Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hev Whiffs Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Carty is a must get for this staff.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Does sanago have a commitable offer from us? Either way, if OM lands sanago, Oliver, and Dixon, then they've done a pretty solid job of filling in hole at LB considering their circumstances
    Sounds like he does, especially since we appear to have parted ways with Oliver but I don't know for sure.

Banned
    vCash
    Get carty, gay, bulovas, and at least one more and I won't melt
    Just get willie Gay. Losing him will send me into a rage the likes of which most have never seen.

Banned
    vCash
    Does sanago have a commitable offer from us? Either way, if OM lands sanago, Oliver, and Dixon, then they've done a pretty solid job of filling in hole at LB considering their circumstances
    Why did I think Oliver was a safety?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Why did I think Oliver was a safety?
    247 has him listed as safety I think, but everyone projects him as lb

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    We just don't work hard enough at recruiting for enough time throughout the yr. Grinding from Dec to Feb and in the summer doesn't cut it. We should be on the 18 and 19 guys and we are still trying to find guys for this class.

vCash
    Exactly- we relax in recruiting from August-November....huge problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Not this year. Half of our class for this year signed in Dec and we had a lot more visits this during the season.

vCash
    We took Phillips and Richardson early, so we obviously like them. Champion was a 4* out of HS and has a nice offer sheet. Suggs has a nice offer sheet. If we can get carty too, I think this is one of our best oline classes under Mullen
    That's sad. Two JUCO's- and the reason that we had to get JUCO's in the first place is because one was a sign and place which I can live with and the other because of Hevesy missing out on targets 2-3 years ago. And even though we "pass" on recruits that are "raw" Mississippi kids- what do we do just two years later when chasing some random kid from Georgia or Florida fails? We sign a raw JUCO guy from Mississippi like Phillips. Not to mention the fact that Hevesy missed out on Hayes meaning we have a huge question mark at RT going into the spring. Richardson has some work to do to qualify. Suggs I do like. And I'm not panicking but if we miss on Carty and Richardson doesn't qualify that means that we are bringing in one HS o-lineman this class. So, yeah- getting Carty is pretty big for this staff right now.

Like IMissJack just said we just hired a top 20 DC. It's time to stop being OK with cutting corners with coaches like Hevesy who are a liability with their recruiting. It isn't acceptable anymore. We shouldn't have to take risks on guys like Richardson. The days of winning the Egg Bowl and the Liberty Bowl being a benchmark for a great season at MSU need to be over. Instead, 7-8 wins should be the minimum standard now.

And like Dawgology said- this isn't about cheating our asses off Ole Miss style. All I'm wanting are 4-5 quality 3-4 star high school o-linemen. We shouldn't have to cheat to get that. Hell, even Croom was able to swing the "Four Horsemen" back in the day.

We need an o-line coach that can recruit and evaluate. Period. There is no reason why we can't have one. We don't even have to fire Hevesy or even take him off the field- something that I suspect will become even easier to do when the NCAA likely approves an extra coach in April. I say promote him to AHC, let Dan coach the QB's, and then hire an o-line coach that can recruit and evaluate talent. I don't even think I would mind it if Hevesy coached the o-line some under that set-up- Sherrod and Gabe Jackson did well so Hevesy likely knows what he is doing on some level. The problem obviously is he needs someone to bring them in for him so that he use his strength. The fact that Dan made comments that he may coach the QB's himself gives me some fleeting hope that he might be considering doing just that. Maybe he is just waiting on Hevesy to crap out on recruiting again before he makes the move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Do you think we place too much emphasis on the football camp and not enough on trying to find guys after the camp or try to find in state guys that didn't go to the camp? I think that's some of the problem.

Banned
    vCash
    Crooms bunch did better crootin OL than ******* bunch. That just ain't right m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Do you think we place too much emphasis on the football camp and not enough on trying to find guys after the camp or try to find in state guys that didn't go to the camp? I think that's some of the problem.
    We are viewed as lazy recruiters. Thats the perception. Whether its true or not? I cant say. But perceptions are hard to overcome and thats the view by coaches in the Fall about our staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Jordan Tucker commits to UNC
    Let's completely ignore the fact that John Hevesy was not Jordan Tucker's recruiter. That was Maurice Linguist. But I understand. This serves as more confirmation bias for some of you that want to continue to push a false narrative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Crooms bunch did better crootin OL than ******* bunch. That just ain't right m
    Our o line coach under Croom was 10 times better than Hevesy as well. Hevesy will keep Mullen from reaching his full potential as a head coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Let's completely ignore the fact that John Hevesy was not Jordan Tucker's recruiter. That was Maurice Linguist. But I understand. This serves as more confirmation bias for some of you that want to continue to push a false narrative.
    Hevesy sucks

vCash
    I luv ole Hev *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Every recruit has two recruiters- the area coach which in this case was Linguist, and the position coach which is Hevesy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Every recruit has two recruiters- the area coach which in this case was Linguist, and the position coach which is Hevesy.
    Nice job with the clarity Todd, but your efforts are futile. The formal template for the "Hevesy sucks" thread shall not be tampered with, and someone must bring the "primary recruiter" excuse up with each thread. So it is written, and so it always shall be. The full template is below. By my casual tracking, we are about 80% done with this one.

OP: We lost another OL with decent offer sheet to a Power 5 school. Hev SUX!!!

Response 1: Geez, it's like satire now. How does Hev stay employed???

Response 2: When are we gonna move Hevesy to AHC and bring in a real OL coach???

Response 3: We really never had a shot at this guy, he was an out of state guy we got in on late.

Response 4: Hev is a lazy recruiter.

Response 5: Whoooooaa guys, chill out. Hev wasn't even his primary recruiter!!!!

Response 6: /casual explanation that OL coaches are (shockingly) a major factor in recruiting quality OL.

Response 7: Alright everybody calm down. Sucks to lose this guy, as he had some tools. But he was a bit of a project and who knows if he would have developed like we needed him to (blanket statement that applies to any HS OL recruit ever)

Response 8: ****ing **** country club pussies!!!!!!

Response 9 from Dawg61: AWW SHIT THIS AGAIN??? You losers all need to get LAID!!1!!1!!

vCash
    Holy crap! Looks like Hev has an aunt and a sister posting on here. If he is as good an X's and O's coach as some say then let him do that. A coach who was at Aberdeen when Ward and Love were there has told me the same kind of things that the SHS athletic department employee has told me recently. People don't like him. I DO NOT want a tent revivalist but treating people a little better would go a long way. I don't expect our coaches to kiss ass all the time, just stop being one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Our o line coach under Croom was 10 times better than Hevesy as well. Hevesy will keep Mullen from reaching his full potential as a head coach
    I agree with this. Nothing we can do about it though, but just be content with less than mediocre play on the OL. Apparently our AD will not require Mullen to get rid of this guy