Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schaefer adds another 5-star player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Or maybe social justice warriors should come to understand "freedom of speech" does not mean, "freedom from criticism".
    I've said that very thing plenty, BLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Kneeling during the anthem has nothing to do with BLM. And again, taking issue with a well-intentioned entity because of some of the things that happened under that banner is exactly what they are doing as well.
    Yes it does. If you took the time to check out her twitter account, you'd see yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Congrats on fast-tracking this thread to the political board, bub.
    Fastracking?? All I did was respond to the comment that BLM is not connected to the recent violence against cops.

vCash
    Fastracking?? All I did was respond to the comment that BLM is not connected to the recent violence against cops.
    Bringing that (as well as a chant about "bacon") into a discussion about a new recruit kneeling during the anthem is just perfectly normal discourse, I suppose.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Calm down Sally let's not start WW3 here
    I live in California. I see and hear all the time what BLM supporters say and do. I hear my own daughters come home from school brainwashed from the blatant lies all their friends regurgitate on a regular basis.

I'm telling you...the vast majority I have encountered are not "peaceful" or "reasonable", and they damn sure are not remotely interested in having a civil, reasoned debate on the subject.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 01-17-2017 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Bringing that (as well as a chant about "bacon") into a discussion about a new recruit kneeling during the anthem is just perfectly normal discourse, I suppose.***
    You must think you're really clever. The man stated BLM's cause did not include violence toward cops. I gave him the chant that was used at one of the BLM marches. That's a fact. Not sorry its inconvenient for you.

Banned
    vCash
    blacklistedbully rn

Banned
    vCash
    I live in California. I see and hear all the time what BLM supporters say and do. I hear my own daughters come home from school brainwashed from the blatant lies all their friends regurgitate on a regular basis.

I'm telling you...the vast majority I have encountered are not "peaceful" or "reasonable", and they damn sure are not remotely interested in having a civil, reasoned debate on the subject.
    Then move cause where I live it ain't like that at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Then move cause where I live it ain't like that at all
    I sincerely wish I had when my daughters were toddlers. Its like living on another planet out here. Most intolerant people I have ever come across. Everything out here is so far left....so far social justice warrior that being a republican can cause you to be ostracized, and even physically assaulted by some.

vCash
    Oktibbeha County, and Mississippi State in general, are pretty progressive, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Also, I guess people should just keep their mouth shut anytime there is a possibility they face backlash from stating their beliefs. #TheAmericanWay
    America is giving her a free education and a chance to make something of her life. If she doesnt like it- she needs to go somewhere else. She can protest all she wants at rallys and other political functions- but when she represents our school- she better stand her ass up at attention
    Last edited by Random Poster; 01-17-2017 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Kneeling during the anthem has nothing to do with BLM. And again, taking issue with a well-intentioned entity because of some of the things that happened under that banner is exactly what they are doing as well.
    BLM is about as well-intentioned as the Klan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    BLM is about as well-intentioned as the Klan
    And there are quite a lot of people who have likely felt that way about America through the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    America is giving her a free education and a chance to make something of her life. If she doesnt like it- she needs to go somewhere else. She can protest all she wants at rallys and other political functions- but when she represents our school- she better stand her ass up at attention
    So being on scholarship means one can no longer have beliefs or values? Maybe they can, but they can no long act on them? Since when does that apply?

I know it didn't apply to a particular group of '63 MSU student athletes who spurned both majority rule and Governor...

Banned
    vCash
    Something tells me that if it were Cam Akers or Willie Gay committing to us and either one of them were kneeling during the anthem, a lot more folks on here would talk themselves into being OK with it. That's my hot take for the day.