even a couple of weeks ago. There are a few little things that bothered me still, but if you listened to Howland after the game he pretty much covered them all so I won't get into them here.

One more comment, Peters and Herad are going to be among the very best players we have ever had. They both are improving almost exponentially every game now, and the are true freshmen.
    The empty seats in the high dollar seat thing is league wide. i flipped over the the UGA/Vandy game in Athens and there were more empty seats than butts in seats. There needs to be a way for seat owners to let the school know if they aren't coming and let the school redistribute or re-sell the tickets. It looks bad and it's a shame someone can't use the seats.

vCash
    Great effort by our Dawgs! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    The empty seats in the high dollar seat thing is league wide. i flipped over the the UGA/Vandy game in Athens and there were more empty seats than butts in seats. There needs to be a way for seat owners to let the school know if they aren't coming and let the school redistribute or re-sell the tickets. It looks bad and it's a shame someone can't use the seats.
    It should be recorded when that seats ticket isn't scanned. If someone misses "x" number of conference games then they should start losing Bulldog points. I understand that there are some lifelong season ticket holders out there but at some point you get to old to attend anymore. I had a buddy whose grandad had season tix for decades (lower area and 6 seats) when he finally died his grandson kept paying them, still does I think, but they don't attend any of the games and to my knowledge never sell them. It's a status thing for some. It's stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It should be recorded when that seats ticket isn't scanned. If someone misses "x" number of conference games then they should start losing Bulldog points. I understand that there are some lifelong season ticket holders out there but at some point you get to old to attend anymore. I had a buddy whose grandad had season tix for decades (lower area and 6 seats) when he finally died his grandson kept paying them, still does I think, but they don't attend any of the games and to my knowledge never sell them. It's a status thing for some. It's stupid.
    Problem with that is, you get credit if anybody takes your ticket, even if it's the opposition. You're basically giving incentive to selling your ticket to anybody.

vCash
    I think after 3-4 min in to the game they should just let those seats fill up and if someone shows up with a ticket they just have to move back to the original seat. We used to sit down there all the time when I was in high school and if someone showed up we just either moved down or went back to our seats. Nobody complained they just asked us nicely to move. That way you don't piss off anyone that donates a lot to the school and still fill the seats.

As stated before most of those are corp seats and they buy 8-10 tickets. When we were good most companies took prospective customers etc to the games. Once we fell off that wasn't as exciting for the customer. My wife works at a company that has 10 tickets in the gray backs on the floor and we get them for 4-6 sec games a season because no one wants them.

vCash
    I noticed a good many lower level seats empty to start the game, but it was a late arriving crowd, and those seats pretty well filled up after the game started. I did have one dude that was a closet ky fan, that sat on the opposite side of the aisle from me on the floor. He was passive until things tightened up , and then did a little clapping. Im not sure whose seats they were , but will definitely check who sits in them next game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    The UNM game looked like a morgue. Will we get a CL article on that today??***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Or just get extra points when you do attend. I mean if two people are both giving the same amount and one is physically attending and the other's seats go continually unused, it only makes sense that the person supporting in person should have a higher priority in future ticket sales.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Problem with that is, you get credit if anybody takes your ticket, even if it's the opposition. You're basically giving incentive to selling your ticket to anybody.
    Well, same thing can happen if you give the ticket office the right to resell your ticket. They are just going to sell to the general public. But we are talking basketball here, I don't see that is being any kind of problem. Nobody we play, outside of KY, really travels with a fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Or just get extra points when you do attend. I mean if two people are both giving the same amount and one is physically attending and the other's seats go continually unused, it only makes sense that the person supporting in person should have a higher priority in future ticket sales.
    I like this idea. Make it a 2 level award system. Points for purchasing, and then some more for physically attending the game. If you continually go to games and support the team, you absolutely should get a better pick of seats for future seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well, same thing can happen if you give the ticket office the right to resell your ticket. They are just going to sell to the general public. But we are talking basketball here, I don't see that is being any kind of problem. Nobody we play, outside of KY, really travels with a fanbase.
    True enough.