Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gridironnow throws out early SEC power rankings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Gridironnow throws out early SEC power rankings

http://gridironnow.com/2017-sec-power-rankings-early/

I am almost in complete agreement. State and OM are interchangeable where they are. I would put us ahead because they play at our place and we have the better QB and LB's

vCash
    Disagree.

I would've put MSU above Kentucky and TN and moved Arkansas up a notch.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Disagree.

I would've put MSU above Kentucky and TN and moved Arkansas up a notch.
    based on returning players- no way you can put State ahead of Kentucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I understand. MSU is better than Kentucky though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I understand. MSU is better than Kentucky though
    We werent in 2016...and they will be better in 2017 just as we should be. We have the home game and thats huge

vCash
    We werent in 2016...and they will be better in 2017 just as we should be. We have the home game and thats huge
    We will be better.

Not sure who's TN's QB is

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Kentucky beat us on a walk-off field goal in a game we should have won. We absolutely were better than them last year, and playing them at home this coming year, we will beat them. Also, home field advantage goes for 3 points, and they beat us by 2, so at worst we were even last year.

I'll say it again, you're the worst.

vCash
    BS...Kentucky just lost their best playmaker on offense and key WR. Their Qb isn't even a SEC caliber. But by all means keep believing the hype. My bet still stands and you've been hiding. Man up

vCash
    Kentucky also RS'ed a couple of 4-star OL guys

vCash
    No- but Tenn has alot of talent. They will have to fight off Kentucky for 3rd in the East

vCash
    Once again...trolling your own board for traffic....

vCash
    The hell you can't. State is better than Kentucky. And to say we will be less talented on defense (as the article does) goes beyond retardation. I agree that we have questions on the o-line (like we do every year) and at WR, although we have some talent there. We will be better than Ole Miss by a good bit and better than Kentucky. I'd put us in a virtual tie with Arkansas, ahead of Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. I think we may even be better than Tennessee, as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    The hell you can't. State is better than Kentucky. And to say we will be less talented on defense (as the article does) goes beyond retardation. I agree that we have questions on the o-line (like we do every year) and at WR, although we have some talent there. We will be better than Ole Miss by a good bit and better than Kentucky. I'd put us in a virtual tie with Arkansas, ahead of Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. I think we may even be better than Tennessee, as well.
    I just disagree. Kentucky returns more starters and gets their starting QB back. They beat us with their back-up QB in 2016. We are at home so it should be a good game.

vCash
    I just disagree. Kentucky returns more starters and gets their starting QB back. They beat us with their back-up QB in 2016. We are at home so it should be a good game.
    Tennessee was better than Vandy, but that didn't keep Vandy from beating them. Stuff happens. We were better than them last year and played like shit defensively. That's what lost the game.

Not only are we better than Kentucky, but we are better than Kentucky by a fairly substantial margin.

vCash
    They say Grantham is over rated but all he's done is field top 20 defenses where ever he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They say Grantham is over rated but all he's done is field top 20 defenses where ever he's gone.
    What I'm hearing from UGA and UofL fans is that he's not particularly good on 3rd down and so he calls the eye test and the stats aren't as compelling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    What I'm hearing from UGA and UofL fans is that he's not particularly good on 3rd down and so he calls the eye test and the stats aren't as compelling.
    What's a "third down"? I've not seen one of those in over a year... It's weird how some people don't realize how bad our defense was for 80% of the season.

vCash
    I can understand UoL and tsun fans poo-poo'ing on Grantham because they have chapped asses over it. I can understand Georgia fans talking shit about him because they are mainly stupid (see Mark Richt). But I DON'T understand State fans doing it...luckily I've only heard a couple but I have to seriously question their mental state. How anyone can not see that grantham is an amazing upgrade over what we have had over the past decade is beyond me.

Banned
    vCash
    With a Top 50 defense and just holding serve on offense from the last 4 or 5 games of last season, we should win 8-9 games at minimum. I don't see that for UK unless they just catch a ton of breaks. Grantham has had Top 50 defenses every year he has coached at this level, so I'd think that should be a given. The big question then becomes how well our OL can perform after losing 3 starters, and who can replace Ross as the go-to outside WR. Take care of those two areas and we'll be fine. Big question marks though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    People see what they want to see. In linking this FWTCT article it shows that Grantham's 3rd down defense at Louisville for the three years he was there was 3rd (2014), 3rd (2015) and 2nd (2016) in the ACC. Also shows that his defense in 2016 was 1st in scoring defense in the ACC. He's only overrated now because people have to find a way to put down a guy that MSU was able to hire. That's the bottom line.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.co...ace-with-beads