Thread: Hey DumDum...Never say "over-rated" when losing.

vCash

Hey DumDum...Never say "over-rated" when losing.

Especially when you hope to build off of the tightly contested match with a top 10 team in the country. Matter of fact, I am having difficulty determining when the over-rated chant should be used.

Loved the energy tho! This team is coming together!

vCash
    Post is way to smart for most people and the chanters are college students who quite possibly are the biggest dumb asses on the planet.

Signed: DogsofAnarchy = Graduate of 3 SEC schools.

Quote Originally Posted by WildDawg View Post
    Especially when you hope to build off of the tightly contested match with a top 10 team in the country. Matter of fact, I am having difficulty determining when the over-rated chant should be used.

Loved the energy tho! This team is coming together!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    If they aren't overrated then we are underrated. I bet you their team, and ours, got it even if y'all don't.

vCash
    Yeah, I heard that on the broadcast. The crowd was doing great but that seemed like a lack of creativity.

I was in the BB pep band for men and women from 98-2001 and I can tell you that the crowd should have been louder through the last 4 minutes. That's when you just turn on the insanity. "Give them Hail State".

Also, they should have attacked Briscoe since it was obvious that it was possible to get under his skin.

I give the crowd a solid B for last night. Keep working on it.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Really stupid. Total lack of sports acumen. Get it together.

vCash
    Am I the only one that thought of this guy when I read dumdum in the title?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If they aren't overrated then we are underrated. I bet you their team, and ours, got it even if y'all don't.
    I 'get it' but it's still really, really dumb to chant something like that when you're losing. I've never liked the 'overrated' chant because it only really works when you're winning...but do you want to call the team you're beating overrated? Seems counterproductive and a bit of a knock on your own team.

vCash
    I thot the chant was appropriate for the situation. If big bad UK is big and bad then why are our poor unranked freshmen taking it to them? Looking at the relative ranking of the two teams something is askew. The talking head got the point of the chant but it Wildcat Tuesday so he had to cover for the big blue nation of misdirected priorities nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    I thot the chant was appropriate for the situation. If big bad UK is big and bad then why are our poor unranked freshmen taking it to them? Looking at the relative ranking of the two teams something is askew. The talking head got the point of the chant but it Wildcat Tuesday so he had to cover for the big blue nation of misdirected priorities nuts.
    Yeah, we're way better than people think. Trying to rub the opponent's face in something when they're beating you is dumb, period. But that chant has always struck me as a slap in your players' faces anyway. 'We're beating you, not because we're good, but because you suck.'

Kentucky is really good, and we are getting there. Trying to argue they're worse than advertised is also doing the same for us. Especially when you're not even winning. So we lost to an overrated team at home. Great.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    i thought it was dumb from the well what does that make us angle and won't defend it but if it had any chance whatsoever at getting in their players' heads at all in that last minute while they're shooting free throws & it's a 2 possession game then I don't mind it as much. The one that started when they were leaving the court after a win was completely counterproductive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    The one that started when they were leaving the court after a win was completely counterproductive.
    What did they chant then?

vCash
    I hate the overrated chant. Other than that, students were great.

vCash
    At work we should chant "underrated". Start a new thing.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    What did they chant then?
    same thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    same thing
    Ugh