Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gridironnow throws out early SEC power rankings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    http://gridironnow.com/2017-sec-power-rankings-early/

I am almost in complete agreement. State and OM are interchangeable where they are. I would put us ahead because they play at our place and we have the better QB and LB's
    Nah.

I think our defense will be better, and our QB play will be improved which will result in 2-3 more wins during the regular season. I'll say 7-5 with OOC, UNM, Kentucky, and one of Arkansas/Texas A&M/Georgia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    And that 1 time (2015) was the only other time we had them at home AND the gap between in head coach/QB between us and them is as big as it will be in 2017.
    I'll disagree. They will be as good and likely better than us on the OL and DL

So we are on for a grand? I've got Kentucky +21 right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    And that 1 time (2015) was the only other time we had them at home AND the gap between in head coach/QB between us and them is as big as it will be in 2017.
    Their back-up QB outplayed our starting QB in 2016- and they will have their starting QB back in 2017....but suddenly we are supposed to be head and shoulders above them at QB in 2017???

Can you explain your theory on this for us????

vCash
    Random makes sense sometimes but he just trolls the shit out of this board on a consistent basis. KY had no business beating us last year and were lucky as hell to do it on the last play. We will beat them in 2017 you can bookmark it

vCash

I'll take state vs Kentucky straight up random for $10,000 if your so sure they are

Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Random makes sense sometimes but he just trolls the shit out of this board on a consistent basis. KY had no business beating us last year and were lucky as hell to do it on the last play. We will beat them in 2017 you can bookmark it
    Better. You got game or all mouth.

vCash
    TXAM & Tennessee shouldn't be in the top half

LSU is too high ~ s/b around 5. No Qb, no Fournette, losing a bunch.

State should be ~7 to 9 just based on having a top 3 returning qb alone, but people aren't appreciating that Shump & Holloway & Coman aren't on the roster.

In terms of QB rankings, I put Fitz in top 3 with Hurts (surrounding cast) & Ark Allen (returning & had a good year).

vCash
    wtf? Thats just ****ing stupid. Please explain what I have said is wrong?

Well I was trolling you on that comment, but you cannot put much credibility in that prediction. He has Vandy WAY too low. OM and Tennessee WAY too high. UK had a good year and they wont be bottom 3 but they will not be better than us this coming year. 4 star linemen in waiting or not.

vCash
    Their back-up QB outplayed our starting QB in 2016- and they will have their starting QB back in 2017....but suddenly we are supposed to be head and shoulders above them at QB in 2017???

Can you explain your theory on this for us????
    Is Fitz the next "check down charlie"?**

vCash
    Kentucky returns their top guy in receptions and returns a 1,000 yard rusher
    I thought I read that he was transferring? Different guy?

vCash
    I think State will be a little better than last year. I've not paid a lot of attention to Gridiron so I don't know who writes for them, their rep, etc. but when they say Grantham is overated I begin to question them a bit. He has fielded consistently average to good defenses throughout his career. that's really all you can ask for and that is usually enough (with a good offense) to get you at least 9 - 10 wins a season and in the playoffs if you're lucky.

It's funny how MSU hires a great D coordinator and, after several seasons of media busting our chops about our D coordinators, all of a sudden this proven one is underated. I know a lot of tsun fans have been spouting that nonsense lately as well. Interesting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I thought I read that he was transferring? Different guy?
    Their leading receiver in total yards, and YPC is transferring. Their leading receiver in receptions will be back. Ironically neither of their top 2 receivers had more yards or TDs than Our top two this year. So we are technically returning a better receiver than their "leading" receiver statistically speaking. We are also returning a 1,000 yard rusher.

vCash
    I just disagree. Kentucky returns more starters and gets their starting QB back. They beat us with their back-up QB in 2016. We are at home so it should be a good game.
    Tennessee was better than Vandy, but that didn't keep Vandy from beating them. Stuff happens. We were better than them last year and played like shit defensively. That's what lost the game.

Not only are we better than Kentucky, but we are better than Kentucky by a fairly substantial margin.

vCash
    I'll disagree. They will be as good and likely better than us on the OL and DL

So we are on for a grand? I've got Kentucky +21 right?
    I'll bet with you but you have to give me points since you insist Kentucky is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    TXAM & Tennessee shouldn't be in the top half

LSU is too high ~ s/b around 5. No Qb, no Fournette, losing a bunch.

State should be ~7 to 9 just based on having a top 3 returning qb alone, but people aren't appreciating that Shump & Holloway & Coman aren't on the roster.

In terms of QB rankings, I put Fitz in top 3 with Hurts (surrounding cast) & Ark Allen (returning & had a good year).
    You haven't learned yet??? Having a top returning QB gives you instant cred with the media and pundits UNLESS you are State. I've witnessed this a lot over the past three years and it's hilarious!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We will be better than Kentucky next year. We have a better coach and recruit better than them every year. We have the better qb and now have the better DC.

vCash
    Boilerplate article. Change the players names and date on report.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They say Grantham is over rated but all he's done is field top 20 defenses where ever he's gone.
    What I'm hearing from UGA and UofL fans is that he's not particularly good on 3rd down and so he calls the eye test and the stats aren't as compelling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    What I'm hearing from UGA and UofL fans is that he's not particularly good on 3rd down and so he calls the eye test and the stats aren't as compelling.
    What's a "third down"? I've not seen one of those in over a year... It's weird how some people don't realize how bad our defense was for 80% of the season.

vCash
    I can understand UoL and tsun fans poo-poo'ing on Grantham because they have chapped asses over it. I can understand Georgia fans talking shit about him because they are mainly stupid (see Mark Richt). But I DON'T understand State fans doing it...luckily I've only heard a couple but I have to seriously question their mental state. How anyone can not see that grantham is an amazing upgrade over what we have had over the past decade is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    People see what they want to see. In linking this FWTCT article it shows that Grantham's 3rd down defense at Louisville for the three years he was there was 3rd (2014), 3rd (2015) and 2nd (2016) in the ACC. Also shows that his defense in 2016 was 1st in scoring defense in the ACC. He's only overrated now because people have to find a way to put down a guy that MSU was able to hire. That's the bottom line.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.co...ace-with-beads