Thread: Starkville HS New Football Coach

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

Starkville HS New Football Coach

Starkville has hired Chris Jones from Kemper County. Great hire by Starkville. He's the best young coach in the state IMO.

Banned
    vCash
    Top 5 coach in the entire state. The most organized guy you will find anywhere.

vCash
    Seems like things settled down nicely in Starkville.

vCash
    MSU guy?

vCash
    Great hire

vCash
    He has some internal issues to solve first thing. Gotta get those daddy's out of the locker room.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    MSU guy?
    He won't interfere either way. He's not the type guy to get into the whole recruiting deal. He will support the kid regardless. If I'm not mistaken I wanna say Chris went to Alabama but I'm not completely sure. .. iyok can prob clarify.

vCash
    What makes him GREAT? Just curious. I know nothing about the man. Is he an offensive or defensive guy? Is he an MSU guy since that would have been my first question? Can he foster a better relationship between the High school and the MSU coaches? Is he a good teacher? What makes him GREAT? Has he won State Championships?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Starkville has hired Chris Jones from Kemper County. Great hire by Starkville. He's the best young coach in the state IMO.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Banned
    vCash
    I was wrong. He went to Jackson State.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    What makes him GREAT? Just curious. I know nothing about the man. Is he an offensive or defensive guy? Is he an MSU guy since that would have been my first question? Can he foster a better relationship between the High school and the MSU coaches? Is he a good teacher? What makes him GREAT? Has he won State Championships?
    Watch his teams play. KC was atrocious when he went there. His teams are the most disciplined and fundamentally sound I've ever seen. He is a disciplinarian and his system is very complex to defend against.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Watch his teams play. KC was atrocious when he went there. His teams are the most disciplined and fundamentally sound I've ever seen. He is a disciplinarian and his system is very complex to defend against.
    Preacher pretty much answered everything. He's going to hold his kids accountable but they'll run through a wall for him. Also runs a modern offense so his guys will be prepared for the next level.

vCash
    I thought he played for the Chiefs**

vCash
    Good hire. They chose him over Rob Morgan. Pogue was in the mix but there was no way he was going to get that job right now.

vCash
    We played KC in 7 on 7 this past summer and they were the best team we saw. And we're 6a KC was 3a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    He has some internal issues to solve first thing. Gotta get those daddy's out of the locker room.
    ...IN THEEE HELL are you talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I thought he played for the Chiefs**
    I thought he punted for the Cowboys**